Untamed and Rockoco- Blah...

OnaFyre

I'm a bit dissapointed by the new collections. I was soooo excited and then Courage and Well-Plumed were such a huge dissapointment in person. I don't know how they got Courage to look that way on the model, but they must have put orange shadow under it, copper pigment with it, and then did a coat of gloss on top of it. The pinky mauve quad wasn't terribly exciting either. None of the lippies "tamed" my interest either.

And then Rockoco.... I was totally excited about the gold and red lip comobs -especially Elaborate- and they were both duds in person. And I knew Accent Red was close to Ruby Red before I got there. But Ostentaious? Is that supposed to be blue/brown pig or Club e/s in fluidline form but not as vibrant? I might get this, but otherwise I'm just not excited about either of these collections.

Am I missing something? Anyone else have similar reactions? Any women of color out there who found any of the products in these lines worth a shot?

ladybugz07

I felt the same way... I was really excited about the Take Wing quad, but the colors were way too similar to other colors. They reminded me of Taupeless (Lingerie), Cranberry, and Showstopper (Liza). The only original one was the grey and it wasn't too great anyways. The other quad didn't excite me very much either. My favorite thing from these collections was Overdone lipstick...

nat9891

Take Wing quad dissapointing?

I saw some swatches on MUA today (I'll try to post the link below) and it looked kind of blah and the pink looks orange instead of the beautiful cranberry in the pan! I really wanted to buy/like this quad since it would be my first one, but now I'm not sure about it.

http://www.makeupalley.com/board/m.a...42593940&ipn=1

I hope that works.

pugmommy7

Ona you have just made my day:dance: .
i am broke as a joke these days and amd so glad to hear that i am not missing anything.
esp the ostentatious, i use club as a liner with transformer all the time. now i don't even feel badly that i couldn't get that! and accent red is not thrilling either
smiles.gif

I am so glad I have my msf's to keep me warm
winks.gif

and I can stash away $ for winter/holiday stuff.
and if i must get the lippies i have b2m
smiles.gif

A good chance to give my collection some luuuuv.
thanks again!
edit:
well irl i love accent red- bought it and rockcoc lip and pure vanity glass. i LOVE IT!
but all in all it was a cheap day for me esp for two releases....thanks godess, b/c we are broooooke!

IcePrincess2250

The swatches there do look very blah, however I think the colours are much better in person. I would suggest you go into a store and check them out for yourself. The cranberry is really nice IMO...

mrstucker

Lovin the lippies

I guess I"m odd....I absolutely love the red and gold lipglasses! I'm thinking of getting backups of the gold one (elaborate?). As for the quads, the plum one's colours are definitely way too similar to what I already have, but I have to feed my quad addiction, so I bought it. Not sure if I like the other one yet, but I have that too. As for the pigment, the fluidline.....meh.

I do like the lipsticks though, but won't buy those unless I can get them on B2M.

Hopefully something more exciting is coming out for the holidays! I'm so tired of anything that has the word 'pearl', 'pearlized', or 'silver' in its description!

User67

I can't say that I was really looking forward to either collection. But, I always check out the new stuff anyway because sometimes things are so much prettier in person. But, I wasn't at all impressed. The only thing I bought was the Star powder, because I have been looking for something shimmery to highlight with. I used it today & haven't decided if I love it or not. The Take Wings quad did catch my eye, but most of the colors look exactly like shades I already own. The Ostentatious Fluidline was also pretty, but I could line my eyes with Blue Brown pigment or Club e/s & get the same effect. Oh well, I my wallet deserves a break anyway.

MissMisah

thats exactly how i felt too when i checked them out yesterday. but i ended up picking up...take wing? i KNOW im not gonna touch the one that looks like taupeless cuz its soo chunky. but i didnt have cranberry, so im all -- why not. but seriously -- less than impressive collections (thankfully!) haha

asnbrb

Thank you! I was thinking "Maybe I'm jaded or something..." cause nothing really caught my eye except for the red lipglass. Even the red lipstick (brain farting on the name) looked exactly like Culturebloom with no glitteriness. The quads were kinda "eh" and I'd pick my Club over a fluidline any time.

ssad.gif

Jaim

I think this is the first collection I've passed on entirely in a long time! Yikes!

ledonatella

Agreed, go check it out anyway. I have been wearing it all week and love it. The rose color looks kinda like Cranberry in the pan, but one it's not at all, it's much pinker. I said b-4 it actually looks like Pinked Mauve pigment on. The grey looks blah too, but on & blended into the rose it's very nice. I'm surprised how much I like that one.

I'm not impressed either. I'd really like to see something more along the lines of neutral/honey/green coloured quads! Personally, blue (from one of the new quads) and red (from the Rockcocco) colours are just not attractive, in my opinion. *shrugs*

d_flawless

nocturnelle hopefully isn't as disappointing for me (i didn't get anything from either collection), since i'm saving some serious cash down for this one.

Chloe2277

I guess I am the minority here I loved both collections although I have to say I wasn't too impressed when I first saw everything but I had an appt. with my fave MA and thought I would just give it a try and WOW the take wing quad looked amazing on and the accent red pig. is really pretty mixed with clear lipgloss so of course I bought more than I planned! You can never have too much makeup (MAC) right??

misslilith

I got both untamed quads today and I really like them. The Take Wing Palette is just perfect for everyday use and the colours work together. Bravado is sooo pretty.
The well plumed quad is not so special to me because I never wear blue.
The Courage Shade is gorgeous but not easy to apply. I love the metallic shimmer.

sexypuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnaFyre
Am I missing something? Anyone else have similar reactions? Any women of color out there who found any of the products in these lines worth a shot?

well, i am nc45 and i really liked the pure vanity and boldheart lipglosses. I was planning to give rockocco and wild 'bout you a try as well. I am not really an e/s person so i tend to focus on the lip stuff. I have an appt for these collections. I will see if i can take pics and i will share them with you.

plumage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloe2277
I guess I am the minority here I loved both collections although I have to say I wasn't too impressed when I first saw everything but I had an appt. with my fave MA and thought I would just give it a try and WOW the take wing quad looked amazing on and the accent red pig. is really pretty mixed with clear lipgloss so of course I bought more than I planned! You can never have too much makeup (MAC) right??

im with you . i think you really have to experience the products on yourself before you can rule them out , hand swatches dont do them justice ... theres some really beautiful stuff in those collections . *ehem* truth&light ?!?! lala libertine ?!?!

liquidsirenhoney

i was really siappointed with the quads, i wanted the pink one then i saw it in person and was not impressed at all, i knew i wanted the red lisptick and lipglass....but that was all i ended up with, it's the first red to actually be red on me, as for the rest, it just seemed boring.

Simply Elegant

The only thing that really stuck out to me was the lipglass in pure vanity and that's the only thing I buying from the collection.

obbreb

Same here!! Nothing really pleased me enough to splurge. I just got Poetique for my MAC collection fix, that's it!!

Latest posts