Vintage Vintagey Cosmetics, etc...

lizardprincesa

I wish I could afford this item on eBay (link below below ~below~).
I'd put it on my vanity
with my *very* small collection of vintage cosmetic items.

I have perfume of my grandmother's from the 1920's (bottom right, dark bottle, "Venus".) Heavy & Magical & in-definably sexy...
It's non-perfumey & I *know* I whiff ~my~ fragrance inside:
pure Patchouli Essential Oil...::swoon::

occasionally, I dab the potent potion in various secret places,
& I pretend I'm at a 20's Speakeasy.

I am currently obsessing over the 20's.
I am dying to find makeup tips to appear as a 20's Film Star, & I research, whenever I get the Time.

I'm dying to own a Flapper Dress, authentic. I had such a dress, all Black Lace, & quite fragile. I sold it on eBay 2 years or so ago. I also had a black
pillbox hat with veiling...nearly perfect condition. I sold that one via eBay to somebody in France.
I wish I'd have kept these items.
I didn't feel my 20's obsession then.

Lately, I realized my paternal grandmother, deceased since the 80's, must have been a Flapper ...or, she was stuck in the 20's.
Until she passed, she continued to do her hair & makeup
in the style of the 20's.
I didn't understand or appreciate it then; I was too too young. Damn!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
If a Timeline does exist, I realize it may be a Circle...
as a Circle is a Line...
If Time is on a Circular Line, what implications?! Perhaps we could then explain why fashions (not only in clothing, but in human behavior) come and go & leave & return, over & over, albeit recycled
to suit more contemporary tastes and technological advancements.

~~~~~~~~~~~

My vanity
smiles.gif
20's, 40's 60's 70's.

I also have a bottle of "hair perfume" from the 1930's. (eekBay acquisition).
I have it, and all the others, simply for their Magical Presence,
but not for use.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The rest are also eBay discoveries. :
I think the eyeliner is from Avon, 1940's. It's a Violet-coloured pencil. I tried to resist opening the package, but I fell. I haven't used it, tho.
(I'm not trying to sell any of this; I'm just telling you about it.)

All the Max Factor lip products are from the 1960's. They do smell kinda funky
winks.gif
, but I love how they look! The roll-on lip gloss is circa 1970.

I am *intrigued* by antique & vintage cosmetics and fashion.
I am sitting here wearing an authentic 1920's garment (sort of a sleeveless blousey thing which would have been worn beneath a corset.)
I have it on over a slinky long black dress (contemporary).
The garnent is in fantastic condition, save a couple *teensy* age marks...I'm unsure ~how~ best to wear it ( & I don't know ~where~ I'd wear it, as I am currently a prisoner
winks.gif
(only kidding, but

I am more than a bit isolated, &
unable to get out for a Romantic Evening with my hubby), for several reasons. I hope/know this changes soon. (I never lose Hope.) Many people have a ton more serious challenges...at least I am surrounded by Love.
smiles.gif

I have learned to be careful when wishing...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I wonder why I get stuck in other time periods. I guess it's fun!
The world is full of all kinds of people
winks.gif

Here is something I just found on eBay,
which I so so so wish I could afford.

Maybe one of you might like it! I know somebody else out there has an appreciation for antique/older items such as these. Check this out!
smiles.gif

*****I am not selling this item! I do not even know this seller. I'm posting this link ONLY to show it to someone who might be interested. I do realize it should probably be in the eBay thread, but my *chatter* (ramble) part of this post got the best of me. Please move if inappropriate here. Thanks
smiles.gif
CF
Vintage 1950 Max Factor Motion Picture Make Up Kit L@@K - eBay (item 310062680254 end time Jul-04-08 12:22:56 PDT)

If you feel anything like I do, please let me know.
smiles.gif
Thanks
smiles.gif

xxxCherylFaith

NicksWifey

You & I are in the same boat! I have some of my mom's makeup from the early 80s. Mostly Clarion and Merle Norman and some Mary Kay.
It's not so much about the vintage makeup for me that I enjoy, but I LOVE LOVE LOVE the vintage packaging. It's so nostalgic.
I recently found a tube of Maybelline's Kiss Gloss that I had in the early 90s. It was downstairs in the basement and it had gotten all dried up but I just got excited over seeing the old packaging, lol.

