Using Foundation During the Summer

chickenkebob

I know what you mean. I used to have the same problem. What I do over the summer is either use a tinted moisturizer or apply mineral foundation wet with fix +. It really stays on for a long time.

BaDKiTTy69

I need some recommendations also. I have oily skin and in winter time Im using SFF, it works really good. But its too hot to use it right now. I got Studio Fix Powder Foundation and I love how it sits on my face. But it breaks me out. So I have to return it. What should I try next? I want something powder, I think its better for the summer. Thanks in advance.

TDoll

Smashbox photo finish works well in the winter, or for drier skin types. For warmer months, or oilier skin, I find that MAC Prep+Prime works best. It controls oil better IMO.
I think that it's fine to use liquid foundation in hot weather, but just as long as you use a good primer and top it off with Blot powder. To me, the pressed works just as well as the loose and is less messy.
Of course, if it still melts, it's best to use a primer and follow it with a powder foundation. Studio Fix is my favorite and wears super long.

BaDKiTTy69

I loved Studio Fix Powder, but it breaks me out. Should I try the Sheer Powder? I know its just a powder, i just hope its not going to break me out.

elektra513

I've been having the same issues in this hot GA weather. I've been switching it up most days to see what works and what doesn't, and I've noticed that those days I'm wearing just concealer and mmu or powder found (with a primer underneath) are the days I'm less annoyed about my makeup.

Even my matte liquid foundation is sucking right now.

HTH