Weight Loss Group

TISH1124

Quote:
Originally Posted by hr44
Okay sooo I'm so IN on the Nov challenge, especially since I'll be 25 that month...

but I'm in a bit of a trouble spot...

I have 3 younger brothers... all fit to the T and well food is always in supply...

Temptation is just BAM right there... to say the least...

I'm doing fine with the gym. I do my cardio for 30mins (even though I HATE it over strength training)... I try for 3-5 times.. of course... I only do 3.
(This week, my thighs and triceps took a beating and I was sore for 2 days.)

It's just the intake of food... I don't pig out... but I'll have like these random moments of just picking up a small this and that...and it's NEVER the good stuff...and I'll get CRAZY urges... and at times I'm like... so what?

what do you guys tell yourself to NOT do that?

Girl....I am right there with you! No snacks in the house but I munch here and there..... I tell myself... " A moment on the Lips...A Lifetime on the HIPS!" Does that work...HELL NO!!! But I keep saying it....I also have a thin picture of me on the frig and on the bathroom mirror.

TISH1124

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkylarV217
)= I got on the scale tonight and it came up 131.... i was soo excited ... then thinking i went from 144 - 131 in one week was not right.... So i checked the scale in it was partly on a rug ... =( . I'm hoing to make it to 130 soon =) ... Going bike riding tomorrow and have to walk around campus.

I think I will put mine halfway on the rug....maybe it will make me feel better
drools.gif

Did you guys take before pictures? I did and man I never thought I was this big until I saw me on the screen...Thunder Thighs!!!

mocha_queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Growing Wings
Wow, I'm so impressed with how well everyone is doing! Especially those of you who are doing all that exercise. You guys seem to be getting better at this every day. And to those of you who have cut things out of you diet (fizzy drinks in particular), stay strong. Things like that can make such a difference.

How did you guys do with the midnight snacking? I'm pleased to say that I didn't get up in the night once (although that may have been due to the half a bottle of red wine I drank in the evening
th_LMAO.gif
). So far this morning all I've had is a bowl of cereal. Today I'm already facing my first hurdle. My friend is taking me to the cinema and then for a pub lunch. So the plan is, to walk to the shops and get a small bottle of water to take to the cinema so I don't buy fizzy drinks (and that's my 4min walk done too), and then to try and be sensible when I get to the pub.

I weighed myself today and was horrified at how much I've put on. I'm 9 stone 8, (134 pounds I think). I've never been that heavy before. Last summer before getting really ill my goal was to get down to 8 stone - losing about 7 pounds. Seeing how much I've put on has made me so frustrated with being ill. I used to walk a couple of miles a day, and now I'm battling to stay out of a wheel chair. Just gotta try and stay positive I spose.

Mocha Queen, congrats on all the weight you've lost already. How strenuous was the yoga you did? I'm trying to find some form of exercise I can do which won't make my ME worse, and something like yoga or pilates may just work.

Hey! Thank you
smiles.gif

You should try light stretching exercises the first two weeks and then try going onto more complex poses.
I started with an hour a day and still continue with that
http://psyfraggle.files.wordpress.co...yanamaskar.jpg
This is a great exercise for losing some weight.
Those twelve steps count as 1, try starting with 4 or 5 a day
Good luck! and Im sure you'll do well
heart.gif

SingFrAbsoltion

Okay so I'm done with partying for now, I'm concentrating on my health. I've been feeling a lot better but the weight still isn't coming off. I was sore for the last couple of days from exercising, today I'll try to do it more.

SkylarV217

when I get home this afternoon, I'm going to get the measuring tape out and measure all my parts ..... I hope that will give me some more motivation... I'm not sure if i wanna post or not.... but if i do you lady's will know what sort of progress or lack thereof i may be making...

rbella

I am truly losing it over here. I am on day 5 of my plan and this is where things get "sticky". I'm fine during the day, but around 8pm until I go to sleep, all I want to do is snack. Finally, last night I ate two pieces of white bread (I know) because I couldn't take it anymore. I felt so bad afterwards. I wasn't even hungry. And to top it off, it was 2am!!!!!!!!!!! That is ridiculous.

I have to start going to sleep earlier and I have to stop eating after 8 or 9 at night. That is non-negotiable at this point. The only positive is that it wasn't my typical late-night run to the store for candy or ice cream.

Still no DP's. Still doing good on plan for Weight Watchers. Bloated b/c it is almost that time of the month. Afraid to weigh myself. Not motivated to exercise.

Working on motivation and late night eating. I think I'm getting to the point where I'm cool without the DP's.

melliquor

Hey everybody... how is everybody doing today?