TamEva Le Fay

Cheryl have you ever been to the Max Factor Museum?
tong.gif

Of course, now called the Hollywood History Museum. If you haven’t - one of these grand ole’ days you must take the pilgrimage…it really is the end. I will never forget it for as long as I live! Below is an excerpt description of my favorite part of the museum lifted from their brochure:

******* You enter through dark marble archways; the small museum is divided into several rooms. They feature hundreds of autographed photos of famous stars (who were also studio clients), Max Factor magazine ads featuring Hollywood's leading ladies, dresses, wigs, magazine covers, a gleaming Oscar (which Max received himself in 1929 for his unique make-up), and glass cases displaying old-fashioned versions of Max Factor powders, perfumes, lipsticks and other products. Plus, there are a few unique items that border on the bizarre...
A pioneer in the field of movie make-up, Max Factor invented the first make-up used in a motion picture (a greasepaint in a tube), and went on to become the inventor of lip gloss, pancake make-up and false eyelashes.
The original Max Factor studio contained four special celebrity make-up rooms, each designed to bring out the best in women of a particular hair color: one room is labeled "For Blondes Only" (and is decorated in flattering shades of blue); other rooms are solely for redheads (done in mint green), brunettes (dusty rose pink), or brownettes (pale peach). These special rooms have been faultlessly preserved, and are complete with the original make-up chairs, settees, lights, and flattering, multi-angled mirrors. *******

Oh those four glorious rooms, they were amazing…really! They were displayed with the actual makeup of such stars as Rita Hayworth and Lucille Ball, Jean Harlow among others. Displayed there on their dressing room vanities as if they were to be expected at any moment to come in and sit down and continue primping right there in front of you.

The décor of these rooms were exquisite! Also, a highlight for me, you may want to sit down for this – Carmen Miranda’s famous Gold platform high heel shoes and bangles…Aaaaahhhhhhhhhh…swoon!!! She was sooo tiny, they were all just so tiny!

And then the costumes…my goodness the COSTUMES that they had on display…OMG!!! They had one of Marylyn Monroe’s velvet dresses turned inside OUT and displayed on the mannequin! You can’t even imagine such guts ‘n’ gore as they pertain to sew ‘n’ stitch. It was the wildest thing I’d ever seen – all the construction done to make that dress fit her! It was a study. I wanted that dress so badly…it was so much fun to see all that craziness going on underneath one of Marilyn’s fabulous gowns.
sigh.gif

I wanted to move into this museum and become the scullery maid or something…alas, reality had it’s way!
ssad.gif

I’m a huge collector of a 15 ½” fashion doll named Gene Marshall by Mel Odom who happens to be a fictitious movie Star from the ’20’s, ‘30’s, ‘40’s, and ‘50’s and there was a doll Convention for her there, which I attended, at the Biltmore Hotel in L.A. and I was lucky enough to have visited this Museum.
yes.gif

Here’s the link to their webpage:

http://www.seeing-stars.com/Museums/MaxFactor.shtml

coachkitten

I love vintage makeup packaging but I also love vintage makeup advertisements. Anytime I see one on ebay or at an antique store I will always pick it up. I usually frame them and put them in my bathroom.

TamEva Le Fay

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachkitten
I love vintage makeup packaging but I also love vintage makeup advertisements. Anytime I see one on ebay or at an antique store I will always pick it up. I usually frame them and put them in my bathroom.

I love it!

That must look very Cool!
yes.gif

lizardprincesa

Quote:
Originally Posted by TamEva Le Fay
Cheryl have you ever been to the Max Factor Museum?
tong.gif

OMGoddess! I didn't even know it existed! ::fantasizes buying plane ticket, arriving in California, &... ::
Quote:
Of course, now called the Hollywood History Museum. If you haven’t - one of these grand ole’ days you must take the pilgrimage…it really is the end. I will never forget it for as long as I live! Below is an excerpt description of my favorite part of the museum lifted from their brochure:

OMG I can't stand not being able to teleport myself!
winks.gif

Quote:
******* You enter through dark marble archways; the small museum is divided into several rooms. They feature hundreds of autographed photos of famous stars (who were also studio clients), Max Factor magazine ads featuring Hollywood's leading ladies, dresses, wigs, magazine covers, a gleaming Oscar (which Max received himself in 1929 for his unique make-up), and glass cases displaying old-fashioned versions of Max Factor powders, perfumes, lipsticks and other products. Plus, there are a few unique items that border on the bizarre...

OMG..I am picturing ...

drool, drool, drool! (I wonder what the "bizarre" - bordering items are!)

