UKers... where do you go to buy your mac?

Fizzymartini

Going back to your very first post, cutandrun:
Quote:
Originally Posted by cutandrun
I live near Brent Cross but I find that the service is really not that great, sometimes the SAs are kinda rude too.

I went to your local Brent Cross today and had a strange reception from the MAs. The first one I approached was very iffy... she seemed extremely unhappy to help me at all. I was asking for recommendations to match something (which I took with me); she just sneered, and pointed half-assed at the colour I was holding, and said "that looks ok" and walked off to chat to someone else. I was pretty put off by her, but I needed an e/s, so I approached someone else.

The new MA appeared reluctant at first, but I think she realised I was serious about buying, so she warmed up and helped me choose and put on shadows. She was really lovely, and really redeemed my visit to the counter. I get the feeling that the other MAs were bullying her a bit though... one asked her to take over with her customer, but she was like "no, wait, I'm helping someone!" I ended up getting a nice haul from her, which made me a very happy bunny at the end!
greengrin.gif

The one downer is that first MA... my mum (who came with me) said she kept looking me up and down, and sneaking sneering looks my way when I was getting my makeup done, and that my mum wanted to hit her. I have no idea what her problem was, but she made me feel very self-conscious
ssad.gif

dollbabybex

im from Cardiff, but ive lived in London,and still go there often.

i personally find the Mac on Carnaby street really helpful and excellent.

some staff can be a bit rude, but theres a guy who works there who me and my friend love, he gets really excited about makeup and suggests loads of amazing colour schemes (in a non selling way,if u know what i mean)

theres also an older blonde women, whos great too (sorry i dont know names)

xx

sorry forgot to say, the city store is really great too, i agree.
and never very busy so they have more time for you if you need it.

also my friend had her makeup dont there for no charge,and the women seemed really happy to try out stuff on her xx

pr1nces583

i usually go to harvey nics in leeds and theres a great MA there, but i dont know her name.

im off to london soon, so excited bout going to the pro store! im holding off buying any mac till then so i can buy all the eyeshadows i want in the cheaper pan forms
smiles.gif

The Nottingham store is probably my favourite, the first time I went there I bought a quad and one of the MA's spent about an hour helping me choose which 4 shadows to fill it with - doing loads of colour combinations etc!

I went to the Selfridges counter last week and it wasn't busy (even though it was lunchtime and the Easter holidays) and the MA's were lovely, I was surprised because I've always found them a bit unhelpful in the past, but the girl who helped me was really good
smiles.gif

I go to the covent garden store or Bluewater when I have a choice but now the online shopping is working in the UK I go to any counter, have a play with the things I'm thinking about buying and if the MA is rude/unhelpful, I go home and order it online!

as_cute_as_pie

selfridges in manchester (trafford one) wasnt too keen on them they seemed a bit bored and couldnt be bothered well one male ma was. on the upside they had a huuuuge counter
smiles.gif

pr1nces583

im giving meadowhall in sheffield another try today. ill post how it went! last time it wasnt the best experience but we'll see
smiles.gif

pr1nces583

well, im back from meadowhall! before reading my account you should know that the counter was vvv busy and i did see another customer getting great help from an MA, she even got samples of strobe cream and face scrub stuff.

anyway, i had a browse round, knew pretty much what i wanted. swatched some eyeshadows on my hand and settled on star violet and swish (v pretty together), also picked out blacktrack and sweet sage fluidlines. anyway, at this point id been there bout 5-10 mins and still not been approached, so i had to go to the till and pester the MA who was busy sorting brushes it looked like. he was nice and got me all my stuff, so i guess my only complaint this time was the lack of attention.

poddygirl

I'm surprised I haven't seen a post on this yet but I recceived an email from MAC today announcing that the UK site is open and ready for business! Good news for those in the UK with little or no access to MAC counters/stores or those near ones with crappy service!

I've moved back to the US now but I would certainly have been hitting this site hard if I still lived in the UK. Classic it opened after I moved, but hey ...

poddygirl

I know the UK site has been up for awhile but thought the fact that the online ordering was now available was new. Has anyone tried it out yet?

pr1nces583

Quote:
Originally Posted by poddygirl
I'm surprised I haven't seen a post on this yet but I recceived an email from MAC today announcing that the UK site is open and ready for business! Good news for those in the UK with little or no access to MAC counters/stores or those near ones with crappy service!

I've moved back to the US now but I would certainly have been hitting this site hard if I still lived in the UK. Classic it opened after I moved, but hey ...

i got a postcard about it
smiles.gif

neeshie

I like the one at brent cross! Having said that there's only 1 MA that I like - her name is Nicola and she's very nice...and now she recognises me whenever I go in its even better.
I also like the covent gdn one, the kensington one and the harvey nicks one, but the brent cross one is the easiest to park at

xSazx

I go to the store in Cardiff & sometimes the counter in debenhams Cardiff too. Theres a reallllly nice blonde MA at the store, I've only seen her once though, but she was so friendly taking her time to show me how to apply fluidline & then helping me pick out some new eyeshadows. Another MA there was really snotty when I went in with my friend though, but when I went in with my mum she was really friendly, maybe she was just having a bad day or thought I wouldnt buy anything or something, idk.

Leanne

I go to the MAC counter at Browns in Chester.
It's great in there, the assistants are so helpful & friendly.

Estellea

I go to my local counter in Norwich. I remember looking at MAC and asking them to set one up in Norwich (this was ages ago) so I laugh and say that it's because of me we've got on here, though I know it's not. Pleased I've got one so near - though my bank balance isn't!

jaimegirl

I go to the counter in House of Fraser Croydon. I must admit to feeling a bit intimidated the first few rimes I went but I found a lovely MA today. She was really helpful and didn't mind at all that I collared her before the till was even open! I will always look for her now.

Lalli

I got to Selfridges and a Harvey Nichols and theres a mac store in bham city centre, when im in Leicester for uni i got to Debenhams.

MAC heaven hehe

Incus

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiff
When you say Mac in the city, which one is that as I dont know London all that well?

it's by bank station, house of frasier there.

Latest posts