Weight Loss Group

Brittni

Good job Lizzie!

Very true... isnt it ironic how you can get a nutritionally deprived cheeseburger on the .99 cent menu, but it costs a lot more for fruit? In the end, it WILL be worth it though...

Try frozen veggies as they are usually cheaper for the amount I would guess???

TISH1124

GOD, I am going to post my stats....Plz don't let anyone I know personally see this, ever!

I am 5'3 140lbs

Weakness: Coke and A&W Root Beer ( I drink at least 3-4 cans a day sometiimes more)
I don't eat sweets, chocolate or much bread....But I can't seem to give up the soda and I hate diet sodas so much!

Just started working out today! My ideal weight is 125-130..I am not a fan of too thin nor is my husband.
The part that is so sad and depressing for me...When I was 9 mths pregnant with my son Christian(6 yrs ago) I went into the labor room weighing 139lbs.
Can someone tell me why I weigh more than I did at 9 mths pregnant NOW!!! And this is not from the baby because just 2 yrs ago I was at 128 ...Over the past two years I have just blown up!!!!
If my DH would tell me I looked bad it may help but since he always makes me feel beautiful I have not been motivated to loose it.

But I am determined to have lost 15 lbs it by my birthday Nov 30!!!

P.S. I have every piece equiptment known to mankind at home...Treadmill, weights, exercise bike etc... But they are now holding up my clothes and other things!!

NicksWifey

My short term goals are to lose 10 pounds from now and take it from there. All in all, I'd like to lose about 20-30 pounds.

I went to lunch with my mom at Friendly's restaurant (it sucked BTW) but I had the Buffalo Chicken strips sandwich and half an order of french fries. I ended up not eating the bread and just the chicken and ate the fries. I didn't eat breakfast and I'm going to eat some roasted chicken for dinner and call it a night.
Only 1 Coke today, you guys would be proud!
smiles.gif

snowflakelashes

The shower was okay I ate too much it was like lunch and dinner combined and the cake was sinful, but I had some. I was the only non-family person to show up so ya know. But I adore that friend so much, and her kids are gorgeous, I think they thought I was wierd but I held and sang to the baby a lot. Awww cutie pie really. I just need to get my excercise in now... hrm... walking, maybe? We're suppose to move the treadmill into the guest room my dad moved some stuff around for me. That way I don't feel wierd about interupting him or waking him up if I decide to do my walking early in the AM. That'll be good esp since its tstarting to get to be winter out there, and sono I definately won't want to workout outside. Also volleyball will be starting up soon I am HORRID at it but it doubles as a social connector more than anything, basically it will be time with people I like to hang out with that doesn't involve eating I'm going to try really ahrd to be a regular this winter.

Brittni

Quote:
Originally Posted by TISH1127
GOD, I am going to post my stats....Plz don't let anyone I know personally see this, ever!

I am 5'3 140lbs

Weakness: Coke and A&W Root Beer ( I drink at least 3-4 cans a day sometiimes more)
I don't eat sweets, chocolate or much bread....But I can't seem to give up the soda and I hate diet sodas so much!

Just started working out today! My ideal weight is 125-130..I am not a fan of too thin nor is my husband.
The part that is so sad and depressing for me...When I was 9 mths pregnant with my son Christian(6 yrs ago) I went into the labor room weighing 139lbs.
Can someone tell me why I weigh more than I did at 9 mths pregnant NOW!!! And this is not from the baby because just 2 yrs ago I was at 128 ...Over the past two years I have just blown up!!!!
If my DH would tell me I looked bad it may help but since he always makes me feel beautiful I have not been motivated to loose it.

But I am determined to have lost 15 lbs it by my birthday Nov 30!!!

P.S. I have every piece equiptment known to mankind at home...Treadmill, weights, exercise bike etc... But they are now holding up my clothes and other things!!

I'll take you up on that 15lbs challenge by the end of November! My birthday is the 29th.
smiles.gif

NicksWifey, gooood job girlie! I'm glad you tossed that horrible bun and are having a good supper.
smiles.gif
And not much soda, pretty soon it'll be none maybe??
winks.gif

TISH1124

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brittni
I'll take you up on that 15lbs challenge by the end of November! My birthday is the 29th.
smiles.gif

NicksWifey, gooood job girlie! I'm glad you tossed that horrible bun and are having a good supper.
smiles.gif
And not much soda, pretty soon it'll be none maybe??
winks.gif

Let's do it!! Nothing motivates me like a challenge!!! November will see a much thinner US!!!
choochoo.gif

hr44

Okay sooo I'm so IN on the Nov challenge, especially since I'll be 25 that month...

but I'm in a bit of a trouble spot...

