Urban Decay Naked Palette

RandomnessWithK

I'm not sure if this belongs in the swatches forum, or in the Urban Decay forum.. so if this needs to be moved - please feel free!
smiles.gif

To view bigger photo's since size is limited on here - you can visit my blog:
My Fit Beauty: Urban Decay :: Naked Palette Video Unboxing/Swatches

As some of you who follow my blog regularly, have seen that I had posted about the Urban Decay Naked Palette and how it was sold out the minute it was put online. I signed up to get updates when it would return online. and it just so happened it was re-stocked on My 10 Year anniversary
smiles.gif
and as a gift from My Husband, he let me purchase it online as my gift! (i'm a sucker for make-up, i can do without shoes, purses, etc)..

So I did, and got some free samples as well. So I did a little video on me getting the palette and just quickly showing a live view of the Palette itself in all it's glory and everything it comes with.
smiles.gif

Here ya go! (Sorry I'm not wearing much make-up - just came from work and was just excited to share the Palette with all of you)
YouTube - Urban Decay Naked Palette Swatches

Don't mind my little ones in the background screaming lol they were just playing around!

And Here are some pictures/swatches. these are in natural light (no flash) indoors. My skin is roughly NC25. I put these eyeshadows on my arm with NO base (i didn't use the primer potion, to me it's a little chalky on my dry skin lol)
naked1

naked2.gif

naked3.gif

naked4.gif

naked5.gif

naked6.gif

naked7.gif

naked8.gif

naked9.gif

I will have a real/complete review soon. But my first thoughts upon swatching each eyeshadow is - it's very silky/satiny feel to them. not really fall-out like dusty/loose eyeshadows would, they sort of are in clumps, but when rubbed in skin, they are amazingly satiny and smooth. and blend very nicely together. I'm sure they'd be a lot more vibrant with a primer - so on my upcoming review I will do them on with a primer.

there are 12 colors in total:
Virging, Sin, Naked, Sidecar, Buck, Half Baked, Smog, Darkhorse, Toasted, Hustle, Creep, Gunmetal

they come with one mini primer potion tube and one double sided eyeliner. One side is in Whiskey (brown), and the other is in Zero (Black). they glide on with easy and don't budge (on my waterline is a different story lol)..

out of these 12 eyeshadows, Urban Decay says on their box that 4 of them are exclusives (urban decay is known to repromote their eyeshadows in most palettes) so if you don't have any urban decay eyeshadows (this is my first palette) then this would be great for you!

I think this would be great if your into neutral colors that are safe for work/at the office/daytime looks. and the darker colors can easily transition any look into a sexy sultry smokey eye.. these
eyeshadows are rich in texture and consist of matte, shimmer, satin and sparkle finishes. i think from the swatches like 2 are really glittery/sparkly.

So overall, thus far (i have not been able to play with them on my eyes yet) it's a cute little palette. the cover has a magnet in it, so it's magnetic flip top and it's pretty solid. and love the fact it's $44.00 and comes with 12 eyeshadows that are extremely pigmented and lovely, and comes with a duo eyeliner AND a mini primer potion! it's a steal - if you have not gotten this palette and are thinking about it - i think it's worth a try. I might get another one to tote around with me since it's small enough and has a mirror! plus this is my first Urban Decay palette - so really lovin' it. I know it comes out in stores (sephora) August in the US. so keep your eyes peeled - but keep checking back on their website and at Sephora!
smiles.gif

Hope this was sort of helpful!
smiles.gif
are you planing on getting this palette or any of their newest products?

Don't forget to follow my blog! (link in sig)

EDITED TO ADD:
08/02/2010 - a look i did using the palette <3

naked1.jpg

naked2.jpg

Kragey

I think I'm going to have to save up and buy a Naked palette for work. I'm going to graduate school in the Great White Frozen North, so I'm going to toss my clothes and makeup for the day in a bag and do it at the office when my ski mask is off of my face. :p This palette would make office eyes a breeze.

