Weight Loss Group

cupcake_x

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdtb050606
I need some advice here, I'm really in a rut and don't know what to do??
I've been working out and eating wayyy healthier and cannot seem to lose any weight. Here is what I eat on a day to day basis, can someone please tell me if I'm doing something wrong

Get up and eat a banana

Around 10am I'll have a yogurt cup (the light yoplait one) with bran buds

Noon-Campbells light soup anywhere from 160-200 calories

2pm-snack bar

5pm dinner-usually chicken or fish and on rare ocassion lean hamburger meat, vegetables. Everything is always baked or grilled.

I'm soooo discouraged, my husband has lost 15 pounds and that's all he really needed to lose, and he is toning up from the working out. I feel super depressed b/c I don't know why I can't seem to lose anymore weight? At first I lost like 4-5 pounds and now nothing! Any advice would be great
ssad.gif

First, how long have you been doing this meal plan? Men usually lose weight way faster than women. Also, I wouldn't eat the soup all the time.. Canned food and prepackaged (even light soups and Lean Cuisine-esque meals) have loads of preservatives and sodium, which keeps weight on, particularly in the tummy.

But most of all I think you need to just stay positive. It will not only help you stick to your healthy eating plan, it will help you gain confidence. Good luck!

pdtb050606

Well I've been doing it for about 2 months, what would you suggest in place of the soup? I work through my lunch at my desk so it has to be something I can quickly

cupcake_x

Have you noticed a difference in the way your clothes are fitting? Sometimes you won't see a difference on the scale but you will in the way your clothes fit.

Hmm, that's really hard then. If you need prepackaged meals, I'd say stick with the soup or try Lean Cuisines. As far as those types of meals go, they're honestly you're best bet. (Even though I just mentioned the have sodium and such
lol.gif
)

Half N Half

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdtb050606
I need some advice here, I'm really in a rut and don't know what to do??
I've been working out and eating wayyy healthier and cannot seem to lose any weight. Here is what I eat on a day to day basis, can someone please tell me if I'm doing something wrong

Get up and eat a banana

Around 10am I'll have a yogurt cup (the light yoplait one) with bran buds

Noon-Campbells light soup anywhere from 160-200 calories

2pm-snack bar

5pm dinner-usually chicken or fish and on rare ocassion lean hamburger meat, vegetables. Everything is always baked or grilled.

I'm soooo discouraged, my husband has lost 15 pounds and that's all he really needed to lose, and he is toning up from the working out. I feel super depressed b/c I don't know why I can't seem to lose anymore weight? At first I lost like 4-5 pounds and now nothing! Any advice would be great
ssad.gif

It depends on how much you're working out. If you are working out a lot, you might not be eating enough...or you might want to increase your protein. I usually eat oatmeal and fruit in the morning and then try to have some sort of protein with every meal after that. Some type of meat, fish, eggs, beans, dairy, etc. These are just things that have helped me continue my weight loss. Another thing that could be happening is if you're doing a lot of weight training, as opposed to cardio, you might not be seeing it on the scale since you're building muscle which weighs more than the fat you're losing. I'm not an expert, but I hope this helps
smiles.gif

pdtb050606

I work out 3-5 times a week, I have also wondered if maybe I'm not eating enough? I don't love the soup I just find that it's super quick and easy. I have noticed that I've lost inches which I know is good but that kind of stopped too. I lost 30 pounds before I got married but in a really unhealthy way (weight loss meds) but as soon as I stopped taking them I gained it all back. I just want to find a routine that works for me *sigh*

Half N Half

Don't get discouraged. Keep doing what you're doing! Maybe just try eating a little bit more, maybe add some more fruits and veggies throughout the day and see if anything changes.

Ruby_Woo

Im stuck again, and literally a few ounces away from my goal. But Im not gonna like starve myself because I've been workingout alot and Im starting to looked more toned. I don't wanna deplete my muscle mass :s

Last time I broke my plateu of 120 by eating more. Its weird, but true I upped my calories and I dropped the weight in a week!

Just keep switching up the food, and consume lots of fiber. I know that's helped me a lot!

