Weight Loss Group

SuSana

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsWestchesterNY
I have , and I like it, but now the weather is getting warm, the skunks and raccoons are coming out, I got chased by a raccoon who was chasing a cat last summer (crazy isn't it) and therefore I try not to stay outside past 9pm...

I do situps and stretches in the morning though ,but I really do like to run, and sometimes jog, as soon as I get another mp2 player though I'm gonna DO IT!

Oh hell no. If a raccoon chased me I would be done running outside lol. Those things are scary.

TISH1124

Quote:
I've been trying to lose weight for the longest, I turn 20 in August, and reall wanted to shed the weight for my 20th bday, but I get too embarssed to jog outside, and I can't afford a gym membership...kudos to all u ladies for sticking to it

Do not be ashamed...just do it...Who cares what people think..I used to hate walking or jogging alone..I always thought people were starring at me...I just got my Ipod and started going to the park everyday walking some...running some...until I was able to run the entire time...Don't let anyone's thoughts hold you back from your goals....Just stay focused on you and they will not even exist...I see tons of overweight, in shape people running and walking everyday...I don't even give it a thought...and the people passing by you probably don't either. Good Luck just start it and you won't want to stop... it will become a healthy habit. I am so obsessed with working out now if I don't I feel so guilty all day

mystikgarden

Hi everyone. I haven't been posting in awhile. I just recently (December) lost my job. So I've been sitting at home with the kids gaining weight. I've gained about 15 pounds. I'm so embarrassed that I've gained so much weight. We went to the lake this weekend and I put on my suit and I just about locked myself in the bathroom. So this week I'm seriously trying to lose some weight before my *gasp* 30th birthday in August. So I've signed up with Spark people. I'm going to check in here with you guys once a week starting today.

Weight today-175.5 (I can't belive I just put this on here!!!)
Goal weight- 145

Wish me luck!!!

SuSana

Quote:
Originally Posted by mystikgarden
Hi everyone. I haven't been posting in awhile. I just recently (December) lost my job. So I've been sitting at home with the kids gaining weight. I've gained about 15 pounds. I'm so embarrassed that I've gained so much weight. We went to the lake this weekend and I put on my suit and I just about locked myself in the bathroom. So this week I'm seriously trying to lose some weight before my *gasp* 30th birthday in August. So I've signed up with Spark people. I'm going to check in here with you guys once a week starting today.

Weight today-175.5 (I can't belive I just put this on here!!!)
Goal weight- 145

Wish me luck!!!

Good luck! You can do it, start small.

My sister & I are signing up for a 5k in June, she's running I'm walking. It should be fun
smiles.gif

Boasorte

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuSana
Oh hell no. If a raccoon chased me I would be done running outside lol. Those things are scary.

LOL the raccoon was chasing the cat, and the cat was booking it towards me, so I started to run like hell too

SuSana

Quote:
LOL the raccoon was chasing the cat, and the cat was booking it towards me, so I started to run like hell too

You should carry something like a stick or small bat with you. I know it sounds dumb but when my sister & I walk, one of us carries something because you never know what might jump out at you.

mystikgarden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paramnesia
Hey mystikgarden goodluck, I'm sure you'll be fine. We're all here for you, cheering you on =)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuSana
Good luck! You can do it, start small.

My sister & I are signing up for a 5k in June, she's running I'm walking. It should be fun
smiles.gif

Thanks guys! I was walking 4 miles a day last year. I live across the street from a track, so I really don't have an excuse. Now that it's warm I'm going to start walking again. Thanks again for the support!!

Willa

And I'm back

In New York, I walked A LOT
It was crazy
lol.gif

I don't think I've lost a lot of weight but I didnt eat too much, so it probably helped me on this point.

The only thing is because of the bus ride, and because I have a colon problem, I took some Imodium during the ride, so I wouldnt need to go to the toilet in the back of the bus... I think I took too much, because now I'm having problems, even if it's been a week...
th_dunno.gif

I'll see how it works out today, and if no change, I'll have to go see the Dr
ssad.gif

Paramnesia

Hope you're feeling better soon Willa.

For the past week I haven't even exercised, I've been sick with a cold and/or stomach bug so i've been in bed most of the time. Also eaten sooooo badly but because i'm sick I haven't actually gained weight which is a bonus lol.

Hopefully in the next week I'll feel up to exercising again.

NutMeg

Oh man. I have treated myself like crap this past month. I don't if any of you read my thread in Deep Thoughts, but my living situation has become pretty hellish. There are some other issues that are also making my life really stressful, and one of my responses to stress has always been to stop eating, and have problems with sleeping. I've lost 10 pounds, and not in a good way. I've been getting brutal headaches from poor diet, bad sleeping patterns, and stress. I'm so out of shape, and desparatly unhealthy. I need to be better to myself.

Sorry I've been MIA, I've just been struggling to keep my head above water.

Willa

Mmm... I think I lost a bit because last night I was on my bed and my man was putting moisturiser on my legs (I know, I'm spoiled
graucho.gif
) and I noticed that my belly wasnt like it used to be in the last months. Less bloated (sp?) I guess?

All the walking I did in New York finally helped
th_DANCE.gif

Paramnesia

Oh thats great. Must be good motivation.

I'm still sick in bed (I'm actually laying in bed now on my bros DSi lol) and its now getting to me, I've been so in actiive. I would exercise if my body would let me but i just end up aching.
I've started to gain back the little weight i lost too =(

Indian Barbie

Thanks guys - its all about diet and weight training! Cardio is good but you gotta work different muscles - putting on muscle burns fat!

Latest posts