Weight Loss Group

SuSana

Ok so I posted here months ago then never came back lol so here I am!! I joined Weight Watchers 9 weeks ago and have lost 21.6 pounds so far
smiles.gif
Along with eating better I am being more active and working out at least 3x times a week. I walk, play wii fit (sooo fun), elliptical & bike. I feel much better and healthier!

Paramnesia

Congrats SuSana.

I was doing weight classes for a couple of months and they've just cancelled all the classes which is annoying. I can't do any of the others because of my foot, so I'm kind of down about that.

I still need to lose 10kg, but i really dunno how to approach it at the moment, I suffer from social anxiety so leaving the house is so hard. I can't really eliminate much from my diet because i really struggle with eating. Things were looking up for that but my dad likes to constantly critise what I eat and my weight, so it just makes me not wanna eat (I suffer from depression too). I've gained about 15kg from my medications and they make losing weight so hard.

I'm starting to give up on trying to lose weight =(

SuSana

Don't give up, just do it slowly. If you don't want to leave the house try doing exercises with stuff you have in your house. Maybe lift a sack of potatoes, do you have any workout DVD's? I heard the Jillian Michaels 30 day shred is hard!

SuSana

My sister & I found a walking/biking trail nearby so we decided to try it out today. We walked for an hour so that was my exercise for the day, then afterwards we went and got an ice cream cone lol. It was still a good walk though!

TISH1124

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rpmgtgirl
Hi Everyone, Just thought I would post my attempt to go a week without Cokes! I thought that maybe if I put it in writing it would encourage me not to drink them...I have seen many of you girls post that after you gave up drinking cokes for awhile you lost the taste for them..So heres to hoping that will happen for me!! Since I drank 3 Cokes today
ssad.gif
I will start Tuesday..Since im a Coca Cola Addict, I hope I have the willpower to last a week..

Good Luck it is the hardest addiction IMO to give up...I too was a Coke Addict.....But you just have to go cold turkey...I used to drink at least 3-4 cans a day....sad but true!! Drink lots of Water with flavor packs in it...it will give you the sweet taste ...Going staright water did not work for me...I need to taste something good....But I have been soda free for about 6 months

snowflakelashes

okay girls my dads last night in town so we're doing delux burgers. open faced on whole wheat though. I'm going to enjoy it and then tomorrow when he's gone I'll be able to make the same boring dinner every night until I get back into good habbits (chicken and veggies with a slice of brown toast lol) .
smiles.gif

TISH1124

True...Soda in general is bad for you.....Diet or Regular...Yes regular has more sugar and calories...But they are equally unhealthy drinks

TISH1124

Took me about 3-4 weeks....yes weeks ......Sorry....but true.....I used to chew gum a lot....anything to make me get over it....Oh Lord when I ate something salty....Help me!!! it's like any other thing...cigs, food....They are all addictions....caffeine & sugar addictions are hard to break.....

snowflakelashes

Hey Girls, I may be posting my own Fitness journal soon, not sure though lol what I really need is a massive "LIFE Reinvention" lol
smiles.gif
so not sure that fits the bill but to lose weight and get healthy ai need mental and emotional health too i've got a LOT of fixing to do
smiles.gif

Half N Half

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rpmgtgirl
Ok, it is only 1:30 on my first day without Coca Cola and im just dying to drink one!! I have been downing water like crazy....Who knew they were sooo addictive?? To ease my mind, I have been looking up articles on the internet about how sodas are bad for you...Wonder how long it will take before these intense cravings subside!

Hey girl! I used to be SERIOUSLY addicted to coke too. You just have to stick it out. The first week or two are the hardest. I pretty much only drink water now and I honestly don't miss coke. I tried drinking one a couple of months ago and it didn't really taste right & just wasn't as satisfying as it used to be. Stick with it, pretty soon you will lose the taste for it.

TISH1124

Ok Ladies wish me Luck...tomorrow My Husband and I start intense training for the Caveman Sprint Triathlon ...I know I will probably pass out and die...But I promised him I will finish no matter what