Hope this helps out somewhat.

xxManBeaterxx

I gained 45 pounds when i was pregnant with 2, i gave birth may 7, 2009 so its been nearly 4 months. I lost 20 pounds without needing to diet or exercise, most of that was probably water weight and the babies themselves. I'm now ready to lose that extra 25-30 pounds!!! I used to be a size 0, now im a size 4/6? I have 2 closets filled with clothes that i feel i can never wear again. Im 5'4" 135 pounds, my pre pregnancy weight was 105 pounds. I've taken so many food science and nutrition classes, yet i don't even know where to start. Should I waste a ton of money with a personal trainer and dietitian? How do i find the time to cook a healthy low-fat meal for myself and still cook dinner for my husband and my 4 year old?
ssad.gif
ssad.gif

slowdownbaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxManBeaterxx
I gained 45 pounds when i was pregnant with 2, i gave birth may 7, 2009 so its been nearly 4 months. I lost 20 pounds without needing to diet or exercise, most of that was probably water weight and the babies themselves. I'm now ready to lose that extra 25-30 pounds!!! I used to be a size 0, now im a size 4/6? I have 2 closets filled with clothes that i feel i can never wear again. Im 5'4" 135 pounds, my pre pregnancy weight was 105 pounds. I've taken so many food science and nutrition classes, yet i don't even know where to start. Should I waste a ton of money with a personal trainer and dietitian? How do i find the time to cook a healthy low-fat meal for myself and still cook dinner for my husband and my 4 year old?
ssad.gif
ssad.gif

Do you like workout DVDs?
The Tracy Anderson Mat workout is giving me wonderful results! She has a post baby workout too... I didn't even tried the cardio dvd and I already see amazing results!
I didn't had a baby, but I like to switch the two dvds every two weeks.. maybe you should try those if you want :)

I think that the key to lose weight is food.. you have to eat less but NOT starving... I eat carbs at breakfast and lunch... at dinner it's rare... maybe if there's potatoes on the soup. I'm a vegetarian so I don't eat meat or fish, but at dinner you could eat some salmon and salad... Eat lots of proteins too! Don't be afraid to eat lots of vegetables... Whenever I'm eating a salad or any vegetable I go crazy!
I know it must be hard for you to cook different meals, but it's possible. My mom when I was younger, sometimes she would do three different meals, me and my sister were very picky as a child (still am) and my mom worked 8 hours a day! She would cook everything at the same time! Leftovers could be very helpful too... Last year, in my first year of college I didn't had time for nothing, so I would do some healthy soup that would last me for more three meals! Just try to figure out your schedule, I don't think you need to spend money in all that, you can do it yourself
winks.gif

I already lost 20 pounds doing this... Without any dietitian (When I younger I spent my money on one and.. well.. nothing) or personal trainer... I just did lots of research and found out the things that really work on my body.

Shadowy Lady

OK, guys I haven't posted on here forever but I feel like I need to. So I started working out regularly since January. When I started, I was 155 lb (and I'm 5'7"). I didn't loose any weight at all even though I was going to the gym 3+ a week (doing cardio and weight) and changed my eating habits. Then I changed my cardio routine to interval training and finally dropped to 148 lb by late July.

The annoying thing is that I got really lazy (and it was super hot outside like 40+ deg Celsius), so I skipped the gym for 3 weeks and now I'm back to my original weight
ssad.gif
How the hell did I gain this weight so quick and how the freak do I get rid of again?? I really want to slim down to 140 lb by late October :/

Helpppppp!

Ruby_Woo

Hey ladies, I thought I would post an update. So I reached my goal weight of 115 a few days ago, Im actually at 114 right now. Im going to see if I'll try for 5 more lbs before my hubby and I start the p90X workout system.

Thanks for the support, and this board really helps! Good luck to everyone else on their journey!
smiles.gif

Boasorte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruby_Woo
Hey ladies, I thought I would post an update. So I reached my goal weight of 115 a few days ago, Im actually at 114 right now. Im going to see if I'll try for 5 more lbs before my hubby and I start the p90X workout system.

Thanks for the support, and this board really helps! Good luck to everyone else on their journey!
smiles.gif

What did youdo to lose the weight?

brokenxbeauty

Hey! Do any of you use Sparkpeople?
I think it's my online addiciton, aside my Specktra. There are so many resources, I find it really helpful. Look me up on there if you'd like, I'm XPRETTYLIKEFIRE.

Just checking in since I've been getting back into the weight loss game recently. I've been focusing on getting all my water and training for Race For The Cure. 5k and I'm going to try and jog the whole thing!

joygasm

Wow I forgot about this group. I gained weight. I actually got down to 104. But I'm back to 109. I wish I was taller so it wouldn't look bad on me haha.

Nicala

Ooh, I'm going to join in on this thread!
Hi everyone. My name is Nikki. I'm 16 and weigh 188 lbs (yikes!). I'm about 5'3"-ish. I've always struggled with my weight. I remember in 3rd grade I weighed about 105 lbs. Then in about 5th grade, I weighed around 125. Then my family decided to go on Herbalife and decided to drag me on it since they would always tell me how over weight I was. I started to lose pounds, managed to go from size 12 to size 6 clothing. But once I decided to stop (I actually wasn't able to swallow pills til later on, the pills without the coating are so nasty! Ugh I don't even want to remember what that tastes like again.) I started gaining weight FAST. I ended up going past 125, going onto 130, 140, 150, 160!!! I ended up being 170 lbs in middle school.. After that my weight kept packing on. I did track in middle school, 7th grade to be exact, but that didn't really help with losing weight unfortunately.