Quote:
A pioneer in the field of movie make-up, Max Factor invented the first make-up used in a motion picture (a greasepaint in a tube), and went on to become the inventor of lip gloss, pancake make-up and false eyelashes.

i wonder how many of us actually knew this?
I didn't (except for the pancake makeup) !
Thank You!

Quote:
The original Max Factor studio contained four special celebrity make-up rooms, each designed to bring out the best in women of a particular hair color: one room is labeled "For Blondes Only" (and is decorated in flattering shades of blue); other rooms are solely for redheads (done in mint green), brunettes (dusty rose pink), or brownettes (pale peach). These special rooms have been faultlessly preserved, and are complete with the original make-up chairs, settees, lights, and flattering, multi-angled mirrors. *******

Sounds like Heaven!

Quote:
Oh those four glorious rooms, they were amazing…really! They were displayed with the actual makeup of such stars as Rita Hayworth and Lucille Ball, Jean Harlow among others. Displayed there on their dressing room vanities as if they were to be expected at any moment to come in and sit down and continue primping right there in front of you.

Maybe they do arrive at Night, or whenever it's "after-hours"
winks.gif

:: Nearly Fainting:: I wish I could see this Heaven !

Quote:
The décor of these rooms were exquisite! Also, a highlight for me, you may want to sit down for this – Carmen Miranda’s famous Gold platform high heel shoes and bangles…Aaaaahhhhhhhhhh…swoon!!! She was sooo tiny, they were all just so tiny!

smiles.gif
I was standing, but I fell. I just couldn't take it!
heat.gif

People really were smaller in the past. I see that in clothing of all the decades, up to about the late 70's/early 80's. The advent of fast food?
I guess it's also due to vitamins, better nutrition...??

Quote:
And then the costumes…my goodness the COSTUMES that they had on display…OMG!!! They had one of Marylyn Monroe’s velvet dresses turned inside OUT and displayed on the mannequin! You can’t even imagine such guts ‘n’ gore as they pertain to sew ‘n’ stitch. It was the wildest thing I’d ever seen – all the construction done to make that dress fit her! It was a study. I wanted that dress so badly…it was so much fun to see all that craziness going on underneath one of Marilyn’s fabulous gowns.
sigh.gif

The dress shall be yours. I shall assist you.
winks.gif

" Ok remember...ok, remember...that we have just allowed,

half an hour, to get in do it and get out..
My sense of Adventure, is turning to Danger...
The signal has been given
I go in, the Crime begins...
My excitement, turns in-to fright, uh-oh, uh-oh..."

Kate Bush, "There Goes A Tenner"
winks.gif

Say when, & we'll make it so! (I get to have some of the clothing & makeup, tho, ok? 40% + Airfare?)

Quote:
I wanted to move into this museum and become the scullery maid or something…alas, reality had it’s way!
ssad.gif

TamEva, You are hysterical!
th_LMAO.gif
You're fabulous! xxx

Quote:
I’m a huge collector of a 15 ½” fashion doll named Gene Marshall by Mel Odom who happens to be a fictitious movie Star from the ’20’s, ‘30’s, ‘40’s, and ‘50’s and there was a doll Convention for her there, which I attended, at the Biltmore Hotel in L.A. and I was lucky enough to have visited this Museum.
yes.gif

I am turning all sorts of shades of Green! You ~are~ lucky!
If I ever see anything related to Gene Marshall, I'll let you know (but I'm sure you'll see it first
smiles.gif

Maybe someDay we can meet up & you can take me on a tour of these Heavenly Places.
smiles.gif

Quote:
Here’s the link to their webpage:

I'm there. But I can't look much now! grrr...but Later....Thanks so much for sharing all of this Wonder.

OMG!! Your post is completely amazing, info-packed, and fascinating!! You've shared a ton of knowledge, as well as Created visual, tactile images with your word-choices...In fact, I can imagine the sounds of the stars primping & chatting with each other, as well as the aromas of their makeup when all was fresh and new...I can nearly feel their nervous excitement, as they prepared to flirt with and perform for the camera...
.I want to 'see' all of the items you mentioned with *all* of my senses...I want to touch the items, to see what Energy they exude
(I can only Imagine)...

You are one fabulous writer, by the way, TamEva Le Fay
th_worship.gif

Thanks so much! xxxCherylFaithxxx

lizardprincesa

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms.marymac
Have you checked out Miss-Vintage.com ?

I love that site!

Thank You! That's a gorgeous site! I can hardly wait to look at it more.
smiles.gif

What I have so far seen is fabulous! Makeup tips and everything by Era! & The site is sooo pretty!

