Victoria's Secret 2008 Fashion Show Makeup Look

mollythedolly

I googled the Victoria's Secret 2008 fashion show makeup and Seventeen had a behind-the-scenes look at the hair (and the makeup!)
yahoo.gif

Not a direct link, but Video Hub - Seventeen.com

Click on the drop-down menu, then on behind-the-scenes beauty, then on Victoria's Secret Behind the Scenes Makeup or whatever.

She uses specific product color names, I guess they're from Very Sexy?

I know some of you all wanted to know what they use! HTH!

Oh, and on the hair segment (if any of you are interested) the curling iron the man was using on the girls' hair is a Hot Tools Marcel curling iron, probably 1".

angeliquea~+

Thnaks for that! I love their hair and makeup so much!

I found a face chart for their makeup on Getty for the 2007 show:

vsfacechart.jpg

lovelyweapon

To be honest, I don't think the MUAs for VS use Very Sexy; I once saw a fellow Specktra member post pictures of the makeup at one of the fashion shows and it was all Nars, Giorgio Armani Makeup, Chanel, MAC, etc. lol. But I definitely agree their makeup is off the chain!

rachybloom

It sucks.. because I highly highly doubt that they use VS makeup.. It's just their way of promoting their own stuff
ssad.gif
I'd love to see someone do a tutorial on this though, especially the face chart!!

missbliss2

They don't use many VS products, it's only for promotion. I saved some pics from the show that were taken backstage to try and ID the products to attempt at recreating the look. Here is what I have come up with...

mascara-looks like Maybelline's Lash Discovery
2wdvjau.jpg

680LCB_xl.jpg

eyebrow pencil-I'm pretty sure it's MAC's creamy pencil
84947_abb_122_399lo.jpg

eyeshadow-I'm really not sure. It looks like a glittery white wash and a very light taupe color in the crease with a blond gold color in the outer corners of the eye and a bit underneath the lower lash line & a pinkish-white pencil to line the water line.
16jn4gp.jpg

27500_521_122_196lo.jpg
2eph7nr.jpg

2i7bt44.jpg

In the videos below you can see a mua use an eyeshadow out of a clear pot with a silver lid.
YouTube - Victoria's Secret Angels Descend Upon Miami
YouTube - Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2008: Models Get Ready

I have more pics, but I'm having some trouble with my computer. I'll ID more products hopefully later.

Honey10

Quote:
Originally Posted by missbliss2
They don't use many VS products, it's only for promotion. I saved some pics from the show that were taken backstage to try and ID the products to attempt at recreating the look. Here is what I have come up with...

mascara-looks like Maybelline's Lash Discovery
2wdvjau.jpg

680LCB_xl.jpg

eyebrow pencil-I'm pretty sure it's MAC's creamy pencil
84947_abb_122_399lo.jpg

eyeshadow-I'm really not sure. It looks like a glittery white wash and a very light taupe color in the crease with a blond gold color in the outer corners of the eye and a bit underneath the lower lash line & a pinkish-white pencil to line the water line.
16jn4gp.jpg

27500_521_122_196lo.jpg
2eph7nr.jpg

2i7bt44.jpg

In the videos below you can see a mua use an eyeshadow out of a clear pot with a silver lid.
YouTube - Victoria's Secret Angels Descend Upon Miami
YouTube - Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2008: Models Get Ready

I have more pics, but I'm having some trouble with my computer. I'll ID more products hopefully later.

THANK YOU!!!

missbliss2

^ No problem! From the face chart that was posted above "supposedy" they used Goddess as a highlight/contour color then Mosaic Blush in Love Life, wild child, afterglow, and Heidi Klum Collection Blush in Jewels (I don't think they used all of them at once though lol). On the lips is Whisper lipstick with lipgloss in Intimate & Cupcake from Heidi Klum's collection for VS. The eyeshadow could probably be recreated by using the VS silky e/s in the face chart. By using "wink"/"chills" as a wash, "between the sheets" as a crease shade, & "champagne" or "mystified" as your highlight color.