I have 3 younger brothers... all fit to the T and well food is always in supply...

Temptation is just BAM right there... to say the least...

I'm doing fine with the gym. I do my cardio for 30mins (even though I HATE it over strength training)... I try for 3-5 times.. of course... I only do 3.
(This week, my thighs and triceps took a beating and I was sore for 2 days.)

It's just the intake of food... I don't pig out... but I'll have like these random moments of just picking up a small this and that...and it's NEVER the good stuff...and I'll get CRAZY urges... and at times I'm like... so what?

what do you guys tell yourself to NOT do that?

SkylarV217

)= I got on the scale tonight and it came up 131.... i was soo excited ... then thinking i went from 144 - 131 in one week was not right.... So i checked the scale in it was partly on a rug ... =( . I'm hoing to make it to 130 soon =) ... Going bike riding tomorrow and have to walk around campus.

NicksWifey

Quote:
Originally Posted by hr44
It's just the intake of food... I don't pig out... but I'll have like these random moments of just picking up a small this and that...and it's NEVER the good stuff...and I'll get CRAZY urges... and at times I'm like... so what?

what do you guys tell yourself to NOT do that?

OMG I totally know what you mean! I get like this all the time. I call it my snacking period but my mom calls it my grazing period, LOL.

Shit if I knew how to stop it, believe me, I would share the secret but I'm lost on this one
th_dunno.gif

rbella

I'm so impressed with how everyone is doing. Everyone is making changes everyday! It's fantastic!

Mell-you're doing awesome! WW really does help with the points, doesn't it? You really become aware of how damaging some foods are.

Brittni-Man, you are doing stellar! I hope to be doing as great as you!!

Today I did well. No DP's and no late night eating. Only issue was after my open house I was starving and had no food with me b/c it lasted a lot longer than expected. I grabbed a snack wrap at KFC thinking it would be a "better bad decision", but it was 15 friggin' points. So, I had to work the rest of my day around it. I ate one of my premade fit meals for dinner and an apple. Drank loads of water and had 2 sips of Diet Coke (for migraine).

Got tons of physical exertion in, b/c putting out signs for open houses sucks, especially when it is 100 degrees and you are having to use a sledge hammer to put them into the hardened ground. I had to put out 12 of them and it took me 1.5 hours.

Tomorrow, no DP's, no sugar (except natural) and trying to wean off the PB&J's which have become my new crutch. I've been having at least one a day on double fiber bread, but the peanut butter and jelly is horrible for me. I'm going to try and increase my protein as well as my veggies.

Hope everyone is doing well! Looking forward to hearing from you guys!!

babiid0llox

Well I'm certainly a person who need to lose weight. I have not checked my weight in ages, but the last time I did it was still around the 60-70kg mark. I'm not sure how many lbs that is. But for reference I'm 16 years old and am around 163cm? Hehe, I think.

I'm not so much focused on losing kilograms as such, as I have been 60-70kg before...in year 6 (primary school)! I'll be focusing on dropping dress sizes and getting back to a size 6-8 in AUS standards. I think that's around a 2 or 4 in US clothing sizes.

Well I'm starting officially tomorrow morning. I plan on going on a half an hour jog in the local park so woohoo to that lol. Over the last week or so I've slowly been incorporating fruit into my diet. I really need to eat more vegetables but..

This thread is a great idea by the way
greengrin.gif
Eeew.. I feel so ick inside.

babiid0llox

Aaaw thanks hun. Hehe I'm extremely determined though, formal is coming up in 3 months!
thud.gif

Need to able to actually fit in a dress...and look good in it too.
dance.gif

mocha_queen

This is a great idea!

After I travelled to the States last year for college, my diet went for a six and I hardly got any exercise.
I put on close to 16 pounds and I brushed it off/ ignored it.
When I came back home for vacation in May, everyone was just so shocked to see what I had done to myself as I was already over weight and the extra 16 pounds wasnt helping.

I was so depressed, not being able to fit into clothes from just a year ago and what not.
I met up with a dietician who put me on an extremely healthy diet - vegetables, fruits, oats, whole wheat, chicken and fish and what not.
We cut out eveything that had alot of calories and fat.
But my problem was not over eating or eating unhealthy food, it was quite the opposite, I would eat only one meal a day - dinner.

After fixing the diet, I took up yoga - an hour everyday.
I lost 8 pounds in a month and decided to keep going on with it.
I took up running, cause I love running and have good stamina.

In total, till now I have lost 24 pounds with diet, yoga and cardio exercises in 2 1/2 months and I plan on continuing this.