And my Lady, Theda Bara, is featured in the 1910 Gallery.
Thank You!!
smiles.gif

xxxCherylFaith

ms.marymac

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizardprincesa
Thank You! That's a gorgeous site! I can hardly wait to look at it more.
smiles.gif

What I have so far seen is fabulous! Makeup tips and everything by Era! & The site is sooo pretty!

And my Lady, Theda Bara is featured in the 1910 Gallery.
Thank You!!
smiles.gif

xxxCherylFaith

NP!
winks.gif

lizardprincesa

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantAffordMAC
That is SO cool....

I didnt even know Max Factor was out that long ago.

Yes! And you can see more about it in various places. I'm certain you'll find it on the site mentioned by the awesome TamEva Le Fay,

as well as on the site mentioned by the sweet ms.marymac.

[URL]http://www.miss-vintage.com/decades/1910s.htm
[/URL]

xxxCherylFaith

PS The 2nd link goes directly to a page where you can see who was the 1st woman to wear makeup on the silver screen, my 20's obsession actress , the woman whose look (or some of her looks; she did soo many) I'm trying to emulate, Theda Bara!!

**Thank You to the people who posted these photos. If any problem, let me know, & I'll take them down.**

At least some of the makeup Theda is wearing in these photos is Max Factor, as far as I understand it.
Theda%20Bara%20SALOME%20by%20Witzel%20%2801%29.jpg

[/color][/font]
newgrave6.jpg

Oddly enough, my Wedding Dress looked something like Theda's in the photo below!
( But mine was more Renaissancey. )

Bara111.jpg

Yes, one of the 1st, if not *the* 1st lady to wear makeup for the cinema, Theda Bara! (She is Haunting me...)
winks.gif

xxxCherylFaith
smiles.gif

lizardprincesa

These photos are for you, coachkitten , and for you, NicksWifey ( & anybody else who'd like them.
smiles.gif

I discovered a couple of old 1920's magazines ( Ladies' Home Journal ) & I sold them. I could kick myself for selling them! (Again, my obsession with the 20's looks hadn't yet begun.
ssad.gif

I don't know why the photo came out so tiny. I'll try to check it & enlarge.
LHJ26or27.jpg

Actually, the next one is from a 1960's magazine, which I gave to my mom. I do have more pics of the 20's mag ads, tho. I should search for them...

I'm pretty sure this was for Max Factor, during the psychedelic part of the 60's....

*Check it out, CantAffordMAC.*
smiles.gif

LHJ60%27sMaybeMAX.jpg

This one came from a 1970's *copy* of the 1890 XMas Edition of Ladies' Home Journal. I know this one's more about Fashion,
but I couldn't contain myself.
winks.gif

LHXmas1890.jpg

xxxCF

PomPoko

Great post! Love your collection of stuff lizardprincesa.

I love vintage cosmetics and beauty items. I find them fascinating and beautiful. I have done since I was about 10.

My grandma passed away at about that time, and she was terrible for hoarding things (which is clearly where I got it from!) and when going through her stuff she had some lovely things, which my Mom let me keep.

Included were various perfume bottles, a lovely cream leather case, which inside had several vintage Elizabeth Arden cosmetic bottles and a lovely powder compact. (I don't know if the case is what they originally came in, but i think it is.) and a manicure set.

Unfortunately I don't know where the keys to the case are at present
ssad.gif
but I've taken some pictures of the few little things I can find. If I can find the keys I will take some pictures of the bottles and things inside the case!

It's funny you should have posted this now, as I was digging them all out yesterday, as I got a new (well, old really!) dressing table, which is apparently 1960's, and I wanted to put them on there since I figured it all went
greengrin.gif

Heres a few pictures, please excuse the quality of the camera, I used my phone camera as I'm not sure where my digicam went! Also the random Lipgloss in the background. I was half asleep when I took these pictures!

New/old dressing table, just cos I am showing it to everyone as I love it to pieces
greengrin.gif

Elizabeth arden "My Love" perfume bottle. The other one is just a pretty perfume vial.

The Elizabeth Arden perfume not in its little holder, and the Nail Crayon from the Manicure set
smiles.gif

Manicure set. Its a bit rusty :-/

Case, and rolled up manicure set

and that is the bits of my collection I can find. I've got a few other bits and pieces packed away still from when I moved from my parents. I'd love to see more vintage stuff. Keep posting away everyone
greengrin.gif

lizardprincesa

Quote:
Originally Posted by PomPoko
Great post! Love your collection of stuff lizardprincesa.

