Westman Atelier

Winthrop44

I was wondering if you could use the product. If you already know that one ingredient will bother you, stay clear. I will keep you posted once I purchase it.

On a related note: I wonder why Gucci doesn't get her rosacea treated with IPL or laser. I got IPL a couple of years ago (and other lasers) and it was the best decision ever. I only had one touch up IPL session.
Hard to believe she hasn’t, isn’t it? The thing is she does a lot of facials, etc that would be considered no-no’s, so maybe if she does get laser treatments she undoes the progress she makes? I do know a couple of people who had very bad laser experiences so she could possibly fall into that category as well, and has steered clear since. Who knows, but I‘ve wondered too.

Mac-Guy

Hard to believe she hasn’t, isn’t it? The thing is she does a lot of facials, etc that would be considered no-no’s, so maybe if she does get laser treatments she undoes the progress she makes? I do know a couple of people who had very bad laser experiences so she could possibly fall into that category as well, and has steered clear since. Who knows, but I‘ve wondered too.

I agree, she uses a lot of products, procedures, and devices I would stay clear from... For my part, I'm so happy that I went down the laser route. And I switched completely to Drunk Elephant. It's not to say that DE is the best, but sticking with one routine and the right ingredients will make such a difference. I'm not surprised to see influencers with badly messed up skin by testing out gazillion of products.

Back to WA: Somehow the shade descriptions changed. I'm pretty sure that Atelier 0 was once called "rose" and it says yellow undertone. I also don't think that Atelier I has a neutral undertone. In fact, I find it pretty yellow. When I use the stick foundation, I go for two shades at least, most likely N and 0,5. It looks very natural on me. That's what I really appreciate about WA.

Winthrop44

I agree, she uses a lot of products, procedures, and devices I would stay clear from... For my part, I'm so happy that I went down the laser route. And I switched completely to Drunk Elephant. It's not to say that DE is the best, but sticking with one routine and the right ingredients will make such a difference. I'm not surprised to see influencers with badly messed up skin by testing out gazillion of products.

Back to WA: Somehow the shade descriptions changed. I'm pretty sure that Atelier 0 was once called "rose" and it says yellow undertone. I also don't think that Atelier I has a neutral undertone. In fact, I find it pretty yellow. When I use the stick foundation, I go for two shades at least, most likely N and 0,5. It looks very natural on me. That's what I really appreciate about WA.

I found those shade descriptions for the Skin Tint very confusing too; my experience with the stick shades was exactly as you described them. Could they seriously have made the shades different in the two products or did someone just mess up when they entered text on the web site? When I've seen someone question if shades were the same between the two products on their IG the response was to DM them. Confusing!

Mac-Guy

I found those shade descriptions for the Skin Tint very confusing too; my experience with the stick shades was exactly as you described them. Could they seriously have made the shades different in the two products or did someone just mess up when they entered text on the web site? When I've seen someone question if shades were the same between the two products on their IG the response was to DM them. Confusing!

On Niche Beauty, the European distributor, Atelier 0 is still described as neutral cool gentle rose. It is so confusing. Whenever I wear the stick, I use at least 2, most likely 3 shades, so it all works out for me and it looks very natural.

But you might be right that somebody messed up when editing the website. This would make sense.

I'm still very happy overall with WA. I use all the products on a regular basis and overall I'm probably spending less than with all the MAC collections that I bought.

I hope that Peau de Santé is released to Niche soon. Any maybe she brings out a new eye shadow. Something peachy would be nice.

Mac-Guy

Another Youtuber also mentioned to the discrepancy of the WA Shade 0 description. I would if Gucci is going to fix it. As so many people ask about the shade descriptions and what shade to pick, I wonder why it wasn't addressed much earlier.

Mac-Guy

I ordered 0.5 now. I'm sure I will enjoy the complexion drops. The brush is not available yet in Europe, but I'll order when it will be released.

Mac-Guy

I ordered 0.5 now. I'm sure I will enjoy the complexion drops. The brush is not available yet in Europe, but I'll order when it will be released.

05. is a good match for me. I only use three drops (as advised by Gucci), and I think I could also get away with 0 or N. I might get N at some point, but for now 0.5 is perfect. The brush is still not available in Europe, so I used my fingers. I used it right after the Drunk Elephant sunscreen (which is already dewy) and the drops are also dewy and hydrating. If you don't like dewy skin, this is probably not the best product for you. It sits well on my skin, feels nourishing. With three drops, you don't get a lot of coverage, but it's perfecting what is already there. It really looks like skin.

I have a feeling that if I only use three drops, this will last me forever. This goes for most of the WA products. They last me a long time. So yes, it is expensive, but as it will last so long, it's actually not expensive. It only gets expensive when you don't use it and buy five other foundations.