Good luck to everyone
smiles.gif

Growing Wings

Wow, I'm so impressed with how well everyone is doing! Especially those of you who are doing all that exercise. You guys seem to be getting better at this every day. And to those of you who have cut things out of you diet (fizzy drinks in particular), stay strong. Things like that can make such a difference.

How did you guys do with the midnight snacking? I'm pleased to say that I didn't get up in the night once (although that may have been due to the half a bottle of red wine I drank in the evening
th_LMAO.gif
). So far this morning all I've had is a bowl of cereal. Today I'm already facing my first hurdle. My friend is taking me to the cinema and then for a pub lunch. So the plan is, to walk to the shops and get a small bottle of water to take to the cinema so I don't buy fizzy drinks (and that's my 4min walk done too), and then to try and be sensible when I get to the pub.

I weighed myself today and was horrified at how much I've put on. I'm 9 stone 8, (134 pounds I think). I've never been that heavy before. Last summer before getting really ill my goal was to get down to 8 stone - losing about 7 pounds. Seeing how much I've put on has made me so frustrated with being ill. I used to walk a couple of miles a day, and now I'm battling to stay out of a wheel chair. Just gotta try and stay positive I spose.

Mocha Queen, congrats on all the weight you've lost already. How strenuous was the yoga you did? I'm trying to find some form of exercise I can do which won't make my ME worse, and something like yoga or pilates may just work.

chameleonmary

I got my Saturday challenge done - I did an hour on Sat and an hour on Sun! It felt great
smiles.gif

I have found a 'cute' for my night bingeing (since I study til the wee hours of the morning I tend to snack a lot after dinner):

- eat a snack around 5pm
- have a very light dinner (usually salad/tuna or steamed vegies/tuna - ie. carb-free dinner) around 8pm
- have a skim milk hot chocolate (its around 100 cal!) around 9pm
- have sugarfree skim milk tea around 10pm

I find that if I space little treats apart by around an hour after dinner, I feel less guilty. I might even try eating 3/4 of my dinner at the 8pm mark, then the other 1/4 at 9pm if I am having a real late one.

My other new motivation? Youtube videos! Check out these channels:

YouTube - sparkpeople's Channel

YouTube - diethealth's Channel

YouTube - smallbitesnutrition's Channel

YouTube - AdamWatersRTP's Channel

Adam Waters in incredible - check out his profile video!

x.DOLLYMiX.x

Its been 4 days and Iam still on ww and I have lost 2 pound :O Woooo
smiles.gif
, I have not been hungry at all and my bf ordered a chinese last night and I didnt have any, first for me
greengrin.gif

Iam so glad everyone is doing so well and well done rbella for not drinking dp thats amazing.

Good luck everyone !!

SkylarV217

School starts today and I decided I'm going to go ahead and park far away rather than spending all the time looking for a parking spot .... So i'll have about a mile b/w walking to class and then walking back to my car after classes are over =) ..... I like to think little things like that help. I'm doing well with No Fizzy drinks and I have moved to poweraid .... not water but its better that cola's... after I get into the swing of classes I'm going to use my free hour on campus to go to the fitness center ( FREE GYM + FREE TIME) with motivation from you guy should be awesome =). Hope everyone is doing well so far .

(I'm gonna go through tonight and write down everyone that has joined up to make sure we are all checking in) =)

MACLovin

Ok so the weekend was pretty uneventful, although when I went to Outbacks instead of having a loaded baked potato I had a sweet potato! That is definitely a change for me. I only had half of my steak, and steamed veggies, and a salad.

The rest of the w/e was pretty good, though I had a couple chocolate chip cookies
ssad.gif
But it's cool, that was my one little indulgence and now the work week is here so it's back to business!

I'm going to get my exercise in tonight at the mall because I have to hit up the CCO, so that will be a good 20-30 mins of walking, and then I just discovered the joys of "On-Demand" FitnessTV!!! Oh mah gawd.. they have ALL kinds of stuff, I'm totally doing some pilates because they make me feel great. They also have the "Booty Boot-camp" hahah.. definitely need that one!

Ok, so great job so far everyone, don't beat yourselves up if you slipped and had a treat or something, just do that much better the next day.
greengrin.gif

SkylarV217

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACLovin
I'm totally doing some pilates because they make me feel great. They also have the "Booty Boot-camp" hahah.. definitely need that one!

Pilates is awesome and it def burns cals and works your core like crazy .... I;m about to start some tooo =). I would love to have some killer abs .... i guess i got to get rid of the belly FLAB first ....