I love vintage cosmetics and beauty items. I find them fascinating and beautiful. I have done since I was about 10.

My grandma passed away at about that time, and she was terrible for hoarding things (which is clearly where I got it from!) and when going through her stuff she had some lovely things, which my Mom let me keep.

Included were various perfume bottles, a lovely cream leather case, which inside had several vintage Elizabeth Arden cosmetic bottles and a lovely powder compact. (I don't know if the case is what they originally came in, but i think it is.) and a manicure set.

Unfortunately I don't know where the keys to the case are at present
ssad.gif
but I've taken some pictures of the few little things I can find. If I can find the keys I will take some pictures of the bottles and things inside the case!

It's funny you should have posted this now, as I was digging them all out yesterday, as I got a new (well, old really!) dressing table, which is apparently 1960's, and I wanted to put them on there since I figured it all went
greengrin.gif

Your dressing table/vanity looks so Art Deco. Sooo pretty! I think I love 60's stuff because it seems to echo the 1920's!
smiles.gif

My vanity is from the 40's, dark wood. It came with a little chair. I must take a photo. It has rounded mirrors & lots of spooky/fun/beautiful vibes. (Yes, I am crazy.
winks.gif

Quote:
Heres a few pictures, please excuse the quality of the camera, I used my phone camera as I'm not sure where my digicam went! Also the random Lipgloss in the background. I was half asleep when I took these pictures!

New/old dressing table, just cos I am showing it to everyone as I love it to pieces
greengrin.gif

Elizabeth arden "My Love" perfume bottle. The other one is just a pretty perfume vial.

The Elizabeth Arden perfume not in its little holder, and the Nail Crayon from the Manicure set
smiles.gif

Manicure set. Its a bit rusty :-/

Case, and rolled up manicure set

and that is the bits of my collection I can find. I've got a few other bits and pieces packed away still from when I moved from my parents. I'd love to see more vintage stuff. Keep posting away everyone
greengrin.gif

How exquisite! & How very lovely to find other like-spirited people like you!
smiles.gif
I love 1960's stuff, among others. (It does not seem you were half asleep when you took the photos-they're great. Hope you find your digicam.)

My mom has a collection of perfume bottles, too. I think a few must be quite old.

I am going to have to take a closer look at your intriguing photos (LOVE the vanity!) a bit later, as my son is calling me, impatient to go out.
Thank you sooo much for posting these photos!
Yes, I also hope others do, as well.

Please send my Love to Birmingham, birthplace of my most beloved men in the Universe ( hubby & son )
smiles.gif
& Please say his to the big, many-floored Boots in "Town," & to the tresure-trove charity shops (I bet you'd find some incredible vintagey finds within those...I'm jealous
winks.gif

I will be back to look some more. Hope your Day is beautiful! CherylFaithxxx

lizardprincesa

I think I mentioned a bottle of 1930's "Hair perfume"....the little bottle came in a lot with the 60's Max Factor lip makeup. (eekBay acquisition)
smiles.gif

VariousVintageVanity30%27sperfume2.jpg

VariousVintageVanity30%27sperfume.jpg

I have *not* used this perfume on my hair, nor anywhere on my body. It has a faint perfumey aroma.

I wonder who used these Treasures, what their lives were like, etc etc etc !!!
I wonder who will have my surviving cosmetics when I leave this Life...
xxxCF

PomPoko

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizardprincesa
Your dressing table/vanity looks so Art Deco. Sooo pretty! I think I love 60's stuff because it seems to echo the 1920's!
smiles.gif

My vanity is from the 40's, dark wood. It came with a little chair. I must take a photo. It has rounded mirrors & lots of spooky/fun/beautiful vibes. (Yes, I am crazy.
winks.gif

How exquisite! & How very lovely to find other like-spirited people like you!
smiles.gif
I love 1960's stuff, among others. (It does not seem you were half asleep when you took the photos-they're great. Hope you find your digicam.)

My mom has a collection of perfume bottles, too. I think a few must be quite old.

I am going to have to take a closer look at your intriguing photos (LOVE the vanity!) a bit later, as my son is calling me, impatient to go out.
Thank you sooo much for posting these photos!
Yes, I also hope others do, as well.

