Untamed and Rockoco- Blah...

Macnarsandlove

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnaFyre
I'm a bit dissapointed by the new collections. I was soooo excited and then Courage and Well-Plumed were such a huge dissapointment in person. I don't know how they got Courage to look that way on the model, but they must have put orange shadow under it, copper pigment with it, and then did a coat of gloss on top of it. The pinky mauve quad wasn't terribly exciting either. None of the lippies "tamed" my interest either.

And then Rockoco.... I was totally excited about the gold and red lip comobs -especially Elaborate- and they were both duds in person. And I knew Accent Red was close to Ruby Red before I got there. But Ostentaious? Is that supposed to be blue/brown pig or Club e/s in fluidline form but not as vibrant? I might get this, but otherwise I'm just not excited about either of these collections.

Am I missing something? Anyone else have similar reactions? Any women of color out there who found any of the products in these lines worth a shot?

I am a NC45/50 girl And the only thing worth picking up was the pure vanity l/g (i already have russian red but this red was much better) and the well plumed e/s quad. courage e/s was nothing to scream about but if you didn't get heat/element duo from amuse its a good substitute.

pugmommy7

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstucker
I guess I"m odd....I absolutely love the red and gold lipglasses! I'm thinking of getting backups of the gold one (elaborate?). As for the quads, the plum one's colours are definitely way too similar to what I already have.

Hopefully something more exciting is coming out for the holidays! I'm so tired of anything that has the word 'pearl', 'pearlized', or 'silver' in its description!

me too!
and my mua nodded when he asked me what i thought of the quads and i said "not much"
winks.gif

cinnamongurlee

the ostentatious fluidliner was the only must have in my mind. i can't wear club or blue brown pigment as they go red/orange on me.

if i was going to use ostentatious as an eyeliner, i think i would be disappointed as there is not a whole lot of blue/green in it, and it is relatively flat in finish. luckily, i plan on using it as an eyeshadow base. i can put the blue brown pigment over the fluidliner to make the colour stay on truer without going reddish/orangie on me

as for the quads, i loved them with the pics and descriptions online. when i saw them in person, i was disappointed. i was expecting something else.

red lip glasses migrate on my lips, and i have enough red lippies to keep me happy for an eternity.

so not much from these collections really piqued my interest

sexypuma

Thank you soooo much! i am just getting into putting make-up on so i don't feel quite confident yet to post pics ( i still have so much to learn!)