Ungrateful people...

ashleyisawesome

My 15 yr old cousin asked me to come over and do her hair/makeup for the Christmas Ball at her high school. I, of course, said yes. Now, first, I have to tell you that she's the "typical high school girl" (search youtube: TMDo4JfNkI). I don't know if there is ever an instance where her eyeliner isn't smudged all over her face and her eyelashes don't look like spiders. So, I decided to do a very classy Marilyn Monroe inspired look on her to show her that heavy eyeliner and smokey eyes aren't her only option. Of course, she made me let her put her mascara on (which took a good 20 mins), that was our deal. (I wasn't about to do that to her face). When I was done, she looked gorgeous. So then she starts looking at herself, "My eyes look weird. I don't like it. I have like no eyeliner on. They look too bright. What the fuck? It's sooo ugly. I'm about to put some fucking eyeliner on." I almost punched her in the face. I said "NO! You are NOT going to put eyeliner on! It looks great. You're the most ungrateful child I know. You need to start learning how to respect people. People go out of their way to help you, and all you do to repay them is to be disrespectful!" She started crying... So I ran in the bathroom, got tissue, and helped clean up her face. (I'm not sure why I'm so nice to people.) Then we got her ready (she went in the bathroom and darkened her eyeliner.. ugh.. it was just on the waterline, so that was better than it being all under her eyes like always), and I took pictures of her. Then she ran out of the house, left me there, didn't even say goodbye or thank you. I felt so unappreciated. I don't understand how some people can be so ungrateful
ssad.gif

Here's pictures that I took of her:

3088236423_bf974c3284.jpg

3088234489_e009a742f2.jpg

nunu

Aww you've done a great job, i like what you've done! You are soo nice to her!

Eughhh, kids these days.

blindpassion

If its any consultation, she looks beautiful, especially her skin and lips.

I'm so sorry she treated you that way. You don't deserve that. Its really sad that she was raised that way.

You're a sweet lady for doing that... really, you are.

TISH1124

She looks so pretty! You did a great job! But she would look perfect with or without makeup!! Teenagers...gotta love em ...Or NOT

ohnna-lee

This next generation is screwed I tell you... SCREWED!!!
th_devil.gif

They will see the error of their ways, when it is too late. Sad really.

I think it is sweet what you did but I wouldn't do it again.

coachkitten

I hope that one day she will look back on the pictures of herself and appreciate the great job that you did. I only wish that I would have had a cousin or older friend to help me with my makeup in high school. I would have really appreciated it and Lord knows I could have used some help!

Babylard

r u shitting me? I wish someone did my makeup in high school. i also lived on eyeliner and heavy mascara/fake lashes and minimal on the eyeshadow. i didnt really have any eyeshadows... but my eyeliner wasnt too different from what it is now =) so i guess thats a good thing. i didnt have mac back in those days

her make up is gorgeousa nd she looks beautiful wtf >_>
teens are indeed little cunts these days.... no offense lol

OfficerJenny

I have a friend just like that with the eyeliner thing

Whenever she needs to go to an event she calls me and is like CHAD DO MY MAKEUP 8D

and so I do looks on her that are pretty neutral cause she is scared of colour. They generally give her nice natural defined eyes. I finsh and she's like

WHERE IS MY EYELINER OMG MY EYES ARENT DARK ENOUGH
even though they look great and i tell her not to line them it will look shitty
Then I leave the room and i come back seeing her with a pencil against her lid

._.

chocolategoddes

i hate high school girls too. jk

well, what she did was really disrespectful and rude.. but some people are really self-concious about their looks and have a hard time going out of their comfort zone.
we look at her and see a gorgeous look, but she isn't used to seeing herself like this and then she has to go out like this in front of her friends... not knowing if they're going to think she looks great or horrible... it can be a bit nerve-wracking.
i'm sure she wasn't trying to be a bitch. it was just her reaction to a subtle change to her appearance.

