Westman Atelier

Winthrop44

#2 is better as #1 is a tad more yellow.
That is GREAT to know! Did you get to see them in person?

@elegant-one this is what she said about using 2 shades:

"Try applying the darker shade to your cheeks, edges of your forehead, and jawline blending down to the neck to add a bit of warmth and connecting your face to your body. And the lighter shade above/under your eye, center of your forehead, nose, and around your mouth/chin. Experiment with this and adjust for your own skin’s character. Enjoy"

I could not use #1 as my darker shade and #0 as my lighter this way because #1 is too yellow to be my main shade, but Maybe #2 and #0 would work based on what @Mac-Guy said.

Last edited:

Winthrop44

"Try applying the darker shade to your cheeks, edges of your forehead, and jawline blending down to the neck to add a bit of warmth and connecting your face to your body. And the lighter shade above/under your eye, center of your forehead, nose, and around your mouth/chin. Experiment with this and adjust for your own skin’s character. Enjoy"

I could not use #1 as my darker shade and #0 as my lighter this way because #1 is too yellow to be my main shade, but Maybe #2 and #0 would work based on what @Mac-Guy said.

I also forgot about these swatches that show 1 and 2 next to eac other, if that’s some help:

http://wondegondigo.com/wondegondigo/2018/9/23/westman-atelier-counter-intelligence

I meant to edit, not quote myself but oh well! :D

Last edited:

Mac-Guy

I could not use [URL=https://www.specktra.net/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=1]#1 [/URL] as my darker shade and #0 as my lighter this way because [URL=https://www.specktra.net/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=1]#1 [/URL] is too yellow to be my main shade, but Maybe [URL=https://www.specktra.net/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=2]#2 [/URL] and #0 would work based on what @Mac-Guy said.

I ordered #2 based on swatches and I got #0 - #4 as samples. #2 is a good match for now and I will get #4 soon to mix with #2 for the summer. #1 and #3 are definitely more yellow-based.

Mac-Guy

That's such a big help. Thanks a lot! We need Barneys to do another deal like they did a few months ago!
In the tube, #2 looks quite yellow in comparison to a MAC NW20, but applied it is a very good match. When you compare #1 and #2 , you can see that #1 is much more yellow-based, but if I would only see #2 , I would have said it is an NC shade.

I also like the foundation brush. It makes it very easy to blend out the stick without looking streaky.

The mirrors in both compacts are too small for my liking. They feel luxurious, but the mirror is really tiny.

The blush reminds me of the MAC blushettes from Surf Baby. It just shows how innovative MAC was many moons ago.

Winthrop44

In the tube, #2 looks quite yellow in comparison to a MAC NW20, but applied it is a very good match. When you compare #1 and #2 , you can see that #1 is much more yellow-based, but if I would only see #2 , I would have said it is an NC shade.

I also like the foundation brush. It makes it very easy to blend out the stick without looking streaky.

The mirrors in both compacts are too small for my liking. They feel luxurious, but the mirror is really tiny.

The blush reminds me of the MAC blushettes from Surf Baby. It just shows how innovative MAC was many moons ago.

Do you like to apply from the stick and then blend with the brush or apply with the brush?

Mac-Guy

Do you like to apply from the stick and then blend with the brush or apply with the brush?

I do both. First from the stick wherever I need it. Then blend with the brush. Then use the brush to pick up some more product from the tube to conceal where I need more. Using this technique allows me to achieve light to medium coverage. I am sure I could build it up to more coverage, but then I would use a different product. I really enjoy how light and nourishing it feels on the skin.

Mac-Guy

You cannot fail with this contour! The shade/tone, texture & sheerness is perfection. I have other contours, Chanel being one of the better ones. This one is so versatile. It's beautiful on, face & eyes. I am SO happy this foundation works for you. I agree, I will actually use this foundation. I LOVE that pale ballet pink tube too. I just had a stupid time because I "tried" to sit all of them next to each other & they fought it with the magnetic closure lol.

I wonder how the peach blush shade would look on the eyes.

