VICE 2 QC Issues

mousygiggles

I don't think it is production. I think it is the warehouse people honestly. One had brush marks on the first one and the brush was used then there were clear rubs like finger swatches on the others. That went back quick. The shadow was still on it. This is from the 2nd one. The other finger prints were like these. Not on all shadows like the first one but on several. Looks like finger swatches to me.

MissTT

That's no good. But hey I got a used Guerlain lipstick from Bloomingdales the other so QC is on vacation.

Melzie

If I recall, I think someone ordered from Sephora.com and others from in store. That's what makes me say that. But yes folks like to open things. Like I was talking about a shadow palette last night and this girl wanted to open the new package. I'm like, "Uh, wait til you checkout, girl." Folks don't want your hot breath on their makeup.

I have seen that happen! At Sephora, other department stores and drugstores!

It makes me sad because they don't realize or maybe they don't care that they are affecting others.

I know this first hand because it has happened to me on more than one occasion. I bought a L'Oreal Infallible Eyeshadow and when I opened it at home, the whole top half was scrapped off! I was able to return it, but it just shocked me how people can do that.

I understand that not all places have testers, but that does not give you the right to make testers out of the merchandise. Places like Sephora, where they have testers and where they have great customer service where they even provide you with samples, this type of unnecessary merchandise testing should not even occur.

MissTT

Yes! I don't understand why anyone would do it at place like Sephora where we already give you access to the product.
th_dunno.gif

DILLIGAF

My personal favorites are the ones that want to open packages, touch and feel things, then grab a brand new one for themselves.

ninalovesmakeup

I remember a lot of people complaining about fingerprints in the UD Naked palette once it came back out from being out of stock for a long time. I believe UD made a statement about it being a production issue with the workers having to push the pans in with their fingers (while wearing gloves). Almost every palette I buy from UD has this issue. It's never with any other brand that I get from Sephora.

butterflyeyes

I remember a lot of people complaining about fingerprints in the UD Naked palette once it came back out from being out of stock for a long time. I believe UD made a statement about it being a production issue with the workers having to push the pans in with their fingers (while wearing gloves). Almost every palette I buy from UD has this issue. It's never with any other brand that I get from Sephora.
Wow...guess I've been lucky. None of the UD palettes I own have ever had this issue and I'm a huge UD fan. I don't get many of my UD products from Sephora though. I get most from UD directly.

ninalovesmakeup

Wow...guess I've been lucky. None of the UD palettes I own have ever had this issue and I'm a huge UD fan. I don't get many of my UD products from Sephora though. I get most from UD directly.
I hate it cause I'm picky with stuff like that. That's why I hate buying makeup from the drug store because some products you can't tell if they've been used or not (glosses). It's happened with purchases from both UD and Sephora. It's not horrible, maybe like a few pans, but still irritating. I order my Vice 2 from UD and didn't have a problem with it.

Gorgeous40

I recently got the Vice 2 from UD's website and the Naked Basics small palette from Sephora and neither had this issue. I will, however, be on the lookout the next time I buy a UD shadow no matter where it's from. Chunks missing and fingerprint smudges? No way!!

butterflyeyes

I recently got the Vice 2 from UD's website and the Naked Basics small palette from Sephora and neither had this issue. I will, however, be on the lookout the next time I buy a UD shadow no matter where it's from. Chunks missing and fingerprint smudges? No way!! 
Like I said, I've never had this issue before with any UD products I've purchased. But I don't think I've ever bought any from Sephora now that I think about it. Everything I have bought either came from UD directly or Ulta (either online or in store). So either I've been really lucky or the issue has been mostly related to Sephora...which would seem odd. Idk but whatever is going on I hope it doesn't affect too many people. I definitely wouldn't be too happy about it

Gorgeous40

Like I said, I've never had this issue before with any UD products I've purchased. But I don't think I've ever bought any from Sephora now that I think about it. Everything I have bought either came from UD directly or Ulta (either online or in store). So either I've been really lucky or the issue has been mostly related to Sephora...which would seem odd. Idk but whatever is going on I hope it doesn't affect too many people. I definitely wouldn't be too happy about it
@butterflyeyes I'm glad you brought the issue to our attention! I will def be on the lookout from this point on!

KrystalAnne

I didn't even know this was a problem, but I bought my VICE 2 in store yesterday, and when I got home mine had a few shadows that looked like someone swatched as well. Luckily the brush was good and not used. There was also some eyeshadow fallout inside the box and on the packaging. I was afraid an eyeshadow was broken. It bothers me, but not enough for me to drive back to the store with two little ones to exchange it.

DeeDee2013

Would you ladies happen to know of a good dupe for the UD Vice 2 Ambushed? It's the only shade I love from the palette.

Thank you

Maha Maven

I just got the vice 2 palette yesterday from sephora, and I ordered online since I had the VIB 20$ off...this better not happen to me or I will be so upset! I hate seeing people open up new packages, especially at sephora where there are so many testers.

keridabeenfabb

Wow that's crazy but two times is too much for me sephora need to get that in order. I don't think they should have product being sold next to tester's for that exact reason it will help prevent unsanitary situations and save people headaches like these. I can't say I'm suprised Tho