Although I'm not too fond of UDPP, to be honest...maybe it'll be alright for the office, though.

equus18

Can anyone here tell me if there are dupes between these 2 palettes? I have the 88 and am wondering if the UD is worth buying.

marajode

I have both the shimmer and the matte of the 88 palettes. I guess you can make dupes by combining enough colors, but I don't know if you'd really get the right finish.
I like the handiness of the Naked palette. I like that there are a combination of finishes.
But in all honesty, I'm sure, just as most, these are dupeable.
However, these are full size shadows too. 12 of them.

I'm being angel and devil!

marajode

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomnessWithK
I'm not sure if this belongs in the swatches forum, or in the Urban Decay forum.. so if this needs to be moved - please feel free!
smiles.gif

To view bigger photo's since size is limited on here - you can visit my blog:
My Fit Beauty: Urban Decay :: Naked Palette Video Unboxing/Swatches

As some of you who follow my blog regularly, have seen that I had posted about the Urban Decay Naked Palette and how it was sold out the minute it was put online. I signed up to get updates when it would return online. and it just so happened it was re-stocked on My 10 Year anniversary
smiles.gif
and as a gift from My Husband, he let me purchase it online as my gift! (i'm a sucker for make-up, i can do without shoes, purses, etc)..

So I did, and got some free samples as well. So I did a little video on me getting the palette and just quickly showing a live view of the Palette itself in all it's glory and everything it comes with.
smiles.gif

Here ya go! (Sorry I'm not wearing much make-up - just came from work and was just excited to share the Palette with all of you)
YouTube - Urban Decay Naked Palette Swatches

Don't mind my little ones in the background screaming lol they were just playing around!

And Here are some pictures/swatches. these are in natural light (no flash) indoors. My skin is roughly NC25. I put these eyeshadows on my arm with NO base (i didn't use the primer potion, to me it's a little chalky on my dry skin lol)
naked1

naked2.gif

naked3.gif

naked4.gif

naked5.gif

naked6.gif

naked7.gif

naked8.gif

naked9.gif

I will have a real/complete review soon. But my first thoughts upon swatching each eyeshadow is - it's very silky/satiny feel to them. not really fall-out like dusty/loose eyeshadows would, they sort of are in clumps, but when rubbed in skin, they are amazingly satiny and smooth. and blend very nicely together. I'm sure they'd be a lot more vibrant with a primer - so on my upcoming review I will do them on with a primer.

there are 12 colors in total:
Virging, Sin, Naked, Sidecar, Buck, Half Baked, Smog, Darkhorse, Toasted, Hustle, Creep, Gunmetal

they come with one mini primer potion tube and one double sided eyeliner. One side is in Whiskey (brown), and the other is in Zero (Black). they glide on with easy and don't budge (on my waterline is a different story lol)..

out of these 12 eyeshadows, Urban Decay says on their box that 4 of them are exclusives (urban decay is known to repromote their eyeshadows in most palettes) so if you don't have any urban decay eyeshadows (this is my first palette) then this would be great for you!

I think this would be great if your into neutral colors that are safe for work/at the office/daytime looks. and the darker colors can easily transition any look into a sexy sultry smokey eye.. these
eyeshadows are rich in texture and consist of matte, shimmer, satin and sparkle finishes. i think from the swatches like 2 are really glittery/sparkly.

So overall, thus far (i have not been able to play with them on my eyes yet) it's a cute little palette. the cover has a magnet in it, so it's magnetic flip top and it's pretty solid. and love the fact it's $44.00 and comes with 12 eyeshadows that are extremely pigmented and lovely, and comes with a duo eyeliner AND a mini primer potion! it's a steal - if you have not gotten this palette and are thinking about it - i think it's worth a try. I might get another one to tote around with me since it's small enough and has a mirror! plus this is my first Urban Decay palette - so really lovin' it. I know it comes out in stores (sephora) August in the US. so keep your eyes peeled - but keep checking back on their website and at Sephora!
smiles.gif

Hope this was sort of helpful!
smiles.gif
are you planing on getting this palette or any of their newest products?

