UKers... where do you go to buy your mac?

txt_eva

there's a counter in Plymouth- my home town, its just opened and is all shiny! one of the ladies is lovely and the others are.. well not.

gravity

Kingston is my local counter... Most of the MAs I've met there treated me really nicely but I've never seen the same face twice! Do counters have a high staff turnover or am I just catching different shifts each time?

nikkij

I either go to Browns in Chester as we have relatives over there or to the MAC shop in Nottingham. I have found the shop in Nottingham especially good as I was there in male mode and the MA had no problem trying different shades of foundation on me in the shop. Still it does help having such a pro Trans policy as they have.

m4dswine

I go to Plymouth most of the time. Its ok, Chloe is a darling, thats who i normally deal with.

I like Bristol for their efficiency and not feeling the need to hassle me all the time. Last time I was served there by a really lovely lady who was rushed off her feet but she was smiley and really sweet.

Had mixed response at the Pro Store, first time I went the MAs were really nice and helpful, the second time not so... but it was different MAs.

I love the MAs in Bath, particularly Mikey, he's lovely and I know so many people who think he's the bees knees. In fact, i would be going to Bath on Friday for a spend if I didn't need to go to Zara.

crazyinlove

Newbie here
wavey.gif
Only just found this section!

I prefer to go to the MAC Birmingham store but go to the Selfridges branch if i'm i a rush. The girls in the shop are so lovely and helpful
smiles.gif

silencemylips

Quote:
Originally Posted by as_cute_as_pie
ive been past and in the counter in the metro centre a couple of times and didnt get a very good vibe from it not sure why just didnt seem to mesh well with the ma's
last time i went in i stood next the shadows with a bit of paper in my hand (ok it was a cv but could of easily been a list for make up lol) and she walked straight past me even thought i was like oh ermm to this more older lady standing next to the glosses
never mind
smiles.gif

I know what you mean. The counter in HoF is where I buy most of my stuff, but you do get a snobbish so to speak vibe off some of the MAs. But I can only say I've only waited a long time to be served once or twice when it's been really busy, but then again they probably recognise me from going there all the time or them coming into where I work (s'bux).

I've only been to the Fenwicks counter a couple of times, but they do seem like a more approachable bunch =)

xvanityxwhorex

my nearest stores are in sheffield (meadowhall), and nottingham

the MA's are lovely at both the sheffield counter and the nottingham store!
smiles.gif

Kisbee

I've got Edinburgh Harvey Nicks and Glasgow in HoF, but so far I've preferred Glasgow (altho it may have just been that I bought a great colour there, so I got better vibes)..

as_cute_as_pie

Quote:
Originally Posted by silencemylips
I know what you mean. The counter in HoF is where I buy most of my stuff, but you do get a snobbish so to speak vibe off some of the MAs. But I can only say I've only waited a long time to be served once or twice when it's been really busy, but then again they probably recognise me from going there all the time or them coming into where I work (s'bux).

I've only been to the Fenwicks counter a couple of times, but they do seem like a more approachable bunch =)

i love starbucks
thmbup.gif

Chic 2k6

Quote:
Originally Posted by m4dswine
I go to Plymouth most of the time. Its ok, Chloe is a darling, thats who i normally deal with.

omg! past several times i've been there, Chloe always served me, she even tells the MAs that im her customer lol. She's lovely lass
cheerleader.gif

I go to Plymouth MAC in Dingles occasionally,

I usually like going to MAC freestanding in Birmingham when I go up there, i like to have more choices and i want the pro stuff
eyelove.gif

amy_forster

Quote:
Originally Posted by xvanityxwhorex
my nearest stores are in sheffield (meadowhall), and nottingham

the MA's are lovely at both the sheffield counter and the nottingham store!
smiles.gif

How spooky is that! They're my closest two as well!

xvanityxwhorex

Quote:
Originally Posted by amy_forster
How spooky is that! They're my closest two as well!

ooh thats cool! where abouts do you live?
smiles.gif

silencemylips

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss_amy
I usually go to the counter in HoF, and they are very helpful and will spend time with me until I get what I am looking for. That said, I've never been in and not bought anything so that could be why!

However - the BEST MAC counter in Scotland is definitely the one in Harvey Nichols. Best. Ever.

I popped into the one in Harvey Nichols at New year to check out Danse, and the MA was lovely!! I didn't get her name, but she was so friendly and fantastic help

Quote:
i love starbucks

it's an evil place to work though!!

as_cute_as_pie

pffft try working where i do lol
i went into hof to get a new studio tech and the ma was really nice
smiles.gif
i may change my views lol

as_cute_as_pie

Quote:
Originally Posted by silencemylips
I popped into the one in Harvey Nichols at New year to check out Danse, and the MA was lovely!! I didn't get her name, but she was so friendly and fantastic help

it's an evil place to work though!!

i wrote my answer above for some reason lol

silencemylips

Quote:
pffft try working where i do lol
i went into hof to get a new studio tech and the ma was really nice
smiles.gif
i may change my views lol

heh, did she look like Cherl Tweedy at all? I think she's called Rene, and she's so lovely each time I see her.

I recognise you from you av. don't know where from though, or it could just be my mind going loopy. lol

I usually go the pro store in Soho, in fact I went today to get some goodies!! I haven't tried the one in covent garden or the one in kensington but I think I will check them out.
The pro store is ok although they have been out of quite a few things lately! some of the MA's are a bit rude tho, I mean I am not easily intimidated I am 6' 2" with multicolored dreads so you kinda can;t miss me yet today they still stood about chatting whilst I was stood there like a lemon! ALthough the guy that works in there is super friendly and 2 of the girls I have dealt with are really nice, so now I try to get one of them so that I know a nice person is getting the sales commission or whatever!

Silent

Quote:
heh i know who u mean since i work in fenwicks
tong.gif
shes nice
theres a few i like there actually the manager is very nice
smiles.gif

Yup, I got served by the manager the other day, and we had a nice natter about the upcoming collections, she was really lovely.

I nabbed the last lightscapade in the shop too, after promising myself I wouldn't be suckered in.