Weird things you can't understand of others

joytheobscure

I have so many....People who spend tons of money on having a fancy car and house and none on physical appearance-- ok, so, maybe some people think I'm the opposite of that.

Seeing someone pay with foodstamps then going out and getting into a new car.

xstephax

i avoid private and unknown numbers too. and i totally agree that if it's important they'll leave a message. i think that's what angers me the most is regardless of who's calling, if it's important, leave a message. there's no need to call 20 times in one minute.

and people wonder why i avoid them
th_rolleye0014.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by medicredfearn
I can relate....I have caller ID, and don't answer if it's private, or a number I don't recognize, I'll usually let the voicemail get it....if it's important they'll leave a message right?

Well, after about 4 times, I'll finally answer, but this is what kills me, right? Someone just called my house like 5 times, and then when I finally answer, they have the nerve to say,'Who's this?' I always say the same thing, 'You called, who do YOU want to talk to?' *ARRRRRRGH@!!!!!!*

asnbrb

Quote:
Originally Posted by joytheobscure
I have so many....People who spend tons of money on having a fancy car and house and none on physical appearance-- ok, so, maybe some people think I'm the opposite of that.

word- and I work for a Medicaid Waiver Program and my mom works for Welfare. She sees people with foodstamps, a Gucci bag, tons of jewelry and getting into a Mercedes SLK. The thing is with the food stamps and the car is that the car is considered "necessary" and the government doesn't care about make/model. What they will look at is your assets- like your jewelry and your gucci bag. (Yup- bags will count against you!)

Oh, and the fancy stuff vs. personal appearance? I know people who spendspendspend on stupid stuff, but they look. like. sh*t. I just want to hand that person a bar of soap cause he smells BAD.

asnbrb

Quote:
Originally Posted by shimmer
Here's another one:

Getting so involved in a video game that it consumes your everythought process.

haha. that's me! I get so involved with my problem solving games simply because I hate leaving a problem unsolved. It will BOTHER ME so bad until I solve the damn thing. I will think about it when I'm off the computer or at work until I come up with a solution (I'm so anal at the wierdest things.)

Other games, like shoot em ups? I don't understand that either.

Shimmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by joytheobscure

The foodstamps thing used to bother me...
Until I was that person.

See, when I split from my exhusband I was driving an 01 Pathfinder (this was in 03) and couldn't sell it, because there would have been no way for me to work without it, and I couldn't NOT make the payments on it, so I HAD to get on foodstamps until I got on my feet.

Pride goeth before the fall. Hubris. All that.

joytheobscure

Quote:
Until I was that person.

See, when I split from my exhusband I was driving an 01 Pathfinder (this was in 03) and couldn't sell it, because there would have been no way for me to work without it, and I couldn't NOT make the payments on it, so I HAD to get on foodstamps until I got on my feet.

I've been that person, but we had crap for cars and house that was ours (trailer but all ours). Its not that, I do know a chick who was working at burger king and had a new vehicle and couldn't pay anything was in assisted housing and her banker allowed her to buy it. I can totally understand divorce/etc.. didn't mean to be rude about that.. but perhaps our society is to blame... bankers...credit agencies..

Shimmer

Oh I know you weren't trying to be rude!
Just more of an observation that we don't know everything that's going on in situations like that. Yeah, abuse is there, and OBVIOUS, but it isn't always the case.
smiles.gif

Jaim

Quote:
Originally Posted by xstephax
i don't understand it when someone will call me (and i don't answer -- for whatever reason) and then as soon as the phone stops ringing, the person calls AGAIN...like seconds after their first call. I have a friend who will do this about 5 times in a row.

i don't get it. if i didn't answer 2 seconds ago, what makes you think i'd answer now?

I hate that. Or when someone calls and I miss it, then try to call them back right after and they don't pick up!

as_cute_as_pie

ermmm
when people seem to have zero sense lol like my friend was desperate for a new bag so she went to a jewelry store that had about 3 bags and expected to find one
th_confused_new.gif

also another friend who drove 110mph along the motorway when the limit is 70 (80 at the most) and cudnt see why it was wrong
speakin of which she was recently in a crash where she drove into a wall (normal speed though) and i told my friend i was suprised as i thought it would of been cos she was driving to fast and how it was very silly and my friend replied with oh thats cos when she was going at 110 cos we were racing with someone else
i was like how stupid cant u see that?

sewpunk

I have this friend who is a clothes wh0re, she buys the same outfit over and over again in only slightly different varriations... only to questions me on why I have money to blow on going out and doing things...

Sorry, as much as I LOVE fashion, I care about other things more then having a new outfit.

Ms. Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonrevel
I have a friend who won't take birth control pills because she's afraid of getting cancer, which is perfectly understandable except for the fact that....she smokes. She actually told me this while she had a cigarette in her hand, and I'm like, "???!!?!"