Rbella - Congrats on another day w/out dp... so proud of you. Why don't you get some WW sweets or cakes... they are only about 1 pt and not too bad to snack on... you won't feel so guilty for eating it.

I had a busy day again today... went to the westend to go shopping and did tons of walking around. I did have a big fryup for breakfast but didn't have any lunch yet and will just have vegetable soup and salad and none of that is any points... i shouldn't go over today. I haven't checked my points yet but i am sure that i earned lots for all the walking that i did... we were gone for about 6 hours and I had to do a few hours of walking... i hardly sat down except for breakfast.

I had my weigh in today and lost 1 lb... very pleased with that because I wasn't expecting nothing... i have lost 6 lbs so far. I don't have a goal yet... i have so much to lose.

rbella

Good job Mel!!!

I have trouble keeping those things in my house b/c I'll eat the entire box at one sitting. I mean, I have a serious issue. I can't keep anything tempting around me.

You are doing so good it is amazing. I weigh in on Thursday. Not looking forward to it at all....

NicksWifey

I'm so hungry you guys!!
ssad.gif

So far, all I've had was one of those small bags of Lays Sour Cream & Onion chips and a 20 oz. bottle of Dr. Pepper. I honestly cannot find anything good around here at work to eat.
Tonight is another story, what to make for dinner? I think I will just have some soup or Ramen noodles
ssad.gif

MACLovin

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicksWifey
I'm so hungry you guys!!
ssad.gif

So far, all I've had was one of those small bags of Lays Sour Cream & Onion chips and a 20 oz. bottle of Dr. Pepper. I honestly cannot find anything good around here at work to eat.
Tonight is another story, what to make for dinner? I think I will just have some soup or Ramen noodles
ssad.gif

I feel you.. i hate being hungry during the day at work, I need to bring my own healthy snacks to keep in the fridge. It sucks because mid-afternoon I'll start wanting something, and usually what's lying around is all the JUNK FOOD the different vendors bring us. They always drop off cookies or candy, it's like -- can't you guys bring fruit or something?
nonono.gif

NicksWifey

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbella
^^^Omg. I would love a Dr. Pepper. Lucky.
ssad.gif

I know, it's bad! Don't worry I will take a swig for you sister
smiles.gif

*Moni-Luv*

Okay Ladies...you have helped to inspire me further!!! I so IN on the November challenge (since I too celebrate a bday that month). Also, I'm starting this Boot Camp program next week and after the work out I had on friday I know it's going to help. The instructor sent me a two day menu to give me some ideas. It's mostly lean proteins and greens but still includes the good fats and stuff. I'm soooo excited!!! I can't wait to get in shape and I'm glad to have others that I trust to share my goals with!

Brittni

Woo hoo Novemeber challengers!!! Maybe Skylar can edit the original post and we can post our original weight and goal weight.
smiles.gif

Remember girls, if it's not in lbs it'll be in the inches!

Boot Camp sounds so fun Moni. I'm sure it'll be a fat blast.

Growing Wings - As for as "midnight snacking," it's ALL about habit breaking. Trust me, both my mom and I used to have large habits to open up the fridge in the middle of the night and eat a brownie, pick at this, pick at that, blah blah. But, now we just eliminate those items so it's easier to open the fridge and see stuff like hamburgers, cheese, lettuce, blah blah, stuff looking way less appetizing in the middle of the night. Also, keep water bottles (or whatever your drink of choice is-) on the closest shelf to read.

Rbella - GOOD job. It's almost been a week, can you believe it? Tell yourself "I did it once week, I can do it another" same when excersizing "I did 15 minutes, I can do another!" POSITIVE ENERGY! And also this is another tip for everyone...

Please remember when you are in a "snacking mood" it's often because you are dehydrated. And if you MUST, eat a bananna and drink a whole glass of water instead, it will FILL YOU UP!

XXXXXX Goodluck everyone and I'll talk with Sky about getting a 3-month November challenge up and going~
smiles.gif

As for my "check in" of the day... Eating hours have been horrible. Bacon and scrambled eggs w/cheese (As permitted on my Atkins, haha!) for breakfast but then didn't eat anything but a string cheese thus far due to being at the court house and napping. I HATE not having scheduled eating hours, but tommorow it's back to work so it will be managable. Phew. MAKING sure to get in my veggies... my biggest struggle but where all my carbs need to come from... and going to try hard to get my a$$ to the gym around 7 tonight!

