Weight Loss Group

SkylarV217

Quote:
Originally Posted by pretebrowneyes
So....I quit smoking. I know it ws metioned to give up a food related vice....but I'm not ready to give up my coffee (if ever) so smoking it is. I feel like that's going to give me more energy and empty time...time to move around more, lol.

Hey , I think we'd much rather you give up smoking .... its far worse for you than any food could ever be =) . I hope you are doing well... Keep up the good work !

feenin4makeup

Quote:
Originally Posted by pretebrowneyes
So....I quit smoking. I know it ws metioned to give up a food related vice....but I'm not ready to give up my coffee (if ever) so smoking it is. I feel like that's going to give me more energy and empty time...time to move around more, lol.

Saturday, after walking my Herbie....my and my bf helped feenin4makeup move so we had the usual mover's delight...pizza and wine, lol. Ate badly...but walked earlier in the day with my dog and did some working out helping with the move.

First off, YAY FOR THE NEW NON-SMOKER!! Very proud of my friend!
thmbup.gif

Second, this moving crap has really been making a difference in my weight loss progress. Since starting all this moving preparation, I've been going up and down the stairs with boxes and I can really tell that it gets easier and easier. I haven't had time to go to the gym because of the move but I think I'm working out just as hard, if not more. It's amazing how much easier it is for me to go up and down the stairs without being winded and sometimes I even half run to get my heart going a little. Every little bit counts!!

pretebrowneyes

thank you thank you.....it's kinda rough but this support really helps, lol

now, what's this november challenge...or what post is it? I want in...

glam8babe

i've decided im gonna try and lose 14lbs (a stone) before christmas

today i woke up so late! (like 2pm) lol and i've had a jelly pot (10 cals)
because my mums making me a huge sunday roast dinner.. even though it's not sunday but i can't wait for it!
then later i'm stayin at my boyfriends.. probs end up having something junk wise there but im gonna start doing my workout dvd tomorrow, usually for workouts i do sit ups, lunges etc. i need to start working harder

feenin4makeup

Quote:
Originally Posted by glam8babe
i've decided im gonna try and lose 14lbs (a stone) before christmas

today i woke up so late! (like 2pm) lol and i've had a jelly pot (10 cals)
because my mums making me a huge sunday roast dinner.. even though it's not sunday but i can't wait for it!
then later i'm stayin at my boyfriends.. probs end up having something junk wise there but im gonna start doing my workout dvd tomorrow, usually for workouts i do sit ups, lunges etc. i need to start working harder

A good way to plan for this roast dinner is to not have any bread or potatoes. That way, you could eat the roast and not feel as guilty! That sounds so yummy!
drools.gif

Growing Wings

Good luck with the not smoking pretebrowneyes!

feenin4makeup, stairs are excellent exercise. I was at my lightest weight when I lived on the third floor in uni accommodation. People used to comment on how great I looked every time I went home, and I'm sure it was going up and down those stairs so often that did it!

glam8babe, I'm with you on the roast dinner. I think that's one thing I could not give up. The way I see it, is it's still a lot of veg, right?
tong.gif

glam8babe

yeh i love them
greengrin.gif
i think the best thing to do though is eat all the veg first, then once you are full you won't end up eating as much of the other stuff such as potato etc.

Amiepots

^ that makes me feel so guilty! I just went to the Toby Carvery for lunch and had the biggest plate full of food ever for a fiver
ssad.gif

Anyway im joining this
Im 20 and 5'6"
3 weeks ago I was 12 stone // 168 lb
now im 11 stone 6 // 160 lb

Things Ive done:
- brought my own food to work
- wii fit!
- started morning jogging
- avoided eating LOADS of chocolate (I eat it, but limit it instead of guzzling)

Goal Weight = 9 stone / 126 lb

SkylarV217

Ok Ladies, I resisted the urge to to stop at the campus coffee shop and passed it for the little store, instead of a big sugary coffee drink I opted for a power-aid .... I think in the end it was a better choice. A hard one but a little bit better. I walked about 1/2 a mile in the rain lol.... and its still raining so no biking today. I'm fixing a pot roast for dinner, I think that is pretty low fat and healthy please correct me if I am wrong ....

glambabe- sorry for sounding ignorant but what is a jellypot

glam8babe

omg i LOVE the Toby Carvery, i wish i went there more often lol
dont feel guilty
smiles.gif

do you think the wii fit has helped? im not sure if i should get one because i've heard mixed reviews

glam8babe

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkylarV217

glambabe- sorry for sounding ignorant but what is a jellypot

i think it's what you guys call 'Jell-o'

basically just jello and it's 10 calories in a lil pot you can get lots of flavours

feenin4makeup

Quote:
i think it's what you guys call 'Jell-o'

basically just jello and it's 10 calories in a lil pot you can get lots of flavours

I was thinking the same thing! That's cute; Imma start calling Jell-O a jelly pot.
cutey.gif

feenin4makeup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amiepots
^ that makes me feel so guilty! I just went to the Toby Carvery for lunch and had the biggest plate full of food ever for a fiver
ssad.gif

Anyway im joining this
Im 20 and 5'6"
3 weeks ago I was 12 stone // 168 lb
now im 11 stone 6 // 160 lb

Things Ive done:
- brought my own food to work
- wii fit!
- started morning jogging
- avoided eating LOADS of chocolate (I eat it, but limit it instead of guzzling)

Goal Weight = 9 stone / 126 lb

I really want to get a Wii so I can try the Wii fit. Do you really like it? How is it? I'm dying to try it out.

sloan

Hi everyone!
Just checking in...went to the lake last weekend and ate A LOT OF FOOD. Not all bad, but I did chow down on salt & vinegar chips
ssad.gif

The good part was that we went on a 13K hike (6.5K in, mostly uphill, and 6.5K out, mostly downhill...my favourite) one day, and went walking/exploring around the other day, and kayaking. It was so nice to get out of town!

