UKers... where do you go to buy your mac?

burnthemaps

I go to the one in Debenhams, Belfast; sometimes they're friendly but usually I feel like I'm bothering them if I ask questions.

Ranjana

I like the Covent Gardens Store - the assistants there are really friendly and helpful. A few at the Soho Store are also really nice.

Brent Cross is my local too, and the MA's are quite helpful too, but they tend to be quite busy everytime I'm there.

mrsvandertramp

A good place in the West Midlands is the Beatties in Wolverhampton, they never seem to sell out of the LE stuff that fast because everyone tends to go to the MAC store in Birmingham

sel00187

ooo i wonder if they have any of the A Muse collection left? *doubtful*

i got to the MAC counter in selfridges, i dont go to the actual store or the one in Harvey Nicks, i seem to have got to know the girls, what theyre like etc, and who can help me the most
smiles.gif

mrsvandertramp

Quote:
Originally Posted by sel00187
ooo i wonder if they have any of the A Muse collection left? *doubtful*

i got to the MAC counter in selfridges, i dont go to the actual store or the one in Harvey Nicks, i seem to have got to know the girls, what theyre like etc, and who can help me the most
smiles.gif

I'd say there's a good chance there is, when I went to get my A Muse stuff there was still a fair bit of Lure

Lalli

^^i might just phone them up and ask coz i really want a few things.. Harvey Nichols had loads of Lure items left over aswell and they even had some sundressing stuff inc softwash grey and gold dusk

mrsvandertramp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalli
^^i might just phone them up and ask coz i really want a few things.. Harvey Nichols had loads of Lure items left over aswell and they even had some sundressing stuff inc softwash grey and gold dusk

Is that in the Mailbox?
I might have to have a look

cloverette

went to london's selfridges yesterday. didn't see anything left from A MUSE except for 1 l/g & 1 l/s on display- don't know which ones though, as i wasn't paying attention to A MUSE.

Lalli

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsvandertramp
Is that in the Mailbox?
I might have to have a look

yup in the mailbox

debsjc

Quite often I ask my friend in New York to pick things up for me, but when I buy in the Uk my local MAC is in House of Fraser in Reading.
The MA's there I have spoken to have all been really helpful.

xdaniellex

ive been to the one in selfridges in oxford street, mac pro shop & the MAC shop in covent garden.. I prefer the covent garden one though.

txt_eva

theres a MAC counter just opened up in Plymouth (down in SW Devon) and the SA is so so nice!

Unlike all of the London ones I met (mind you the Nice & Cannes ones weren't much better)

madkitty

Debenhams in Mk but Im looking forward to a trip to brighton on fri - someone warned me of a MAC shop there AAHHHHHHHHHHHH

sophette

I usually just go to London to get mine [I'm like 50 mins away on a train - Cambridge] as I go down there quite often it's all good. Whenever I'm at an airport where they sell MAC, I'll get some then. But I usually get my biggest hauls while in America as I go every year so I stock up.

Silent

There's only one anywhere near me, and that Fenwicks in Newcastle. It's part of a huge cosmetics hall (they claim its the biggest outside London, I don't know how true this is) and while a lot of the SA's on the HE counters are rather snobbish older ladies there is a really lovely girl at MAC. She has bright pink hair and fantastic uberbright make up, very well done (the only girl I've ever seen look good in chrome yellow!). I've only ever been served by her, I think the other SA's deliberately leave me to her, since I've got crazy coloured hair too and they probably think I'll spend more with her. They're probably right actually.
winks.gif

lovemetodeath

I have only been to the one in metro centre in Gateshead and i felt a bit rushed by the MA although she did help me choose some e/s. It probably doesn't help though that i usually have my kids who are 4 and 2 with me and aren't the most patient.

I actually live in Scotland but haven't been to the ones in Glasgow or Edinburgh yet, but we often go down to England to see my family and i have to have a few hours at the metro centre on the way down

miss_amy

I usually go to the counter in HoF, and they are very helpful and will spend time with me until I get what I am looking for. That said, I've never been in and not bought anything so that could be why!

However - the BEST MAC counter in Scotland is definitely the one in Harvey Nichols. Best. Ever.

as_cute_as_pie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent
There's only one anywhere near me, and that Fenwicks in Newcastle. It's part of a huge cosmetics hall (they claim its the biggest outside London, I don't know how true this is) and while a lot of the SA's on the HE counters are rather snobbish older ladies there is a really lovely girl at MAC. She has bright pink hair and fantastic uberbright make up, very well done (the only girl I've ever seen look good in chrome yellow!). I've only ever been served by her, I think the other SA's deliberately leave me to her, since I've got crazy coloured hair too and they probably think I'll spend more with her. They're probably right actually.
winks.gif

heh i know who u mean since i work in fenwicks
tong.gif
shes nice
theres a few i like there actually the manager is very nice
smiles.gif

as_cute_as_pie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovemetodeath
I have only been to the one in metro centre in Gateshead and i felt a bit rushed by the MA although she did help me choose some e/s. It probably doesn't help though that i usually have my kids who are 4 and 2 with me and aren't the most patient.

I actually live in Scotland but haven't been to the ones in Glasgow or Edinburgh yet, but we often go down to England to see my family and i have to have a few hours at the metro centre on the way down

ive been past and in the counter in the metro centre a couple of times and didnt get a very good vibe from it not sure why just didnt seem to mesh well with the ma's
last time i went in i stood next the shadows with a bit of paper in my hand (ok it was a cv but could of easily been a list for make up lol) and she walked straight past me even thought i was like oh ermm to this more older lady standing next to the glosses
never mind
smiles.gif