Vitamins

x20Deepx

I take that huge GNC multivitamin for women as well as a chewy calcium supplement, and I drink a good amount of vitamin water. I think I'm going to get an MSM supplement as well.

melly_x

Holland & Barret ABC Plus multi-vitamind and multi-mineral
smiles.gif

inbigtrouble

For a multi, I like Source Naturals Advanced One Multiple. I also take Health From the Sun Total EFA daily and Solgar Calcium/Magnesium/Vitamin D. I have recently added Yerba Prima Fiber Plus to my regimen, after I was told that increased fiber intake would help my cholesterol level. I usually drink a couple of Emergen-C's a day, too.

luminious

I take One-A-Day Women's. It says it helps with energy, skin, the reproductive system and other stuff so I just started taking them. I have a feeling smoking with them is bad because my heart seems to race now.

luminious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rank_as
Lol, I take so many tablets its insane.

I'm lactose intolerant [its a bitch] so I take
calcium, and then;
iron
vit c
vit e
cod liver oil
zinc
evening primrose
Multibionta for my unstable digestive system lol
A hair, skin and nails one which is just herbal
And a joint one
magnesium
multiminerals
and a vit b complex
and I'm good to go.

I can dry swallow heh. I'm sure they are all placebos though!

I'm lactose intolerant too. I didn't know I needed all that lol

Wattage

I am currently taking (daily):

1 mg folic acid
3000 mcg biotin

Sometimes I take vitman C. I also need to start some vitamin E, I have just been so busy, it's hard to get down to GNC.

Other than that, I eat 1/2 cup of ground flax every morning for my omega 3, I also drink So Nice unsweetened soy milk, 2 cups a day. If you ever get a chance, it is the best quality soy out there. It doesn't even taste like those powdery soy drinks that are out there. Take a peak at the nutritional info on the back - this stuff is like liquid vitamins.

'Nessa - do you drink soy? If you are LI and want to try soy, I recommend giving this one a whirl. It's loaded with calcium and lotsa stuff - so good for you!

greengrin.gif
I love soy milk!!

luminious

I used to drink soy milk, but I don't like the taste of it nor do I like the taste of regular milk.

The Vanilla Soy Milk is good though as long as its in something.

Blush

Just a question: for those of you who take several pills a day:

-When do you take them?
-Do you take all of them at the same time?

Thanks.

Wattage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blush

-When do you take them?

Thanks.

I always take my vitamins with food and plenty of water, most of them I take in the morning. The only one I take in the evening is the other 1500 mcg of biotin (I take 1500 x2/day) because these vitamins are water soluble. Other vitamins that I take, such as vitamin E and folic acid, I take in the morning, all together
smiles.gif

pink-xpong

most of the multi's u guys are taking arent all getting absorbed..like centrum and the flinstone ones..theyre all man made...not the real vitamin..
but i take mega mens athletes multi(6 fucking times a day)
womens mega multi gel capsuls(1)

Tyester

Before the keys on my keyboard fall off... (in order, each day)

5:45am 2 MAN Scorch, 1 lowdose Aspirin
7:00am during breakfast - 1 Daily One(twinlab), 1 C1000
8:45am 3 Alpha Male, 1 Carbolin-19
11:30am C1000
12:45pm 2 MAN Scroch, 1 lowdose Aspirin
2:30pm 3 Alpha Male, 1 Carbolin-19
3:00pm 2/3 servings NOXplode
4:00pm 2 MAN Scorch, 1 lowdose Aspirin
5:00pm 1 Daily One
8:00pm C1000

And about 1.5 gallons of water, also thankfully it's my last week on the Alpha Male/Carbolin cycle AND current workout program that's killing me.

ninabruja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blush

-When do you take them?

Thanks.

vitamins are not a one size fits all routine. for example, fat soluable ones need to be taken literally, in the middle of a meal. otherwise you might as well not be taking it.

ninabruja

Quote:
Originally Posted by pink-xpong
most of the multi's u guys are taking arent all getting absorbed..like centrum and the flinstone ones..theyre all man made...not the real vitamin..
but i take mega mens athletes multi(6 fucking times a day)
womens mega multi gel capsuls(1)

heh.. agreed. those brands are pretty crap. i work in a health food store, though, so i'm biased.

Jessica

The best way to get all of your essential vitamins and minerals is to eat a wide assortment of fruits and vegetables. If you consume meat, limiting red meat (high in Omega 6 fatty acids) intake and including meats that are high in Omega 3 fatty acids such as Salmon. Taking pills certainly is easier than making sure that we eat X amount of fruits and veggies, but in the long run we get better results from the natural sources. HTH

Jessica

Tyester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica
The best way to get all of your essential vitamins and minerals is to eat a wide assortment of fruits and vegetables. If you consume meat, limiting red meat (high in Omega 6 fatty acids) intake and including meats that are high in Omega 3 fatty acids such as Salmon. Taking pills certainly is easier than making sure that we eat X amount of fruits and veggies, but in the long run we get better results from the natural sources. HTH

Jessica

Unless you buy fruit and vegatables that came from areas where soil depletion is a problem.

Then you can just take a mutlivitamen and be done with it.
smiles.gif

Jessica

Tye, don't be a jackass. If you consult with any homeopathic nutritionist, they almost never recommend simply taking a MVI unless you refuse to change your diet or there is someother health concern.

Tyester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica
Tye, don't be a jackass. If you consult with any homeopathic nutritionist, they almost never recommend simply taking a MVI unless you refuse to change your diet or there is someother health concern.

:roll: So sad, I wasn't being a jackass. But it really isn't that complicated unless your pushing your body to it's peak level of performance.

rofl.gif

Jessica

:loveya: :hump:
eyelove.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyester
:roll: So sad, I wasn't being a jackass. But it really isn't that complicated unless your pushing your body to it's peak level of performance.

rofl.gif

Latest posts