Makes you
th_crazy.gif

I know and have met a few woman that put down wearing makeup because they say it's not natural but they have their hair relaxed, colored, wear nail tips & wraps.

joytheobscure

Quote:
Originally Posted by sewpunk
I have this friend who is a clothes wh0re, she buys the same outfit over and over again in only slightly different varriations... only to questions me on why I have money to blow on going out and doing things...

Sorry, as much as I LOVE fashion, I care about other things more then having a new outfit.

Its no fun spending all your money to make yourself look good and not have money to go out. I do that sometimes ::::cough::mac:::cough:::

joytheobscure

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZLoves2Shop
Makes you
th_crazy.gif

I know and have met a few woman that put down wearing makeup because they say it's not natural but they have their hair relaxed, colored, wear nail tips & wraps.

I think we've all experienced that! I don't understand going to all the work of hair, nails and not finishing it all up with the makeup.

Another Janice!

Quote:
Until I was that person.

My situation leading up to the assistance was a bit different than yours Shimmer, but I agree with the whole post.

And Joy (may I call you that?) Did she get that car repo'ed? That is just ridiculous for a banker to approve a loan when the income is at (or not at) a certain level. We had our vehicles well before we needed assistance. Even if we would have needed to purchase a car, it would have been faaaaaaaaar from new. The idea is to get back on your feet, not fall further behind. DUH!! Some people!

Chic 2k6

well uh, i tend to do calls back to back when i phone my grandparents but only because the answerphone kicks in after 6 rings, and they tend to be slow getting up from their chairs.

For me, Mom says that it is really weird that I take a mouthful of water, tilt my head back and drop in the tablet that way,

xSazx

Quote:
Originally Posted by as_cute_as_pie
ermmm
when people seem to have zero sense lol like my friend was desperate for a new bag so she went to a jewelry store that had about 3 bags and expected to find one
th_confused_new.gif

also another friend who drove 110mph along the motorway when the limit is 70 (80 at the most) and cudnt see why it was wrong
speakin of which she was recently in a crash where she drove into a wall (normal speed though) and i told my friend i was suprised as i thought it would of been cos she was driving to fast and how it was very silly and my friend replied with oh thats cos when she was going at 110 cos we were racing with someone else
i was like how stupid cant u see that?

omfg it's kinda the same with me.. I have this friend & he speeds & doesn't wear a seatbelt.. now he doesn't have the best luck anyway.. a zillion crashes in the first 6 months etc. Soo anyway when I found out about speeding & non seatbelt I had a go at him as you do & brought up his past crashes lol, I mean if your prone to crashes.. WEAR THE DAMN SEATBELT!

a few days after this he crashed into a wall.. & was speeding & no seatbelt at the time :/ & I cant remember what happened something with insurance.. blabla cos he didn't have his seatbelt on.. he kicked up such a fuss about this.. yet he still doesn't wear his fucking seatbelt?! makes no sense to me at all.

also people who spend ALL of their money on alcohol just to brag about how wasted they got, then complain when they have no money for every day things.

Another Janice!

Quote:
also people who spend ALL of their money on alcohol just to brag about how wasted they got, then complain when they have no money for every day things.

I work with quite a few of those people!!

jessiekins1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Another Janice!
I work with quite a few of those people!!

iagree.gif
werd.gif

i hate that shit.
ssad.gif
then they go on to talk about all the fights they got into on the weekend. it makes me feel better about being a homebody.
lol.gif

Wattage

LOL OK so....

Today I am talking on the phone to my brother and he is going on and on about his "juicing machine" and how it's so healthy and the flax and now he wants some wheatgrass... how it like stops "cancer cells" from forming...

OY

So here's the catch:

My brother smokes a pack a day (at least). He also smokes marijuana, everyday, starting at like 9am.

Cancer? OY.

Save me people, save me.

Oh and one more thing. Good this feels good to get this out:

People who call back a number they don't know and asked who called their phone. FRIG. I work at a company of 300 people and when I answer the damn switchboard it's always "Yeah, you just called me?" No dipshit, I did not just call you. Click.

MAC_Whore

Quote:
my exhusband has a thing for almost constantly touching and adjusting his balls...especially when he's excited (not sexually, just regularly excited)...it is something he does like every 3 minutes, I timed it once. And. He. Won't. Stop.

Um...ewww. You poor gal. I used to work with a guy who did that! When I first started working there, I thought, "Yuck! This guy is being really creepy towards me!" Then I realized that he did it around everyone! Male or female. I finally had to say something to him when one day he was in my office and we were discussing something. He adjusted his kiwis, then grabbed my pen to write a note on a post-it! I said something to him about it, attempting to be humorous and diplomatic (trying to make it less akward), but in my head I was screaming. "Dude, you are a biohazzard! Take my pen and burn it!" Blaaaa! Shudder!