Please send my Love to Birmingham, birthplace of my most beloved men in the Universe ( hubby & son )
smiles.gif
& Please say his to the big, many-floored Boots in "Town," & to the tresure-trove charity shops (I bet you'd find some incredible vintagey finds within those...I'm jealous
winks.gif

I will be back to look some more. Hope your Day is beautiful! CherylFaithxxx

Yes, I love the fact the dressing table looks really swirly and pretty and art deco! I love the fact its genuinely old and well loved ^_^ and it was a bargain as well!

Vintage perfume bottles are so pretty in general! I wish I could find my other perfume bottles to put out! For now I have to make do with my pretty modern ones. Plus the perfume smells a bit better in them :p

Ah, yes, birminghams charity shops! I do love them! I live in Northfield (don't know if you ever came over that way!) and we have many charity shops on the high street! They have some awesome things in them, I just have to resist or I'd have a house full of bits and bobs I'd bought on a whim in the charity shop
winks.gif

Birmingham sends love back
smiles.gif

lizardprincesa

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms.marymac
Have you checked out Miss-Vintage.com ?

I love that site!

That site keeps getting better and better! I find it really inspiring! Every time I go back, I discover a new feature. Yesterday, I was looking at the photo gallery from the 20's, & the one from the 30's.....wowowow!
It's awesome!

Isn't it funny how men's fashion never seems to change quite as drastically?

Anyway, thanks again, sweet ms.marymac, for that Treasure - link!
smiles.gif

xxxCherylFaith

lizardprincesa

Oooh! Today's mail brought me two Treasures from England!
I must now curtail my eBay browsing, as my SM (SoulMate)
winks.gif
has found a new/used little car, leaving us pretty tapped out.
We need it,tho, where we live.
I'm stuck in the house most of the time with my little guy.

BUT....before the car, came the Discovery of these mags.
One is from Portugal, 1929, I believe, and the other one is a British movie mag, 1920. The British magazine contains a photo of my lady, Theda Bara, and the Portuguese mag shows Clara Bow on the front page.

When I hold the magazines, my fingers tingle....
I really do ~feel~ something...

I've taken a few photos of the magazine pages, which I hope to post soon.
I wish I could find more makeup closeups within the pics, but I hope some of the photos might help anyone who's interested, as I am...
Another slip of mine (pre-auto) earlier this month, was none other than MAC's Hot Contrast MES!

I find many ways to wear this elegant item...
I think Theda Bara would have enjoyed MAC cosmetics...

(Theda Bara did tire of being typecast as a vamp, & went on to act in a few *straighter roles,* as I understand, but I must research further.)

I LOVE the makeup on these ladies! I also have a fabulous photo of Mary Pickford I'll soon post, from one of the magazines.
You can see her makeup, especially her lipstick, very well in the photo.
Time has been kind to these Treasures,
and the previous owners have well-preserved them...

Happy Night/Day to all! CherylFaithxxx

RetroPinup

Thanks for sharing! I love anything vintage!
Before I knew about MAC (when I was in high school) I used Revlon and Coty since they have been around forever. And they had some of the same lipsticks colors that were popular in the `1950's!

lizardprincesa

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetroPinup
Thanks for sharing! I love anything vintage!
Before I knew about MAC (when I was in high school) I used Revlon and Coty since they have been around forever. And they had some of the same lipsticks colors that were popular in the `1950's!

Thank *you* for sharing ! I used Revlon, Cover Girl, & Maybelline back in high school. I think I had a perfume by Coty, as well,
(before I discovered Patchouli essential oil).
My nearly 96-yr-old grandma (she soo doesn't look her age) still uses Maybelline mascara.

So cool that they continued the same colors from the 1950's.

Even tho I am definitely a boda-fide Mac-aholic, I still feel drawn to the cosmetics aisles in the drugstores, & I feel ~love~ when I'm perusing the brands which have been around forever...They have stood the test of time for a reason! I still use ( & probably always will) drugstore mascaras, & a few other products... I feel sorta sad when I see a *traditional* company trying to compete with MAC & high-end products with newer packaging & products...

The other Day, I picked up a couple of those black eyeliner/brow pencils, the little red ones by Maybelline. I started using them in high school, (much to my mother's chagrin). I rarely use anything but liquid liner these Days, but I just had to have these to look at...they make me smile, whenever I see them.
smiles.gif
Who is going to be looking at my makeup someDay (if Mortality has his way, that is.)
winks.gif

xxxCF

Latest posts