VICE 2 QC Issues

mousygiggles

I bought the Vice2 from Sephora and it was swatched on all shades. I sent it back and the new one still has clear finger prints on 2 of them. Is this normal for this palette?

Richelle83

A friend of mine posted pics on FB about the same issue too, but I don't remember if she posted it on UD's page. Haven't heard anyone else with this issue.

I remember that was the same problem with the naked palette when it first came out I had waited soo long for it to come back in stock and when I finally recieved it it looked all swatched but others too were having the same issue I guess it's a production issue so I kept it

butterflyeyes

I've heard of a few people complaining about this but they've all said they purchased from somewhere like Sephora or Ulta and not directly from UD. I've never seen anything like that occur myself but I usually order my UD items from UD directly. Did you order from Sephora or did you go to a physical store?

kadytheredpanda

Oh my! I've never had that problem with UD or Sephora. Okay, there was that one time that Sephora forgot my Glinda in my order, but I got one sent to me after I sent an email to customer service. If too many palettes are like that then maybe it's a production issue like aventura said. Regarding your own palette, were there obvious marks like fingernail scraps in the pans? Or just flat color streaks atop the pans? If it's the latter then I'll go with production issue.

kadytheredpanda

I ordered from Sephora. There are finger nail chunks gone and actual finger prints. Whirls and all.
D:

I wonder if there's some dude that's deciding it would be fun to play with people's orders. The fact you got two of these means that something is happening at the warehouse. Jeez people are so disgusting sometimes. This time you may just want to get your money back after complaining and go to a local store or the UD site. The UD 20% off Friends and Family sale is going on anyway (although today is the last day).

LV2EVOLVE

That's just nasty. Sometimes I wonder if they restock returns thinking that they're "clean". I was recently disturbed by CS at Nordies because I had a MAC return that I didn't use and she told me that they send it to the counter for inspection to be resold.

kadytheredpanda

to the counter for inspection to be resold.
Totally didn't think about that. Good point. I always assumed that the CVS by my school was reselling returns. Some of the packages just looked very off even though they were properly packaged, so it was not like some kid opened it and played with the lipstick or eye pencil. Heck, just yesterday I was at Big Lots and had to open and inspect any packages without seals just in case someone got into them before I put them in my cart. Nothing like opening a lip gloss you just bought only to see what clearly looks like lip streaks against the applicator. Yick.

mousygiggles

If I was at my normal place I'd go to the store but I'm 2+ hours from Sephora so I can't do that. Both sent back and Idk when I'll get another.

Melzie

I bought mine from the Sephora store and 3 of the eyeshadows hand finger prints on it too! They were very very faint, but I could still detect them. I am keeping mine because it was the last one in the store. I just wiped it off with a tissue. I agree that they might be selling the returned palettes =I

MissTT

I don't think it's a returns issue at this point as the product is just too new and there aren't tons of returns on them. I think it was a packaging issue similar to what happened with MAC in the In Extra Dimension release.
2cents.gif

butterflyeyes

I wonder if they were physical store purchases if you had issues with people opening up the packages in the store and messing with them (you'd be surprised how many people do it regardless of it there is a display available or not. I have seen people do it in Sephora and definitely in Ulta). Could be a production issue also but maybe I was lucky. The 2 I purchased (1 in my local Ulta which I gave to my bestie as a gift and one I ordered from UD on the first day of the F&F sale) came perfect with no fingerprint issues. Then again, I was lucky in the MAC issue also...no fingerprint problem then either. If it's a production issue then I wouldn't worry about it. It would indicate that it wasn't an actual finger touching the product but an issue where a print appeared on the press. If you're concerned returning is your best bet though.

MissTT

If I recall, I think someone ordered from Sephora.com and others from in store. That's what makes me say that. But yes folks like to open things. Like I was talking about a shadow palette last night and this girl wanted to open the new package. I'm like, "Uh, wait til you checkout, girl." Folks don't want your hot breath on their makeup.

prettygirl8

If I recall, I think someone ordered from Sephora.com and others from in store. That's what makes me say that. But yes folks like to open things. Like I was talking about a shadow palette last night and this girl wanted to open the new package. I'm like, "Uh, wait til you checkout, girl." Folks don't want your hot breath on their makeup.
This.

I've seen people open and try lipsticks. That's just nasty and that's why I prefer online shopping. I ordered my V2 palette online and didn't have any fingerprint problems. One shadow looked like it wasn't "pressed" (or whatever) like the others but it works.

butterflyeyes

Right...checkout and then after you pay you can inspect your purchase...if you see a problem with it go ahead and ask you exchange while you're still at the store. But don't open it before paying unless you do it at the register with the permission of the SA so there's no confusion.

MissTT

This! I wouldn't even care if she did it before she checked out while standing with the cashier, but don't do it when you're still walking around the store deciding. She wanted to see if a brush was included. I said, "Let's read the outside of the box..."