Under-eye circles - discussion & suggestions

clarecat

i work at macy's and a couple of men i work with have had success with Hylexin. I have never had a return on one either. There is a 100% money back guarantee for it, so there's no harm in trying it.

more_please

I've heard Hylexin is a waste of $$. The MUA ladies recommend Reviva DMAE firming eye serum (about $17), which I'm trying. No results yet, but its only been two weeks :p

mspixieears

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairladyZ
Have him use an eye cream/gel containing Vitamin K as it will decrease the flow of blood to the area. Vitamin C serums work as well, though not as effective as using Vitamin K. HTH!

I've been using samples of a serum with a lot of Vitamin C in it, and I have to say it really does wonders brightening up the undereye area, and mine used to be pretty bad.

Sushi_Flower

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairladyZ
Have him use an eye cream/gel containing Vitamin K as it will decrease the flow of blood to the area. Vitamin C serums work as well, though not as effective as using Vitamin K. HTH!

Can you name some products available in UK stores that are like that i.e. contain enough Vitamin K or Vitamin C to make a difference. I've seen Vitamin C products eg. In Body Shop but never Vitamin K products.

HOTasFCUK

Hardcore Dark Circles!!!!!!

Hey everyone i know there must be a million topics on dark circles but mine are bad!!!!! Make-up doesn't do it anymore and i used to use a cream by St.Ives and i think they stopped making it. I would like a really powerul product and i don't mind spending the money but i want to make sure it will be effect. I know Clinique, Benefit, Elizabeth Arden all make them but i was wondering if anyone has the same problem as me and what you have done! There is even one i've seen in magazines called Hylexin or something and that goes for $100 USD! I want to spend around $30 or so but at this point i'm desparate!
ssad.gif

Shawna

If you have genetic dark circles like I do, there isn't much you can do about them except conceal. I know from other threads here that people say not to even waste our money on hylexin. I have tried just about every dark circle cream out there (not hylexin) and none have ever worked. The only thing that made mine slightly less noticable was taking an iron supplement. I have also heard that having plastic surgery and having fat injected under the eyes reduces the circles, but I don't know if I'd want to go through with that. If you find a magic potion, or someone knows about one, I'd sure love to hear about it too. In the meantime, it's tubs of concealer for me
winks.gif

Sushi_Flower

I have hardcore dark circles too! And please please do not waste your money on creams by commercial brands like EA and Clinique if you are getting them purely to fade your dark circles because they do not work!
I haven't found anything that works either but the only concealer that keeps me happy is MAC Select Cover Up and not overdoing with eyeliner as that emphasises them much more.

I wish i could find a miracle cure, they really affect me and if they were gone it would change my life. For one thing i could go without makeup, but because i have to wear concealer, i have to end up wearing foundation etc aswell as to finsih my face off and it just looks strange having concealer only under my eyes.

I have had iron problems in the past too and thought i was much better but i guess i could always do with topping up my iron. I can't swallow any type of pills, so is there any kind of supplements, healthy snack foods etc that would help top up my iron intake?

more_please

^^ Agree with the above. The concensus on MUA is that DMAE may help lighten undereye circles (you can search on the boards there for these discussions), as proven by some medical studies. I started using Revivia DMAE eye serum ($20) and I think mine are lightening up a bit. It smoothes out the undereye area, so its easier to blend concealer. hth!

HOTasFCUK

Thanks everyone....i'll try to boost my iron intake as well lol. I can't swallow pills either but i know there are a lot of foods rich in iron.

Jude

I tried out some samples that I got from Nordstroms for a concealer called Cover FX. This stuff is hardcore... it was designed by dermatologists to help people with burn scars, rosacea, acne scarring and other skin discolorations.

The best thing about this product is that when used with the setting powder, it literally lasted all day without settling into the little lines under my eyes.

Here are a few things to take note when it comes to Cover FX:

A good match is key. There is very little oops room with this product so if you can't get to a Nordstroms, you can call them and the artist at the Cover FX counter will help you figure out your range of colors and send you a few samples within that range to test out. Nordstroms counters do mail order which is a great option for people who don't live in close proximity to the store.

You have to apply it with a concealer brush. It was kind of rubbery when I tried to put it on with my finger or sponge but it melded perfectly when I busted out the brush.

It is a little pricey. I paid $35.00 for this after using up my sample but to me, it is well worth it.

I hope that helps!

asteffey

i use hyxlexin and it works. i find that washing your face with warm water and then following the rinse with a good long splash of freezing water really brightens your skin. ice cubes are good too under the eyes.

Shawna

A couple of things
smiles.gif
First off, my mom uses Cover FX (canadian girls can get it from Shoppers Drug Mart for $37) and when she uses it, she looks like a supermodel. Her face is literally flawless. She swears by the stuff. I haven't actually tried it because it is a thick cream and I am scared that it will be really heavy on my skin. My mom says she doesn't even know she's wearing it. Oh, her dark circles (half of where mine came from) are completely gone. She looks at least 15 years younger than what she is.

As for the iron supplements, I take Floradix which is an herbal tonic type thing. I can't take vitamins in pill form because I am alllergic to the preservatives in them. Floradix needs to go in your fridge and is preservative free. It is expensive, but I need it, so I just pay the $$ for it. There are lots of foods rich in iron too. Spinach is one, and liver is another. I think if you searched the web a bit you'd find lots of food with iron in it. There are also lots of herbs that are rich in iron. I think horsetail is one of them(not positive) You can buy it at health food stores and brew it as a tea. Sorry for the long-winded answer. HTH
smiles.gif

d_flawless

i agree with jude, your best bet is to try something that's made to cover SERIOUS suff, like birthmarks, scars, etc...i don't know of any brands or anything, but i know that's what my mom uses when she wants her circles to disappear (we're sicilian, and we got them too!), and it works well.
cream-based products will ALWAYS provide more coverage too, just to keep in mind

Sushi_Flower

I would love Cover FX or any other replicas of it but i don't think it's sold in UK or not as widely as far as i know? And i don't do online shopping, mail ordering etc etc for now..

I've looked for Dermeblend before but was told it would be a huge mistake undereyes.

pugpug

i use reviva dmae serum, and it helps a little bit. not a whole lot, but the difference is noticeable. i also find avon's lighten up plus helpflu as well.

shimmereyes

Another good cover up is Christy Keromask cream. I too have dark circles and they are heriditary so this is a godsend to me. One tube has lated me almost two years now! I then set it with Amazing cosmetics powder and this stuff is awesome

solardame

Colorescience My Favorite Eyes Cream Wand, I believe it sells at around $15 for .13 oz. "Moisturizes the skin around eyes, Beta Carotene covers dark circles, Vitamin K catches dark circles before they start" - their claim.

I haven't tried it yet, but I love their foundation so this will be my next purchase from them.

Sushi_Flower

I read this on another forum

Apprantly mixing gelatine powder with boiling water and then applying under eye (after it's cooled) helps as it is pure vitamin k or has a high content of it.

I haven't tried it but if anyone who has really bad circles that are permenant tries it then please let me know how it goes.