I'm 15 too, and let me tell you, I would NEVER treat someone like that. I'm sorry you were disrespected like that. She looks lovely, though!

ashleyisawesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by OfficerJenny
I have a friend just like that with the eyeliner thing

Whenever she needs to go to an event she calls me and is like CHAD DO MY MAKEUP 8D

and so I do looks on her that are pretty neutral cause she is scared of colour. They generally give her nice natural defined eyes. I finsh and she's like

WHERE IS MY EYELINER OMG MY EYES ARENT DARK ENOUGH
even though they look great and i tell her not to line them it will look shitty
Then I leave the room and i come back seeing her with a pencil against her lid

._.

Ughhh alfhaflh. That's exactly what she was doing. She went to grab her eyeliner, and I just went apeshit on her lol. I guess some people just can't get it through their minds that more eyeliner is not the answer! :-/

TISH1124

^^^ Hey it took me years to wear lipstick without l/l...I still do for some shades...But I used to NEVER go without l/l...We just get set in our ways I guess...

juicygirl

i think the makeup looks gorgeous but as a fellow black eyeliner obsessed junkie, i can kind of understand where she's coming from. i once had my makeup done at a mac counter and everyone really liked how the ma did my makeup. but to me, i just didn't feel right until i put on more black eyeliner and winged it out. i am so obsessed with my black eyeliner that i NEVER use any other color, no matter what. even still, i would have still thanked you profusely for doing my makeup and spending all that time on me, esp since she approached YOU about doing her makeup not the other way around. so i am assuming she wanted a change of some sort. just my opinion =]. i always love the looks you do though! you are very talented.

AngelBunny

I would be willing to bet that she gets tons of compliments at the ball because she does look stunning and realizes that you are right. Hopefully she will then realize that she was ungrateful and apologize to you.

Did you inform her mother of her behavior? My dad raised me ... and he would have whooped my ass had I acted like that towards someone that was doing me a completely unselfish favor. Ugh!

purrtykitty

Well, in any event, you're a fantastic cousin, even if she is ungrateful. Hopefully someday she'll catch a clue and start being more considerate of others. I can't say that I was the most polite teenager, but somewhere along the way, I learned "please" and "thank you" and now my relatives compliment me on how nicely I turned out. Don't worry, not all is lost.

Mabelle

you know, i may be 23, but in reality it was THAT long ago that i was your cousins age, and i would NEVER do that. I mean, i was a snarkely little shit (still am) but even if i didnt like the job someone did, i would smile and thank them. Maybe when i left i would do some "fix-it's" but shesh!

The great thing is that with age comes respect (in most cases). I look back on some of the things i said and did when i was a kid and think "wow. why didnt anyone slap me". And then you're riddled with guilt.

I think you did a very nice job. I don't know whats with all these black eyeliner junkies. I have an emo cousin thats like that... i cant believe she doesnt realize it looks awful.

banjobama

My cousin is 18 and exactly the same. I cannot stand even to be around her, she's so clueless about how the world works and always acts like everyone exists on earth to help her. I would be so pissed if I helped her like that and she didn't even say thanks. Next time she asked for my help I'd turn her into a drag queen.

yodagirl

She looks so pretty! You did an awesome job on her make-up...even if she didn't think so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelBunny
Did you inform her mother of her behavior? My dad raised me ... and he would have whooped my ass had I acted like that towards someone that was doing me a completely unselfish favor. Ugh!

LOL...my mother would have done the exact same thing had I acted like that! I wouldn't have been able to sit for...oh, a week.

chaffsters33

Oh man....im 14 and even if I hate something that someones done for me I pretend that I love at least until I leave the room! And her eyes look gorgeous! If I were you I would have said something snarky like "Its not like you gave me all that much to work with bitch!" but I guess that just makes you a better person than I am! I congratulate you on not slapping straight across her face!

Latest posts