After all that, I still struggle to lose weight. I don't do track anymore, (former thrower), and now I don't have to take a PE class since I'm taking my classes online now. We also recently moved into a new neighborhood so I don't really know any one around here, nor am I willing to go back to regular high school, plus the school here doesn't look appealing to me.

That being said, I don't know what to do to lose weight. My mom is always busy so I can't really go walking outside. We have an out door pool, but it's too cold to go swimming right now! Especially outdoors...

Any one have any tips?

Man, feels great finally to vent about this, lol. :p

joygasm

Quote:
Originally Posted by nubletta
Ooh, I'm going to join in on this thread!
Hi everyone. My name is Nikki. I'm 16 and weigh 188 lbs (yikes!). I'm about 5'3"-ish. I've always struggled with my weight. I remember in 3rd grade I weighed about 105 lbs. Then in about 5th grade, I weighed around 125. Then my family decided to go on Herbalife and decided to drag me on it since they would always tell me how over weight I was. I started to lose pounds, managed to go from size 12 to size 6 clothing. But once I decided to stop (I actually wasn't able to swallow pills til later on, the pills without the coating are so nasty! Ugh I don't even want to remember what that tastes like again.) I started gaining weight FAST. I ended up going past 125, going onto 130, 140, 150, 160!!! I ended up being 170 lbs in middle school.. After that my weight kept packing on. I did track in middle school, 7th grade to be exact, but that didn't really help with losing weight unfortunately.

After all that, I still struggle to lose weight. I don't do track anymore, (former thrower), and now I don't have to take a PE class since I'm taking my classes online now. We also recently moved into a new neighborhood so I don't really know any one around here, nor am I willing to go back to regular high school, plus the school here doesn't look appealing to me.

That being said, I don't know what to do to lose weight. My mom is always busy so I can't really go walking outside. We have an out door pool, but it's too cold to go swimming right now! Especially outdoors...

Any one have any tips?

Man, feels great finally to vent about this, lol. :p

Well I'm 4'11 and when I started to hit the over weight mark I just changed my diet. My body adjusted well and I lost 8 pounds in a week.

I started to eat more vegetables and such, but if you do have a pretty good diet then maybe it is your metabolism?
I'd say make sure you eat breakfast, it helps boost your metabolism throughout the day, that also helps. And exercise if you don't already. I was a couch potato and all i did was take afternoon walks.
It helps when you have the support of a friend too
smiles.gif
it really pushed me to have a plan to diet and exercise with someone.
They'd look out for your benefit as well and encourage you not to give into cravings.
smiles.gif

Even now when I'm hungry for a snack I reach for a yogurt.

But it seems to me its your metabolism since you say that track hasn't helped.
:/

Nicala

Quote:
Originally Posted by joygasm
Well I'm 4'11 and when I started to hit the over weight mark I just changed my diet. My body adjusted well and I lost 8 pounds in a week.

I started to eat more vegetables and such, but if you do have a pretty good diet then maybe it is your metabolism?
I'd say make sure you eat breakfast, it helps boost your metabolism throughout the day, that also helps. And exercise if you don't already. I was a couch potato and all i did was take afternoon walks.
It helps when you have the support of a friend too
smiles.gif
it really pushed me to have a plan to diet and exercise with someone.
They'd look out for your benefit as well and encourage you not to give into cravings.
smiles.gif

Even now when I'm hungry for a snack I reach for a yogurt.

But it seems to me its your metabolism since you say that track hasn't helped.
:/

Could be. Everything I eat goes to my butt, lol.
ssad.gif

I always eat breakfast, favorite part of my day actually. I'm a pretty picky eater, too. Not much of a sweets, chocolate, or soda person too so hmm.. o_o

joygasm

Quote:
Originally Posted by nubletta
Could be. Everything I eat goes to my butt, lol.
ssad.gif

I always eat breakfast, favorite part of my day actually. I'm a pretty picky eater, too. Not much of a sweets, chocolate, or soda person too so hmm.. o_o

Yeah. I'd say green tea and all that jazz.
Also a clean colon helps you absorb food better!
smiles.gif

Nicala

Quote:
Originally Posted by joygasm
Yeah. I'd say green tea and all that jazz.
Also a clean colon helps you absorb food better!
smiles.gif

Hmm.. I'm not much of a fan of solid green tea though. Not sure why. I alwqys have to add either splenda or honey since I dont like the taste of it on its own... I wanna try some of the teas from teavana, looks like they make good teas and flavors. ANYWHOOO, back on topic, I'm rambling. :p

I actually tried to see if I can clean my belly by using exlax. That was fail. Nothing even happened and it was like any other day. >.>" Ima ask my mom if she has anything for colon cleansing though.