Honey10

Quote:
^ No problem! From the face chart that was posted above "supposedy" they used Goddess as a highlight/contour color then Mosaic Blush in Love Life, wild child, afterglow, and Heidi Klum Collection Blush in Jewels (I don't think they used all of them at once though lol). On the lips is Whisper lipstick with lipgloss in Intimate & Cupcake from Heidi Klum's collection for VS. The eyeshadow could probably be recreated by using the VS silky e/s in the face chart. By using "wink"/"chills" as a wash, "between the sheets" as a crease shade, & "champagne" or "mystified" as your highlight color.

What do you think about the foundation, which brand they use? maybe MAC Face&body? and pressed or loose powder?

missbliss2

I just noticed something else with the mascara. They actually used two. The Maybelline was probably more to separate (b/c of the thin brush) and prime & the 2nd mascara that was applied I believe was L'Oreal's Voluminous Volume, seen below: (you can also see it in the pic above with the face chart)
dlxc9.jpg

6qxjb6.jpg

this mua on ale is using the Anastasia Brow Wiz
0,,15925989-EXH,00.jpg

Here are some backstage pics of the makeup tables, let me know if you can ID anything that I have left out that might help with the look.

v2mv5.jpg

MAC face and body liquid foundation, MAC studio fix powder in the back, their using NARS lipstick, Decleor Fresh Hydrating Mist, Elizabeth Arden Visible Whitening Refining Mask/Eight Hour Hand Cream, MAC lipglass in what looks like Florabundance, & I believe that's MAC strobe cream.

v3vy0.jpg

VS Mosiac e-s/blush & Heidi Klum's new blush from her line, VS lipglosses, the clear container with the black top is what the mua used on the eye's of the models in the youtube vids above (not id'ed yet), the Chanel compact I believe is Podre Precieuse gold highlighter....this picture below looks like they used this product on the tops of the cheeks:
212bf9c.jpg

close up pic
v4vt7.jpg

the white beads in the silver tin is probably Guerlain Butterfly highlighting pearls & L'Oreal liquid liner.

& of course everyone's favorite brush, lol. MAC 187...
2lwszk7.jpg

v5vu3.jpg

In these pics you can see Cargo Bronzer & another Decleor product which I think is the Hydra Floral eye cream or emulsion.
v6kq6.jpg

There was also tons of YSL touche eclat and Beauty Blender sponges backstage.
lol, it's like playing a game of I-spy. :
sneaky.gif

Honey10

Which website do you get the pics?

dlxc9.jpg

This eyeshadow seems like Ricepaper of MAC

mary04yw2.jpg

Which tone of foundation is? NW?

missbliss2

Most of these images are from getty or wireimage, they have been also posted at thefashionspot forums. I'm not sure about the foundation though. Does anyone recognize the lipstick tube used below, it looks like a really pretty color.

kkmakeju6.jpg

versace

i think i saw something that looks like cargo blush in coral beach but im really not sure.but i saw they used some nars blushes

thanks for noticing all this stuff
smiles.gif

Honey10

Quote:
Originally Posted by versace
i think i saw something that looks like cargo blush in coral beach but im really not sure.but i saw they used some nars blushes

thanks for noticing all this stuff
smiles.gif

2i7bt44.jpg

mary04yw2.jpg

Which make up base is nw 20 or nw25?

Honey10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honey10
2i7bt44.jpg

mary04yw2.jpg

Which make up base is nw 20 or nw25?

Which foudation use to get this skin? MAC Face & Body or Mineralize satinfinish foundation?

Dreamergirl3

Quote:

close up pic
v4vt7.jpg

the white beads in the silver tin is probably Guerlain Butterfly highlighting pearls & L'Oreal liquid liner.

The bottles with the black cap (one of them is upside down) I'm pretty sure are Armani Fluid Sheer

83707727.jpg

^those look like NARS Multiples

77942019.jpg

^more L'Oreal Voluminous

77933380.jpg

^Very Sexy eyeshadow

72584529.jpg

^looks like Victoria's Secret lipstick but I'm not 100% positive...

74668074.jpg

^Victoria's Secret lipgloss on Alessandra Ambrosio

72584703.jpg

^VS eyeshadow on Gisele

83705449.jpg

^looks like that might be a MAC eye pencil?

hth!
*edit* the links are being weird for me so I'll reupload them to my photobucket in a bit.

Latest posts