Westman Atelier

Winthrop44

New foundation shade: Meet the new Vital Skin foundation shade that's our fairest yet! Atelier N is a true porcelain hue with cool neutral undertones

N, 0 and 1 are all described as versions of neutral on her site despite looking wildly (to me anyway) different from each other in undertone in the swatch pictures. This latest one does look the most neutral but much lighter, too light for me thank goodness, because I find the shade selection very confusing especially for a line that many people can’t see in person.

Mac-Guy

The shade descriptions are confusing, but it is the same for every company. I am thrilled that Gucci is expanding the shade range. I was curious to learn how she would name lighter foundations. I was expecting a 00. LOL

Winthrop44

The shade descriptions are confusing, but it is the same for every company. I am thrilled that Gucci is expanding the shade range. I was curious to learn how she would name lighter foundations. I was expecting a 00. LOL

Exactly! She kind of boxed herself into a corner. LOL

Winthrop44

Did anybody try the new shade (N)? I am curious how it compares to 0 and 1.

Mac-Guy Mac-Guy I have not but I did ask someone who was raving about it on IG and she answered that if you are fair and 0 is too pink and 1 is too yellow you should try N because it's truly neutral. I'd like to try it now but I feel like I'm going broke trying to find the perfect shade!

Mac-Guy

Mac-Guy Mac-Guy I have not but I did ask someone who was raving about it on IG and she answered that if you are fair and 0 is too pink and 1 is too yellow you should try N because it's truly neutral. I'd like to try it now but I feel like I'm going broke trying to find the perfect shade!

Thanks, I might get it when it becomes available in Europe.

If you like the formula, then go for it. I truly love this foundation, especially using two or more shades. It just makes it look very natural as you get dimension. I used 1 and 2, and a tiny bit of 3 for the summer. I now transitioned back to 0 and 1.

In the past six months, I used about half of 2, a quarter of 1 and two samples of shade 3. I guess in total it is one foundation stick for six months. Considering the amount of time, it is a reasonable price (still expensive, but affordable). It only gets expensive when you don't use it.

It is the first time in years, that I am rebuying the same foundation and not hunting for a new one.

Mac-Guy

Did you buy shade N yet?

Winthrop44

Did you buy shade N yet?

No. I did ask about samples thru the web site and they told me they only offer samples of III, V and VIII for now but hope to have other shades in the future. I'll just stick with what I have until when and if I can get a sample.

Latest posts