Those YouTubers who complained that it is too sticky probably used way too much product. Gucci has a very dewy aesthetic, and if you follow her recommendations on how to use the product, it is really good IMO. But it doesn't provide more than light coverage.

Mac-Guy

I really love the new brush: It's very easy to use and it works so well with the drops. The price tag is high, but its WA. The only downside is that it takes ages to dry. I wash my brushes after each use and I almost need a second one if I want to use it 24 h later.

I still will wash my brushes every day. I'm so annoyed by all the "hard pan" complaints - especially for the WA bronzer - as it is clearly related to dirty brushes. I think I'm on my fifth WA bronzer and I never had hard pan. I assume that every make up lover has tons of brushes. You don't need WA brushes, but a clean brush is just essential. Oh well, I think I've been repeating myself for the past 15 years (or however long I've been on Specktra).

I'm annoyed the the Petal LE contains the petal blush again. We all have it already. Why not produce a set without her bestseller? I have the set in my shopping cart, but I'm still thinking about it...

Winthrop44

I really love the new brush: It's very easy to use and it works so well with the drops. The price tag is high, but its WA. The only downside is that it takes ages to dry. I wash my brushes after each use and I almost need a second one if I want to use it 24 h later.

I still will wash my brushes every day. I'm so annoyed by all the "hard pan" complaints - especially for the WA bronzer - as it is clearly related to dirty brushes. I think I'm on my fifth WA bronzer and I never had hard pan. I assume that every make up lover has tons of brushes. You don't need WA brushes, but a clean brush is just essential. Oh well, I think I've been repeating myself for the past 15 years (or however long I've been on Specktra).

I'm annoyed the the Petal LE contains the petal blush again. We all have it already. Why not produce a set without her bestseller? I have the set in my shopping cart, but I'm still thinking about it...
I feel the exact same way about the Petal set. Annoying, and I can’t imagine she won’t release the two new items separately eventually.

Mac-Guy

I feel the exact same way about the Petal set. Annoying, and I can’t imagine she won’t release the two new items separately eventually.
I still have the set in my shopping cart. She didn't release the set from last year separately. I really enjoy the Bordeaux compact and the champagne lit up stick. Or was this released separately and I missed it? She did release Mimi blush though, which I'm glad that I got it when it was first released.

Winthrop44

I still have the set in my shopping cart. She didn't release the set from last year separately. I really enjoy the Bordeaux compact and the champagne lit up stick. Or was this released separately and I missed it? She did release Mimi blush though, which I'm glad that I got it when it was first released.
I think you’re right. I thought Parla had been released but I think I must have been thinking of Brûlée.

Mac-Guy

I finally placed my order for the Petal LE.

My order arrived. The Petal Lit Up stick is lovely. It's pigmented, but not overwhelmingly colorful. I also appreciate the LE packaging, which makes it easier to identify the stick.

I will wait to open the lip balm until I finished Garconne. I don't expect too much color from the Petal lip balm, but it will be a nice and everyday item.

JerseyGirl

My order arrived. The Petal Lit Up stick is lovely. It's pigmented, but not overwhelmingly colorful. I also appreciate the LE packaging, which makes it easier to identify the stick.

I will wait to open the lip balm until I finished Garconne. I don't expect too much color from the Petal lip balm, but it will be a nice and everyday item.
I like the petal set, I never bought the full size, I had the mini so I’m happy to have the full size one. I think the lip gloss is my favorite of all.

JerseyGirl

For holidays there’s another set, I think it’s called eye love you set. Mascara pencil and new eye shadows. It’s listed as out of stock on Sephora and westman atelier but I haven’t seen it promoted yet at all. Hopefully it just says that until it comes in and it’s not already sold out.

Mac-Guy

I agree!! Why so many at once? I will never finish them!!

My rule is to only have open two at a time. It works pretty well for me. I just finished Garconne yesterday, which meant I could open Petal today. It is better than I expected and I have a feeling that Gucci will add it to the permanent line.

Mac-Guy

For holidays there’s another set, I think it’s called eye love you set. Mascara pencil and new eye shadows. It’s listed as out of stock on Sephora and westman atelier but I haven’t seen it promoted yet at all. Hopefully it just says that until it comes in and it’s not already sold out.

I hope that the sets come to Europe. Apparently the Vault is available at Selfridges only - and I hope that WA gave me the wrong information. The Eye Kit looks very nice too. Gucci always puts interesting colors together that are so easy to work with. I use the Green eyeshadow as a liner, and it is the most natural liner that I've ever had - much more natural than any brown or grey liner. Thus I'm very much looking forward to a a new eyeshadow trio.

JerseyGirl

My rule is to only have open two at a time. It works pretty well for me. I just finished Garconne yesterday, which meant I could open Petal today. It is better than I expected and I have a feeling that Gucci will add it to the permanent line.
That’s a good strategy. I’m going to focus on finishing my opened ones then I will adopt that rule.

Latest posts