UKers... where do you go to buy your mac?

cocolette

I dont have mine yet
oh.gif
(

I have been to tunni wells HOF and it was nice but SOOOO busy, blueater was relaly nice, the guy there is very gay but he was really helpful, but its too far away!

What do people think of the brighton store? im going there soon!
coco xx

RoCk_StAr_GiRl

I only really use the counter in Harvewy Nicholls in Edinburgh. Some of the MA's are really nice but there are a good few who are snobbish and unhelpful. I always leave empty handed if they are rude to me and order online instead.

Winnie

In Birmingham I go to the MAC store because the service is generally soo much better than Selfridges. It made me smile a few weeks ago when they all broke into song when the music turned into The Smiths-Charming Man (they often break into song its great!) I need to catch the name of one of the girls next time because she has been super nice on the last couple of times I've been in. Trouble is they have so many staff that it has taken a while for me to single out one MUA but at least I've figured out the days she works now..

Selfridges is a bit hit and miss, they seem to be lovely but some of them aren't very attentive but on occassion they can be fabulous. If I don't get any attention then I just walk on to the store...

Ang9000

I see this thread has been restarted from a while ago so I wanted to ask if the Carnaby Street MAC is still there? Ive never knew there was 1 there

tigerli17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ang9000
I see this thread has been restarted from a while ago so I wanted to ask if the Carnaby Street MAC is still there? Ive never knew there was 1 there

Oh yes
smiles.gif
Thats my main one, its right by my work. It's tucked away in a tiny street called Foubert's Place. God forbid that ever closed, I'd be screwed! I'd just be left with Selfridges
ssad.gif

tigerli17

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocolette
What do people think of the brighton store? im going there soon!

I really liked it in there, it was quite busy when I went and its down in those lil backstreets so you can barely find your way back there coz theres so many streets! The MUA seemed really nice but they were all too busy to attend to me properly so I just bought me sharkskin shadestick and left. Totally plan on returning though when I go back
smiles.gif

Ang9000

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerli17
Oh yes
smiles.gif
Thats my main one, its right by my work. It's tucked away in a tiny street called Foubert's Place. God forbid that ever closed, I'd be screwed! I'd just be left with Selfridges
ssad.gif

Oooh, thanks! I'll have to check it out next time! Do they take the pro discount card?

trollydolly

i shop at the counter at williams and griffin in colchester, essex. its only been open since last summer and tbh it can be a bit hit and miss. some of the ma's r lovely and some of the are horrible. ive had some quite bad experiences there. but theres no other mac stores near me :-(

tigerli17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ang9000
Oooh, thanks! I'll have to check it out next time! Do they take the pro discount card?

They're the Pro store for London so I damn hope so
tong.gif
I haven't got a Pro card so I can't say I've used one myself in there but I'm 99% sure they do.

User49

If anyone is near Norwich you can come and see me
smiles.gif
I'm nice and friendly lol
th_thstars.gif
and my colleagues are too x

trollydolly

Quote:
Originally Posted by glitternmyveins
smiles.gif
th_thstars.gif

i didnt realise there was a mac store in norwich!

trollydolly

Quote:
Yep
smiles.gif
It's in Jarrolds! It's been there for three years x

a few of my friends are at uea uni and i go up there quite often for nights out, il get them to take me there next time im in norwich!

browneyedbaby

Quote:
smiles.gif
th_thstars.gif

I've only been once but I was really impressed with the your counter!
thmbup.gif

QueenEmB

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCBean
I'm in Bristol, and go to the MAC counter in Debenhams in Broadmead-the girls there are wonderful-sooo helpful, there's one particular girl who's make up always looks amazing and she gives great advice. Must find out her name!

YAY me too!

my favourite girl in there is quite petite and has dark hair - i want to get a makeover with her. she recognises me now because i go so often!

i also use harvey nicks in london when i'm there and the SAs are really nice plus you can buy palettes and refills there. MUCH better than selfridges.

vocaltest

Opening this thread again!
I have a new favourite store... BRIGHTON! The girl who served me (her name was Claire) was SO SO SO lovely! I only went into buy a paintpot and one eyeshadow but I ended up spending £60 oops! She helped me out so much, offered to try the shadows on me that I was interested in etc, nicest MUA I've experienced in ages. AND its freestanding so no more depotting
winks.gif
. I go to Brighton every couple of weeks or so because my bf lives near there, but I only usually pop into browse, but when I actually needed help I didn't realise they were so nice in there! Next time I won't take my boyfriend though because he was so bored, I'll send him off to Offspring or Size to entertain himself haha. I usually go to Canterbury as thats closest to me/I'm at uni there but they aren't particularly helpful there, or I'll go to Bluewater. They're usually fairly helpful there!

Latest posts