This annoys the heck out of me. LOL. I almost dropped the highlighter stick as I placed it too close to the foundation.

elegant-one

I do both. First from the stick wherever I need it. Then blend with the brush. Then use the brush to pick up some more product from the tube to conceal where I need more. Using this technique allows me to achieve light to medium coverage. I am sure I could build it up to more coverage, but then I would use a different product. I really enjoy how light and nourishing it feels on the skin.
Yes, & Yes :) That's exactly how I apply. It does feel so good on the skin.

Mac-Guy

I love the Peche highlighter. It is a very natural sun kissed look on my skin. It is annoying to open. I try one side, and it doesn't open. Then I try the other side and it doesn't work either. :smokin:I need to figure out a way to remember on what side it opens.

I also like how light the contouring stick feels on my skin. Again, it is a very natural contour, which looks very modern and fresh. I doubt that it will work on darker skin tones and even medium skins might not see much.

The bronzer is a good shade too. Not too warm, but warm enough for NW skin. I am not sure who said that it is very pigmented. Was it Michele? I find the bronzer to be in the normal range of pigmentation. Definitely not crazy pigmented. It is super soft, which results in some kick back. Maybe if you use a stiffer brush, you end up with too much product.

Mac-Guy

What is everyone using as a setting powder? I've been getting good results with the By Terry Hyaluronic powder. It also works with the MAC Prep n Prime powder. I hope WA comes out with a setting powder. It is missing within the range.

Mac-Guy

Got Peche highlighter & Dou Dou blush this morning.

Peche is a pale bronzed browned peach with subtle shimmer. It looks fabulous as an eyeshadow & I loved the sculpting Biscuit over it in the crease. On my skin sheered out, it is a beautiful natural sun kissed shade. I wore it today with Dou Dou blush over it on the apples & it was so beautiful.

Dou Dou is amazing. I love it. The shade is the prettiest warm plum berry shade. It looks so natural & complexion enhancing on. Actually, I think this is why I am loving everything from this line. It's more complexion enhancing than just wearing makeup. All the products have this magic thing where it blends out to look like your skin. And, like Winthrop said earlier about the foundation, the longer you wear it the better it looks. This may be my favorite makeup line ever.

I don't think I can ever do my makeup again without Biscuit! I LOVE it on my eyes as an es & in the crease over other shades more than anything else. It does this amazing definition/enhancing magic. :heart:

I am trying to decide between Petal and Dou Dou. I don't think I need both. Maybe Petal is on the safer side. I will pop into Barneys next week to swatch it in person.

Could you order the blender brush yet?

Winthrop44

What is everyone using as a setting powder? I've been getting good results with the By Terry Hyaluronic powder. It also works with the MAC Prep n Prime powder. I hope WA comes out with a setting powder. It is missing within the range.

None. TBH I just apply with fingertips over my sunscreen and I'm good to go.

The Barneys deal was 15% off beauty if you spent $150 and they had 6% Ebates at the same time, so not bad for Barneys.

Last edited:

elegant-one

I am trying to decide between Petal and Dou Dou. I don't think I need both. Maybe Petal is on the safer side. I will pop into Barneys next week to swatch it in person.

Could you order the blender brush yet?
I would get Petal. I'm sure that I will end up with that blender brush.

elegant-one

I love the Peche highlighter. It is a very natural sun kissed look on my skin. It is annoying to open. I try one side, and it doesn't open. Then I try the other side and it doesn't work either. :smokin:I need to figure out a way to remember on what side it opens.

I also like how light the contouring stick feels on my skin. Again, it is a very natural contour, which looks very modern and fresh. I doubt that it will work on darker skin tones and even medium skins might not see much.

The bronzer is a good shade too. Not too warm, but warm enough for NW skin. I am not sure who said that it is very pigmented. Was it Michele? I find the bronzer to be in the normal range of pigmentation. Definitely not crazy pigmented. It is super soft, which results in some kick back. Maybe if you use a stiffer brush, you end up with too much product.
That peche highlighter is so pretty! I've also used it on my eyes. I posted how freakin irritating it is to open...especially with my nails darn it.

The contour is one of my FAVE products! I use it in the crease of my eyes too with Petal on the lid. SO pretty. I did not get the bronzer so maybe that is next.

Last edited:

Latest posts