Do any of you struggle with getting back ON your eating plan once you cheat? I mean, instead of thinking, "Wow...I just ate something bad. I'm gonna get right back to eating healthy," my brain goes, "Wow...I just ate something bad. Guess the diet's off for today! What else can I eat??" LOL. And then that one bad day turns into two, etc. and before I know it, I'm not eating healthy at ALL anymore. Grrrrrr...

Hope everyone's having a great week so far! I'm starting my gym program on Thursday
yes.gif

sloan

I am still off the DP. I saw one at the grocery store and I actually think that my mouth started to water, but I'm not sure.
I've done my 10 minutes and I'm in a pretty shitty mood. But, I know it is just because this is my 3rd day without a DP in about 4 years and I want one so bad. It is pretty much just mental at this point. Yeah, I feel a bit crappy, but the emotional side of me is what wants the damn drink.
quote]

I TOTALLY understand the DP situation...hang in there! It does get easier
winks.gif

For me, it's Pepsi...it's like my whole world of happiness is encased within that one little can, and not having it ruins my life! Physically, I get over the headaches pretty quickly from not having that sugar/caffeine, but you're right - emotionally, it SUCKS!

LaPrincessa

Oooh i wanna join this..
Im 20, 5ft n weigh 9 st 5lbs n wanna lose about a stone
I always start healthy eating n keep a diary but then i always give up so maybe doing it with other people will help.. Today I had

Breakfast:
Banana and a coffee because I slept in n was late for work

Lunch
Jacket Potato with prawns and salad,, but it was probs quite fattening bcoz the prawns had sauce on

Dinner
Quorn Casserole with brown rice

Snacks: Grapes

I went to the gym and did 10 mins on rower, 20 on the cross trainer and 10 on bike

I think im gonna start takin my own lunches to work because its easier to be healthy n might save money too

PS.. does anyone know how to get rid of that fat near your armpit? Im wearing a strapless dress for my friends bday party soon n i wana get rid of it!

Brittni

LaPrincessa... too many carbs (grapes and potatoes and rice) ... try to balance better!!

Hi everyone! Just checking in. Ugh, the bottom 1/2 of my belly (the "pooch" area LOL) feels sooo bloated today. I hate that feeling. Tonight is weight-in and measuring for me as it's my LAST session with my PT as she's getting maried and going to Europe for a vacation! I'm excited to see if there's any different, though I highly doubt it in my belly area. *MAJOR SIGH* I am hopeful I have at least lost 1lb though. That'd bring me to 8lbs total lost. Also I have *TEN* days until my friend comes to visit me so my GOAL is going to be to excersize EVERY day and make sure I stick to my Atkins by getting enough of my veggies!!! I really want my damn ketostix!!! Grrr! Can't wait til the TRO gets the horrible roomie out so I can get my stuff from that house! Ohh goshhhhh, to be in a size 9 by next week Friday would just be like too good to be true LOL. (I can squeeze into some of my 9's... but I don't wear sh!t that gives muffin tops! ick!)

As for excersize wise...I really, really wanna make sure I *RUN* every day. I know that's a quick fat-blasting thing and I used to run a mile in 7:36 when I was skinny. lol. Now I run at 6.5 mph...lame

Willa

Can I join too?
yahoo.gif

It would help me a lot to talk about it with all of you in the group.
I've been struggeling with hyperphagia trouble (excess eating) all my life but only discovered about it 3 months ago. My bf helps me a lot with it
smiles.gif
but reading and chatting with you will help much more.

My goals are to stop eating my emotions
I have about 100 pounds to lose, but I wanna do it slowly so I can deal with it better. I already lost 6 pounds since last week but I think it was lots of water retention.

Another goal that I fixed myself : eat less salt
I eat waaaaayyyyyyy too much salt... it's crazy!
I started buying spices and ''no salt'' like Mr Dash stuff to eat less salty. It's working, and taste better!

I don't want to be on a diet or a program, I prefer eating better, more veggies and fruits, less candies, chocolate and greasy stuff. Also, I want to reduce my portions. Again, my man helps me a lot on that.

I walk 30 minutes a day, no choice, I walk to go to work
It's not enought but it's a good start.

So, here it is
winks.gif

glam8babe

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaPrincessa
PS.. does anyone know how to get rid of that fat near your armpit? Im wearing a strapless dress for my friends bday party soon n i wana get rid of it!

i would LOVE to know this too

feenin4makeup

Quote:
i would LOVE to know this too

Unfortunately, spot reduction (losing weight in one particular spot) is not possible. You will lose weight in the order you put it on, i.e. if the last place you put on weight is your belly, that's the first place it will come off and so on... You can exercise and lift weights and that will help you look more tone and muscle helps you burn fat of course but if you don't lose the fat, the muscle just sits underneath the fat. So, the short answer is, there is not much you can do about fat in a particular place except to maybe exercise to help it look better. Sucks, I know...