Using Foundation During the Summer

burnitdown_x

Right now it's like 95 degrees in nyc, which is so surprising because it never gets this hot early in June. Anyway, today I didn't wear foundation but usually when I do wear foundation hot or cold outside it just comes off... I don't use a face primer, I usually just use a moisturizer and put the foundation on. I was wondering if by using a primer like photofinish or anything would it stop it from coming off? Especially in the summer. It would suck to go outside and have it looked caked on by the heat. Today I didn't sweat much, if not at all on my face. So I just wanted to ask for some recommendations on what primer to use or even any foundation suggests. Currently I use Urban Decay Surreal Skin Makeup. Sorry for this being so long.

StArCaNdY

I think the problem is your foundation. Maybe a primer would help too though. I don't use a primer, but I do moisturize. I recently changed my foundation from Studio Fix Fluid to Estee Lauders Double Wear Light and that's made a big difference. I live in Miami so its summer here all year long and I had that problem with SFF because it didnt last all day. EL's lasts ALL day. I literally apply at 6:30am and at 11:00pm it's still there looking good. So I suggest to try a different foundation or try a primer. I've heard Smashbox's primer was good. I've been meaning to try that one. Maybe this weekend when I go get my Cool Heat stuff
greengrin.gif
HTH

burnitdown_x

Quote:
Originally Posted by StArCaNdY
I think the problem is your foundation. Maybe a primer would help too though. I don't use a primer, but I do moisturize. I recently changed my foundation from Studio Fix Fluid to Estee Lauders Double Wear Light and that's made a big difference. I live in Miami so its summer here all year long and I had that problem with SFF because it didnt last all day. EL's lasts ALL day. I literally apply at 6:30am and at 11:00pm it's still there looking good. So I suggest to try a different foundation or try a primer. I've heard Smashbox's primer was good. I've been meaning to try that one. Maybe this weekend when I go get my Cool Heat stuff
greengrin.gif
HTH

Thanks so much for your suggestions, I'll look into the EL foundation, but I might just try the primer first, depending on which is cheaper.

Mizz.Yasmine

i think its best to go for a tinted moisturizer in the summer with a waterproof concealer for any red spots/discoloration. i love Vincent Longo's.
smiles.gif
it doesnt leave my skin thru anything. i have to scrub it off just to remove it.

miss_supra

I had the best luck with a drug store brand. Don't get me wrong, I love MAC but for summer time their foundations don't cut it for me. I use l'oreal's true match with powder setting it.

Kiseki

Definitely something long-wear like Estée Lauder Double Wear Light (which is sheerer if you don't need that much coverage) but doesn't budge even through heat. I also use SK-II's Air-Touch foundation after I've dusted my face with loose or pressed powder and stays in place all day long.

For a good water resistant concealer, try MUFE's Camouflage Cream or Kevyn Aucoin's Sensual Skin Enhancer.

Love Always Ivy

isnt the heat right now absolutely ridiculous in ny? im DYING and ive given up on foundation all together and have just stuck to concealer where needed.

burnitdown_x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love Always Ivy
isnt the heat right now absolutely ridiculous in ny? im DYING and ive given up on foundation all together and have just stuck to concealer where needed.

It is... I totally did not see it coming. On Saturday it was terrible though, which is why I've also given up on foundation. I guess I'll resort to concealer haha.

Jello89

Its extremely humid in Montreal as well. Im very interested in trying the EL foundation. Should i get it in Powder or Liquid...I Never used powder foundation before...

Miss Rose

I can totally relate with you i live in ny too! anyways during summer i strongly recommend just taking care of your skin, use masks,scrubs and use your cream at night for a smooth start in the morning. As for makeup, keep it light. I would not recommend liquid foundations in this weather. Just use a bit of concealer in the desired spots and finish it off with a powder (powder work well since they can "melt" into your skin) During the day refresh your skin. I recommend MAC's mineralize skinfinish natural. I have also heard good things about everyday minerals if you arent familiar with mac. For skin refreshers Fix + is simply the best
smiles.gif

Hope this helps and stay cool lol

Jello89

I have been thinking. Since it is so humid and hot. What about a spritz of coolness? I was thinking of buying charged water. Its a bit pricy, so I was thinking of maybe buying the Evian mineral spray. What do you guys think? Has anyone ever tried it? Is it comparable to charged water? Should i just buy it or invest in the charged waters...

xiahe

For summer you're better off wearing a tinted moisturizer and some concealer - it lets your skin breathe! There's no way I would survive with foundation on my face in this heat.

For some tinted moisturizer recs, A LOT of people rave about Laura Mercier. It's pricey ($42, I think?) but I hear a lot of good things about it. I use Clinique Moisture Sheer Tint SPF15 (it was ~$30) and I love it! As with all tinted moisturizers, the coverage is very sheer/light but this stuff really helps to even out my skintone. If you want something even cheaper, I hear that Cover Girl Smoothers tinted moisturizer is good, too.

burnitdown_x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Rose
I can totally relate with you i live in ny too! anyways during summer i strongly recommend just taking care of your skin, use masks,scrubs and use your cream at night for a smooth start in the morning. As for makeup, keep it light. I would not recommend liquid foundations in this weather. Just use a bit of concealer in the desired spots and finish it off with a powder (powder work well since they can "melt" into your skin) During the day refresh your skin. I recommend MAC's mineralize skinfinish natural. I have also heard good things about everyday minerals if you arent familiar with mac. For skin refreshers Fix + is simply the best
smiles.gif

Yay another New Yorker haha. And thanks so much, this really did help. And I really want to try Fix +.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xiahe
For summer you're better off wearing a tinted moisturizer and some concealer - it lets your skin breathe! There's no way I would survive with foundation on my face in this heat.

For some tinted moisturizer recs, A LOT of people rave about Laura Mercier. It's pricey ($42, I think?) but I hear a lot of good things about it. I use Clinique Moisture Sheer Tint SPF15 (it was ~$30) and I love it! As with all tinted moisturizers, the coverage is very sheer/light but this stuff really helps to even out my skintone. If you want something even cheaper, I hear that Cover Girl Smoothers tinted moisturizer is good, too.

The Clinique Moisture Sheer Tint sounds really good! I might try the cover girl first, in case I'm not feeling tinted moisturizers lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jello89
I have been thinking. Since it is so humid and hot. What about a spritz of coolness? I was thinking of buying charged water. Its a bit pricy, so I was thinking of maybe buying the Evian mineral spray. What do you guys think? Has anyone ever tried it? Is it comparable to charged water? Should i just buy it or invest in the charged waters...

I've tried the Evian mineral spray... it is a bit refreshing but it makes me feel more humid. I don't know, I felt a little gross, maybe because my brother sprayed it on me a million times lol.

Jello89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Rose
smiles.gif

So should i go for fix+ instead of charged water?

Kiseki

Quote:
Originally Posted by xiahe

Laura Mercier makes a fabulous tinted moisturizer, but it has a dewy finish, so it will make you look oily even after setting it with powder. Try Giorgio Armani's Face Fabric and bring blotting paper in your purse.

zucker

in summertime i only wear a TM or mineral foundation. liquid foundation would run off my face.

sofabean

for the summer, i'm switching over to mineral foundation cuz liquid foundation makes me really shiny and i usually sweat it all off anyway.

Gadook

I live in Israel and it's blazing hot most of the year, even our winter could make anyone break a sweat..
I use Loreal's true match makeup, and it really does the trick for me. It stays on all day, even in work-outs.

Latest posts