Vanilla or Brule?

kelly2509t

If you could only own one of these which one would it be?

I can't decide help me
smiles.gif

Purple

I loooove Brule, it's my HG eyeshadow, highlighter, my everyday shadow.
I'm NC30 for reference.

Almond_Eyed

I use Vanilla, but I'm considering getting Brule. If you swatch them side by side Vanilla looks really white, Brule is a more creamy shade.

fallenang3l211

brule all the way! i have vanilla and i barely touch it - goes on chalky and too white for me sometimes, too. brule goes with almost every es i have imo. i usually do an all over wash of brule and then apply my other es for easy blending.

Susanne

I LOVE Vanilla. It is my MOST used e/s from MAC ever. It is the perfect highlight colour all year long:

I am NW 20 in winter, NC 25 in spring and fall and NC 30 in summer.

Get Vanilla!!

ThePowderPuff

Depends on what you're looking for. I don't have vanilla but it looks whiter to me.

I have brule but I'm not very fond of it. It dissapears COMPLETELY on my nc 25 skin. You can't see it at all.

blondie711

I agree with Katjamo, Brule just disappears on me. I'm nw20-25. I want it to work, it just doesn't. I like Blanc type or Vanilla.

ThePowderPuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by blondie711
I agree with Katjamo, Brule just disappears on me. I'm nw20-25. I want it to work, it just doesn't. I like Blanc type or Vanilla.

I love Blanc Type to. It's one of my favorites. I love Matte2.

FiestyFemme

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanne
I LOVE Vanilla. It is my MOST used e/s from MAC ever. It is the perfect highlight colour all year long:

I am NW 20 in winter, NC 25 in spring and fall and NC 30 in summer.

Get Vanilla!!

Agreed! I LOVE Vanilla. I hardly ever touch Brule. I'm an NC 15/20 for reference.

kelly2509t

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katjamo
Depends on what you're looking for. I don't have vanilla but it looks whiter to me.

I have brule but I'm not very fond of it. It dissapears COMPLETELY on my nc 25 skin. You can't see it at all.

I'm wanting to use it for a brow bone highlight and for my tear duct area. Thanks for the rec though everyone
smiles.gif

January

LOVE Vanilla... I'm an NW15/20 and I just seen a tiny little pan in my Vanilla the other day. Love it
smiles.gif

ThePowderPuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelly2509t
I'm wanting to use it for a brow bone highlight and for my tear duct area. Thanks for the rec though everyone
smiles.gif

Seriously if you're NC25 like me, you will not get any highlighting from Brulé at all. It's basically just skincolour.

kelly2509t

I'm not sure what I am in terms of MAC NC/NW (never been colour matched, must do that one day!) But I'm pretty pale as you can see from my avatar. The foundation shade I use is ivory so pretty pale
smiles.gif
I've been looking at Blanc Type and liking the look of that too