UKers... where do you go to buy your mac?

Shepherdess

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerli17
They're the Pro store for London so I damn hope so
tong.gif
I haven't got a Pro card so I can't say I've used one myself in there but I'm 99% sure they do.

Yes they do.
thmbup.gif

Moxy

Do you gals know if there is a store or a counter in Torquay?

I've been looking on MAC UK website but I'm not sure if I chose correct region - South-west should be ok but it looks like the closest one is in Plymouth
th_dunno.gif

aroseisarose

the only mac store anywhere near me is the one at the Metrocentre Newcastle and the staff are nice but there was one time i went in and asked for msf natural in light and she looked at me like i was speaking spanish! she repeated what i said to herself and said 'i don't know what you mean'. really!? msf to mac is like pick n mix to woolies! then after a little while she was like 'oh, you mean this'. well yeah love. i mean that. o.m.g. she must have been new but still. honestly lol.

nightingails

It's painful to find a non busy MAC in London... but I highly recommend the Kensington one. Very helpful and not busy. They even tell me what's coming up soon.
Now the Westfield's MACs I'd avoid at all costs. Queues, queues, queues....

User39

I think the only store anywhere near me is Debenhams in Leicester. So i usually shop there or online. :)

SNJx

I don't have a MAC near me so I rarely go to a counter. I buy from Debenhams online (so I can get my beauty points) or from the MAC website if I think something is going to sell out fast. When I have been to a counter it has always been the counter at Manchester Trafford Centre in Selfridges, lets just say I wasn't a huge fan of their customer service skills.

gracie90

When I'm at home I go to Browns of Chester (Debenhams), and when I'm at uni in Cardiff I go to Debenhams first and then the freestanding store! Also, there's a CCO at Cheshire Oaks so I always visit there when I'm back home :)

Trishh

My closest counter is in Fenwicks at Brent Cross and there is one SA there who is a bit rude. I just meander around until someone else helps me
smiles.gif
I like HOF at Bluewater the best I think - gone to several events there and they were all really nice, helpful and fun. Selfridges Oxford St counter is way too hectic most of the time and because of that (and the location) I think the SAs there are a bit full of themselves
winks.gif
The ones at Harvey Nicks Knightbridge are really nice.
Everyone that goes to MAC in selfridges-Oxford street... A little tip for you guyss...
the MAC counter on the main floor is ALWAYS packed and you cant get any attention/help from the staff...theyre also very rude! how rude is it to say hello and smile??
i suggest going to the 3rd/4th floor of selfridges, the MAC staff there are always nice, friendly and a great help! theyre rarely busy and theres alway someone whos more then willing to help you! :D

hope that helps :)

Willow92

House of Fraser (Beatties) in Wolverhampton is the closest for me. Gets really busy, had to wait 20 minutes before any staff even said hello.

luvlydee

i posted this in the cp requests for europe but i know that very few visit that section and i know the items i am looking for are available in the UK site but I am looking for

studio fix fluid nc44.5
studio fix powder nc44.5

they arent available in the US. i do everything through paypal and i will pay for everything including the shipping costs. i dont care if the items are used or if u guys buy it new for me. Thanks in advance!!

allthingsmakeup

I've got a question and I'm hoping one of you could (and want to) anwer it for me. Now I've heard that it is possible to order from mac.co.uk as a foreigner. But is it possible to ask them to put things aside in advance so you don't have to stalk the website? Or is it even possible to call any mac counter (or shop where they sell mac) and ask them if they would/want to do this for a customer who lives abroad? Recommendations are very welcome!

NatalieMT

I'm possibly not up to date with information but the MAC site has never taken pre-orders, it's just first come first served (stalking the site is part of the fun!). Sometimes if a particular counter knows you well they will put things aside for you to collect same day (I doubt they'd post overseas from your average counter, as most of them won't be able to legitimately take payments over the phone). The only place I remember taking phone orders etc was Soho pro store. You could give them a try and see if they'd be willing!

BlushingBetty

Chiming in late here. The MAC counter in Jollys in Bath is really good unfortunately the one in Debenhams Bristol has gone down hill :( . The shop assistants are either making up kids and too busy to assist or giving me the wrong product, just my experience hopefull not everyones.
I also recommend Debenhams online as they sell MAC and quite often have 10 or 20 % off.

Vernazza Makeup

I was very disappointed to read the initial post.

I am a MAC Brentcross artist I have been there since Mar 2012

Brentcross is one of the busiest counters in the country I think we rank UK 4th and Selfridges 1st. We try our best to get to everyone as quickly and efficiently as possible. Sometimes It can be challenging to give 100% to every customer when you are serving 3 people at the same time! But at the same time I recognise that MAC girls had a bad reputation for being aloof and unhelpful, I feel this has definitely been addressed now.

We joined mac because we love makeup and helping people with makeup and I know my colleagues are always happy and interested to help. The only thing I can say is that this thread was started back in 2006 when there was a different team and attitude. During my time at MAC I have seen that now they are more selective than ever with the type of person they hire, you need not only experience in makeup and retail but you need to be a warm friendly down to earth person.

x S x

Nashrin24

Hey Hi am glad to see this topic come up and a lot of positive feedback produced. Has far as I remember there was a pro store on Brixton high street in south London. I usually stick to buying online sometimes because the nearest one to me is Brent cross and sometimes the service isn't always positive,

Latest posts