Vanilla or Brule?

I have pink undertones (NW20) and find ORB works really well as a highlighter
smiles.gif

mariserinb

i use brule as an all-over color before i put any other colors on because it is about the same color as my skin. so once i have covered my lid with it (after applying udpp), it makes it easier to blend colors.

i also use brule if i want to even out the shape of one eye vs another or if i want to enhance the "fade out" effect of my shadow. i just lightly brush brule over the edge of the shadow and it looks airbrushed.

BellaGemma

Here are some highlight swatches...(left to right) MAC ricepaper, MAC Shroom, MAC brule, NYX champagne. I'm nc37 so I know that's a lot darker than you but you can see the undertones of each color pretty well on my skin. hope that helps =)

iShadow

I'm too fair to use Brule as a highlight, but I looooooooove to use it to buff out the edges of darker looks. 9 times out of 10, Vanilla is my highlight though. :s

peachesxsan

Brule is my HG brow highlight. It just makes my eye look clean and it blends out any harsh lines from my contour shades. I really think it's worth the investment

marlojean83

I agree with Susanne. If you're pale and want a highlighter, go with Vanilla. Brule is one I go with on my lid if I'm doing a really natural look and then Vanilla as a highlight with whatever color I use in the crease. Vanilla is one of the shadows I use most. I'm pale too, with dark hair and eyes, like you.