UKers... where do you go to buy your mac?

Turbokittykat

Directions to the Pro Store: From Oxford Circus tube, walk down Regent Street until you reach the corner of Liberty. Turn left and walk along Gt. Marlborough Street (I think), for a little way, past the zebra crossing, until you get to an opened out area on your right, which leads into the top end of Carnaby Street. Turn right, walking past the end of Liberty, until you get to the first road on the left. This is right by the overhead sign that says Carnaby Street and is called Foubert's Place; it's the little road shown in the photo. The Pro store is at the end of the block on the right. You should be able to see the sign from the Carnaby Street end of the road.

I've been to the London Pro store a zillion times, so please let me know if you have any more questions, or if anything I've said isn't clear.

tiff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimptress
mac.jpg

it was SO glorious (and so cute on those little cute cobblestone london streets!) that I just *had* to take a picture!!!!! out of a group of 65 of us americans, i was the only one who wanted to go and i figured out my own way there and made a whole daytrip of it.

Good for you!
smiles.gif

Anyone know anything about Macs in the South West, we only have one in Debenhams in Bristol and one in Jollys in Bath, dont know of any others.

cloverette

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutandrun
Tomorrow I am going to go to various MAC stores and will post comments on my experience, lol.

oh, please do! and let us know
smiles.gif

cutandrun

cloverette, are all the MAs at the kensington branch in general nice, or only a few? And what number bus do you take to get to the king's road one? Haha I think I'm going to be visiting about 5 different MAC stores/counters in one day, as well as going to selfridges maybe
greengrin.gif

cloverette

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutandrun
cloverette, are all the MAs at the kensington branch in general nice, or only a few? And what number bus do you take to get to the king's road one? Haha I think I'm going to be visiting about 5 different MAC stores/counters in one day, as well as going to selfridges maybe
greengrin.gif

hm, only been to the kensington one once, but i really liked it. the MA who was helping me was very nice. i have a feeling all the MAs there are nice & helpful, because the store is quite empty.

the king's road one...
lol.gif
... well, i walk from the station to sloane square and get a bus from there. i forgot the bus numbers, but i always look at the bus plan: take a bus that goes down king's road. i think only 2 of the buses turn into another street. when you see Marks & Spencers to your left, get off the bus, as the MAC store is just a few metres away from it.

i can't believe you're thinking of going to the MAC counter in selfridges when you're going to experience the other (better) MAC counters/stores. do you really want to do that to yourself?

cutandrun

oh no, i wasn't gonna go to the mac in selfridges, i was gonna check out this eyebrow threading thing they have, cos i really need to get my brows done! no way am i gonna go there for mac, especially as the kensington/king's road ones sound a lot better
winks.gif

I would NEVER subject myself to the torture of horrible MAs lol
greengrin.gif

cloverette

*phew*
rofl.gif

now i need to learn to distance myself from MAC in selfridges, too, even if it's the closest one to my workplace
ssad.gif

but i'd rather spend my money in a store which deserves it... so: no more MAC for me during the week!

poddygirl

cutandrun - the Blink Bar at Selfridges is fab! I had my brows threaded there last month and they still look amazing (there is a thread about threading
th_confused_new.gif
in the Skin & Bodycare section if you want to check it out).

They are located behind the beauty hall in the apothecary section across from the candy!

Have fun and let us know how you do!

cutandrun

Thanks so much for telling me that, now I know where to go! It's so cool you've done it, and that you really love it, I'm SO excited now!!! My brows are getting on my nerves, finally going to do something about them! Will post a thread when I come back with the feedback on MAC stores. Going to go out in about 2 hours time, will go to selfridges first for the brows, then kensington, kings road, pro store, and if I have time the one at bank? I think my journey today is gonna be well worth the 4.90 underground travel card
greengrin.gif

as_cute_as_pie

always go to fenwicks up north never been anywhere in london except one make up artist always tells me she likes my top/bag/earrings etc hah clever sales technique
rofl.gif

ilexica

I used to live in London, and I have to say I had the most luck with the King's road store. While I love the pro store for stock (and I still pay frequent visits to it) I found some of the MAs a bit unhelpful. Nowadays I live in Birmingham...The Cannon street store is one of the friendliest I've found.
smiles.gif

caffn8me

I normally go to the Pro store because it stocks a lot of stuff I need that the other stores don't. I've never had any problems in there and have always found the staff to be very helpful. I also like the High Street Kensington store and the King's Road store. I used to go to Selfridges when I had an office close enough to see it out of my window but won't go there now as my M·A·C Pro discount can't be used there.

princessOfpOi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah
Personally my favourite is house of fraser counter at bluewater, a couple of the MA's aint over friendly but there are some really nice ones, its a pretty small counter but IMO one of the best ones i've been to for service/friendlyness

I live near Bluewater so I go often, but it always seems to to me the staff turnover there is quite high,there only seems to be one or two people who are permanant fixtures there..But I agree on all counts about how helpful they are,especially when I took my mum for the first time and she spent nearly an hour agonising which lipstick to buy...She ended up with Pervette..Is Carly the lady with long dark hair?

Sarah

Yeah I agree about the staff turnover in there, which is a bit annoying as just when I got to know a MA in there who I felt really understood the type/colour products I liked was so helpful etc all the things you want/need from a MA she disapeared, well at least I havent seen her in there since about last september. But thankfully Carly (yep the one with dark hair) is there now (at least I'm pretty sure thats her name haha I hope so) she's so lovely and helpful, enthusiastic etc I really hope she doesn't leave, as Iam not really keen on the couple of asain ladies that work there, they are nice enough but to me it comes across as if it is just a job to them. Theres also another blonde lady that works there whos really nice too. And AGES ago there was a man that worked there who was also super nice, a bit of advice to that counter stop changing the staff all the time
ssad.gif

Winkcat

I agree with Ilexica's opinion on the Birmingham store - very tolerant when my 3 and 7 year olds were rolling round on the floor and applying their own lipsticks!! Friendly but not too pushy.

princessOfpOi

Even so,she is by far the nicest and most helpful.I'm not to keen on the asian ladies either, I get the same feeling too.I really dont like the staff turnover at all, and very few of the people there seem to make much of an effort with their makeup and that bothers me a fair bit..

Henna_Spirit

The nearest counter to me is in kingston there is one MA thats vry nice.She hlped me alot when i got really picky about foundations. There is one asian lady there that always got really nice eye makeup, but she sorts of has a low patience level when you ask her questions lol
dont really liket he city counters, way to busy and to much of a trek for me. I've only been to the pro store once and one of the MAs was a bit of a bad mood. But hey, aren't we all sometimes? lol

Incus

The first time I ever went to MAC it was at Selfridges. I didnt really like my experience there to be totally honest. I dont know, it was WAY too busy and over crouded. When it comes to makeup and stuff, I prefer it to be a little quieter... just cos I get all self conscious and stuff...

Then I realised that the MAC counter in the city is like 10mins away from me, so I always go there. The staff are REALLY friendly and helpful. I get on with most of them which is really nice. Plus the fact that there arent THAT many people there, makes me feel more confortable, plus they have more time on their hands so they can do your makeup without rushing, and you can ask questions without feeling stupid. I think that's really important when it comes to MA and makeup in general.

I took my friend down to the covent garden store... it seemed ok there too. But I prefer the city one by far.

Just thought I'd share that...
smiles.gif

tiff

When you say Mac in the city, which one is that as I dont know London all that well?

Latest posts