Westman Atelier

Mac-Guy

I just saw her new mascara on Instagram but got involved in reading something else and when I went back to grab a link to share here I couldn’t find it again. Maybe it wasn’t supposed to be shared yet? Said something about giving a false lashes look. You can also get glimpse of it at the end of her bathroom tour of skincare in the latest Gucci’s Guide video on her site.

I saw it in her video! I hope she comes out with cream eyeshadows soon.

elegant-one

Bronze Suede looks pretty although it didn't look bronze on the model. It looked more on the pink side. Am I missing something? Maybe just the photo.

Mac-Guy

Bronze Suede looks pretty although it didn't look bronze on the model. It looked more on the pink side. Am I missing something? Maybe just the photo.

I assume it is more a golder version of the existing one. I don't think that any of her photos looks very accurate. I will finish the one I have before I buy the new one. I already hit pan. Will definitely repurchase, but I am trying to be smart with cream products.

peanut

Just finished watching the latest "In the Bathroom with" series...this time with Gucci Westman! Has some similar information as in the Bathroom Tour on Gucci's website, but definitely interesting. I love Gucci's hair and makeup in this video! Does anyone know how she do that to her hair?

JerseyGirl

The new product is a mascara! I’m very curious to try it.
The foundation isn’t working so well for me. It seems to settle in all my pores and accentuates every dry spot. Not sure if I’m doing something wrong? Does anyone use a certain primer underneath that works well? Maybe it’s just my skin.

Mac-Guy

The foundation isn’t working so well for me. It seems to settle in all my pores and accentuates every dry spot. Not sure if I’m doing something wrong? Does anyone use a certain primer underneath that works well? Maybe it’s just my skin.

I found most Youtubers apply well to much. Try to use less product. Work it in with your fingers and use the brush to add more coverage where needed.

I don't think a primer is necessary for this foundation. I use primer with any other foundation.

I hope it works out for you.

Winthrop44

Are you using it over sunscreen or a particular moisturizer? I did finally cave and get her brush but most times when I wear foundation (which is not that often!) just pat it on only where needed using my fingers and then blend it out with fingers from there. lol. I have seen Gucci dab it on directly from the stick where needed or use her brush, and then blend it out with the brush. There's a really long early YuoTube video with a blonde model that was pretty helpful (though hard to sit thru the banter, lol) but I can't find it atm.

elegant-one

Yes, Emily sure does have perfect skin!

Have you used the brush yet? I use the brush when I have more time, but mostly do the foundation dabbing just like you. I still really love everything. I need to get shade 2 yet...was that the one lol?

JerseyGirl

I found most Youtubers apply well to much. Try to use less product. Work it in with your fingers and use the brush to add more coverage where needed.

I don't think a primer is necessary for this foundation. I use primer with any other foundation.

I hope it works out for you.

I tried your recommendation and it helped, no settling in pores, but any dry flakes (I used Retin-A the night before) were still noticeable. At least to me... so I feel I’m getting closer to a solution!

JerseyGirl

Are you using it over sunscreen or a particular moisturizer? I did finally cave and get her brush but most times when I wear foundation (which is not that often!) just pat it on only where needed using my fingers and then blend it out with fingers from there. lol. I have seen Gucci dab it on directly from the stick where needed or use her brush, and then blend it out with the brush. There's a really long early YuoTube video with a blonde model that was pretty helpful (though hard to sit thru the banter, lol) but I can't find it atm.

I’ve tried using it over sunscreen. I’ll keep trying different ones to see if any of them work better. Do you know a sunscreen that it works well with? Using my finger to apply instead of directly from the stick has helped as far as settling in pores. This way I start out with much less product. Now I just have to figure out dry patches! I’m hopeful!!

JerseyGirl

Yes, Emily sure does have perfect skin!

Have you used the brush yet? I use the brush when I have more time, but mostly do the foundation dabbing just like you. I still really love everything. I need to get shade 2 yet...was that the one lol?
I haven’t tried her foundation brush yet... I’ll probably order it soon.

Mac-Guy

I tried your recommendation and it helped, no settling in pores, but any dry flakes (I used Retin-A the night before) were still noticeable. At least to me... so I feel I’m getting closer to a solution!

Did you just start with Retin-A? If you stick to it, it will get better. Until then, you probably have to deal with dry patches. I would argue that any foundation will cling to Retin-A patches. If I have a dry patch, I try to avoid the area as much as possible.

Mac-Guy

I’ve tried using it over sunscreen. I’ll keep trying different ones to see if any of them work better. Do you know a sunscreen that it works well with? Using my finger to apply instead of directly from the stick has helped as far as settling in pores. This way I start out with much less product. Now I just have to figure out dry patches! I’m hopeful!!

I use Drunk Elephant sunscreen, both tinted and the regular one. It works very well with WA, but the foundation will be more dewy.

JerseyGirl

Did you just start with Retin-A? If you stick to it, it will get better. Until then, you probably have to deal with dry patches. I would argue that any foundation will cling to Retin-A patches. If I have a dry patch, I try to avoid the area as much as possible.
I feel like I’m about a month into using it consistently, but still working my way up to more than once or twice a week. I’m flaking a little at twice a week. I guess it’s still trial and error for a while. I think I’m realizing liquid foundations don’t show the patches as much as a creamy stick foundation just because of the application. There’s just less “rubbing” when applying a liquid. I’m not giving up yet! Hopefully in another month the flakes will get better and I’ll be happy with the foundation. Thanks for all your suggestions.

Mac-Guy

I feel like I’m about a month into using it consistently, but still working my way up to more than once or twice a week. I’m flaking a little at twice a week. I guess it’s still trial and error for a while. I think I’m realizing liquid foundations don’t show the patches as much as a creamy stick foundation just because of the application. There’s just less “rubbing” when applying a liquid. I’m not giving up yet! Hopefully in another month the flakes will get better and I’ll be happy with the foundation. Thanks for all your suggestions.

Give it time, especially if you want to increase your Retin-A schedule. I use it six days a week. I still have the occasional dry patch. Drunk Elephant Marula oil or Kjaer Weis the Beautiful Oil usually takes care of it and works well with the WA foundation.

Mac-Guy

New foundation shade: Meet the new Vital Skin foundation shade that's our fairest yet! Atelier N is a true porcelain hue with cool neutral undertones

Latest posts