Viva Glam VI - quite soft (with update from MAC)

trishee03

I went to buy VGVI and they told me that they were sent back because it was a "bad batch". So maybe every batch was bad...

cinnamongurlee

Update soft Viva Glam VI lipsticks

Well i got a very different response when i emailed MAC regarding how soft these lipsticks are. if you have any further info, i'd really appreciate it, as i am uncertain as to whether or not they will take it back at my local counter.

edited to add...if they are recalled, i want a new one. but if they aren't i guess i will stick with my old broken one
smiles.gif

Dear Ms...xxx,

Thank you for taking the time to contact Mac.

While we are pleased you selected Viva Glam VI, we regret to learn you
found the formulation to be too soft. Be assured that all Mac products are produced under the supervision of our Quality Assurance Laboratories. Before any merchandise is released for distribution, it must meet our high product performance standards regarding safety, efficacy, aesthetics and ease of application. We are in the process of further investigating this problem.

We value you as our consumer and hope your experience will not prevent you from looking to Mac for your cosmetic needs.

Once again, thank you for this opportunity to respond to your concerns. We hope you will continue to enjoy and have confidence in our quality products.

Sincerely,

Andrea Linder
Consumer Communications

JediFarfy

My Charm Factor is leaning too. I was going to get VGVI, but maybe I'll wait a week to get a better batch.

User20

One of our counters completely sold out of them (I was really surprised). I wanted to buy one, but since I read the first thread, I decided not to b/c I've already been dealing with Bare Venus, which broke, and another soft lippie from Lancome - I hate how it squishes against the side, so messy.

Anyhow, I hope that they can mend the problem b/c it's a blow to the VG lippies (and I still want one lol)

ladybugz07

Hmm, mine is alright so far. I'll definitely be more careful with it now though. Thanks for letting us know!

Winthrop44

I went to a counter about 2 hours away from me this past weekend and showed the MA the chewed up looking base of my VGVI. She was very surprised...had not heard about any issue with the product. I think maybe very few were affected.

bebs

I bought mine within the week that it came out and it seems fine, I've used it a few times. so maybe like said in a few post it wasnt all of them though it is softer then other lipsticks.. maybe instead of applying it normally might want to use a lip brush or something if this is a problem

DOLLface

Now that I've had mine for a couple of weeks I've used it several times, and there have been no problems with it.

sexypuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winthrop44
I think maybe very few were affected.

you are certainly right. i got my 1st lipstick the day it launched and it broke the next day. that day i got another one that i have been using ever since without a problem. My sister also used it when she was visiting. she liked it so much she bought 1 when she left.

Sushi_Flower

That happened to my Touch lipstick, i keep meaning to melt it into a pot so i can use it but never get round to it.

Anyone got any ideas of how i can actually stick it back into the base and make it stay?

Winthrop44

Ordered another VGVI l/s from the web site and it came today. What a difference -- none of that softness at all! I love VGVI!
eyelove.gif

Latest posts