Don't forget to follow my blog!

THANK YOU for the video! And thank you for your swatches!
I got this in the mail about the same time as you. I've been loving it!

Btw, I wish you lived in my neighborhood. My kid could play with yours, while we played in makeup!!
yes.gif

RandomnessWithK

i also like the palette because it is handy and you can tote it around a lot easily than the 88/120 palette. it's 12 full sized eyeshadows with different textures/finishes.. and also you get 2 eyeliners and a mini primer potion.. which is awesome
smiles.gif

but i think you can try to find a dupe with the 88 shimmer palette, but like above poster - maybe not the exactly right finish as these have a nice unique feeling to them..

maybe it's just me since this is my first urban decay palette..
smiles.gif
but either way it's going to be permanent so - it'll always be there if you change your mind and decide to get it! if you do - it's a great investment!

RandomnessWithK

Quote:
Originally Posted by marajode
THANK YOU for the video! And thank you for your swatches!
I got this in the mail about the same time as you. I've been loving it!

Btw, I wish you lived in my neighborhood. My kid could play with yours, while we played in makeup!!
yes.gif

that would be awesome if we lived int he same neighborhood! NO ONE has the same love for make-up as i do
ssad.gif
so i always end up playing make-up alone or with my girls LOL but they're still to young lol

marajode

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomnessWithK
that would be awesome if we lived int he same neighborhood! NO ONE has the same love for make-up as i do
ssad.gif
so i always end up playing make-up alone or with my girls LOL but they're still to young lol

I know what you mean!
No one understands my make up fixation either! My daughter probably thinks I am obsessed, and she's also too young!
smiles.gif

Love your blog too!

RandomnessWithK

Thanks!!
smiles.gif
Well if your ever in Cali (of vice versa) I'd looooove to hang out with another make-up junkie!
smiles.gif

and thanks for visiting my bloggeroonie!!

ItsLovelyJay

Wow, I can't wait to get this palette! I love the colors and everything, and thank you for your review and swatches. I hope it work on my skintone also (I'm a NC50).

RandomnessWithK

i think this palette is great and anyone can rock these colors- although it is a neutral palette - it has such a variety, that you can go to office safe to sexy smokey with the darker colors! buck and naked (lolol!) are great crease/blending colors!

i tried it out today.. loved it!
smiles.gif

n_c

Good to know the palette is permanent. I read somewhere it will hit Sephora stores in August.

thekatalyst

how do you girls know this palette is going to be perm? does it say on UD website? just curious because I reallyyy want it, but I kind of think I might want to wait and see if I can get it used later on after the fire burns out a bit lol

xKiKix

i got an email today from sephora that the naked palette will be available in stores july 29 but it is in stock now on the website.

DILLIGAF

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_c
Good to know the palette is permanent. I read somewhere it will hit Sephora stores in August.

This is definitely a relief!!! I don't want to have to run over small children and pets to get to the mall to purchase this. Knowing it's perm gives me sometime to pick it up. Most likely after all the hype dies down a bit. This will be an awesome gift for my sister's birthday!

Flaminbird

I'm wanting to purchase this but won't have any money till I am done with my training and start working my job so I have enough hours.
ssad.gif

bellaboomboom

Man! I had no idea this was so gorgeous. I got the Vegan palette a week ago and just passed up the Naked since I thought it would be too bland for me...boy was I wrong.

HA! I loved the statement about buying makeup instead of clothes or shoes...I was just thinking of that recently. If only I worked on my wardrobe as much as I buy makeup
smiles.gif
My clothes are pretty sad looking. HAHA!!!! Oh well, still like makeup better!

Oh, and now gonna try to get that palette. Hope I still can.

Latest posts