Biggest temptation thus far. Mom is on Atkins with me, but she worked 3rd shift last night AND stayed up/went to the courthouse with me regarding the TRO. Therefore, she was loopy and exaughsted and HUNGRY. Her fave fave fave is Culver's...so she stopped there and decided today would be her one day off the diet (We plan for 1 day off a month, just because it keeps you sane and not deprived and as you go you'll have less urges to binge on an all-things-permitted day) but yeah I didn't eat any of it/really think about it too much/want it. That made me happy.

I really want to work out today, though. I just feel so down. My weight is coming off SO slowly, like it finally showed a difference since Atkin's but I'm just worried it might not this week Tuesday for weigh-in and inches wise. I know I have lost tons of inches, especially off my thighs and upper arms, but not the damn belly. I just keep telling myself eventually and that all these small things are adding up, but damnit, I want in my size 9's...definitely before Sept. 5th... but that's two more weeks, soooo fingers MAJORLY crossed!!!

MzzRach

Hey all - I am so stoked on this thread. Go girls!!!!!!

I have had a pretty good day - healthy breakfast and lunch. I did have a handful of peanut M&Ms this afternoon during the mid-afternoon slump period - but you know what? That was a treat and I will have a healthy light dinner and will call it a day.

Brittni - you are inspiring, and even more so with all you have been coping with. Be kind to yourself.

rbella - I know you can make it one more day without the DP! You have made it this far - keep going, I know you can.

Everyone hang in - we all have different plans that suit our lives, but we all share the same goal of being more fit and healthy.

Stealing L'oreal's tagline "Because we're worth it!"
winkiss.gif
winkiss.gif
winkiss.gif

glam8babe

i haven't done TOO bad today, i had quite big portions of food
for breakfast it was basically a full english breakfast (sausage, fried egg, toast, beans, mushrooms) but i was at my boyfriend and his mam made us it so i couldnt really turn it down

then i came home worked out for about half an hour or so
then abit later i had a salad with 2 chicken breasts

and i had a jelly pot (10 cals!) and im absolutly stuffed

melliquor

Quote:
Originally Posted by glam8babe
for breakfast it was basically a full english breakfast (sausage, fried egg, toast, beans, mushrooms) but i was at my boyfriend and his mam made us it so i couldnt really turn it down

I had the same thing today... a full english (sausage, bacon, chips, bean, and egg)... went to a cafe though. I felt so sick afterwards... just too much food and rarely have it now.You still up???

It is so late here. Just finished watching Dexter... I love that show.

Lizzie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TISH1127
But I keep saying it....I also have a thin picture of me on the frig and on the bathroom mirror.

I'm the opposite, have a "five million chins" picture of me up on the fridge! It's of me sleeping on a plane taken by a friend who was sitting right next to me lol Can you say "step away from the fridge"?
th_LMAO.gif

You ladies are doing sooooo well! I start school tomorrow which will be hard for me. There are no inexpensive healthy foods that are portable on campus. I'll have to make time to prepare healthy snacks to take with me. That's my goal for this week. (Along with studying
cutey.gif
)

Good luck all!
choochoo.gif

purrtykitty

Sorry I didn't check in yesterday...I did work out - 35 min on the elliptical trainer (my fav machine!) and 10 min on the rowing machine, but then I didn't drink near enough water so I had the dreaded dehydrated headache the rest of the day.

Eating-wise wasn't horrible. DH made breakfast (pancakes, eggs, and sausage), so I had a bit of eggs and one pancake (and they were thin ones) with a little syrup. I had a banana after my workout and then I snacked off and on trying to get rid of my headache.

Today went pretty well. I didn't workout, but I'm getting some walking in (when I go to court with an attorney in my office, we walk pretty far from the parking garage). I had a banana and Luna Sunrise Bar with Diet DP for breakfast. Lunch was a spring mix salad w/ blueberries and red wine vinagrette spray, cottage cheese, cantaloupe, and a 100 Calorie Pack of Hostess Cupcakes (these are seriously soooo delicious!!). I got hungry toward the end of the day so I had a plain bagel with nothing on it. Dinner was tilapia w/ scalloped potatoes - not great, but it was leftovers.

I hope to do better tomorrow. Planning ahead will definitely help.

glam8babe

Quote:
Originally Posted by melliquor
I had the same thing today... a full english (sausage, bacon, chips, bean, and egg)... went to a cafe though. I felt so sick afterwards... just too much food and rarely have it now.You still up???

It is so late here. Just finished watching Dexter... I love that show.

yeh im still up and i just ate like 3 ginger biscuits, urgh i hate eating so late! i just couldn't help myself
thmbdn.gif

i'll try and make up for it tomorrow lol