Westman Atelier

Mac-Guy

That’s a good strategy. I’m going to focus on finishing my opened ones then I will adopt that rule.

It's sometimes hard, especially when you have new lip glosses on your desk. But it is so satisfying to open a fresh one and finish it. It usually doesn't take that long to finish it and I know that the products and fresh and hygienic. I try to have different colors, i.e. Garconne and Nana. It really works for me, keeps my stash at a manageable size, and it allows me to finish products on time.

Mac-Guy

I guess I'm not getting the Vault after all. Selfridges is sold out and I have no idea if they will restock it. And the shipping from WA directly to Europe is just too expensive. I don't mind paying for shipping, but not $50.

JerseyGirl

I guess I'm not getting the Vault after all. Selfridges is sold out and I have no idea if they will restock it. And the shipping from WA directly to Europe is just too expensive. I don't mind paying for shipping, but not $50.
😳
That is crazy!

JerseyGirl

In the US Bergdorf Goodman has the vault. They aren’t specific about international shipping. Maybe you could check their site? Otherwise, I hope Selfridges restocks, it’s still very early in the holiday shopping season. It’s very likely.

Mac-Guy

In the US Bergdorf Goodman has the vault. They aren’t specific about international shipping. Maybe you could check their site? Otherwise, I hope Selfridges restocks, it’s still very early in the holiday shopping season. It’s very likely.

Thanks, I will check out Bergdorf Goodman.

JerseyGirl

Mac-Guy Mac-Guy , did you ever purchase the train case? I’m wondering about your thoughts if you did. Some reviews on her website complain of the pouches not fitting correctly.

Mac-Guy

You were right. Selfridges restocked and I ordered the vault. Thanks for staying positive.

Mac-Guy

Mac-Guy Mac-Guy , did you ever purchase the train case? I’m wondering about your thoughts if you did. Some reviews on her website complain of the pouches not fitting correctly.

I didn't as it will probably not fit all the items that I want to take with me when traveling. I always have at least two of the foundation sticks, at a minimum two blushes, two sets of eye pods, powder, bronzer, etc. I wish I would manage to pack lightly. I'm waiting for reviews of the extra large train case or whatever it is called.

Mac-Guy

I received the Eye Love You edition. It's love pure! The e/s seems to have a new formula. It's a bit more powdery, a lot more pigmented, and it is also a very buildable formula. I was not sure if I would like the glitter, but it is very Westman, i.e. fine, subtle, and sophisticated. The formula blends like a dream and it is really foolproof. If you are used to the old formula, I recommend to go very easy at first - at least if you prefer a subtle look. I have not tried out the eye pencil and I will gift the mascara to a friend.

Winthrop44

I'm curious what new product Gucci will release next week. Any guesses?
From what I’m seeing on IG it’s some sort of “flawless face prep” product. Guess we’ll find out tomorrow!

Edit: So it's a serum. Looks very nice but will have to be a skip for me because my rosacea doesn't like propanediol or gluconolactone.

Last edited:

Mac-Guy

From what I’m seeing on IG it’s some sort of “flawless face prep” product. Guess we’ll find out tomorrow!

Edit: So it's a serum. Looks very nice but will have to be a skip for me because my rosacea doesn't like propanediol or gluconolactone.
For me, it will be a skip too. I'm sure that the serum is nice, but my skin is so happy with Drunk Elephant, there is no need to add something new. Switching to DE and laser treatments have been the best decision I've made in the past five years.

I hope that Gucci releases a summery eye shadow soon. No more skincare please.

Winthrop44

For me, it will be a skip too. I'm sure that the serum is nice, but my skin is so happy with Drunk Elephant, there is no need to add something new. Switching to DE and laser treatments have been the best decision I've made in the past five years.

I hope that Gucci releases a summery eye shadow soon. No more skincare please.
My understanding is there were articles in Bazaar and the NYT over the past couple of days talking about this just being the start of her skincare. I'm with you though. Have you tried DE Bouncy Brightfacial? I'm a little nervous about it (not sure about SA and past bad experience with AA many years ago but just threw a boatload on per derm instructions at the time) but thinking of cautiously trying it.

Mac-Guy

My understanding is there were articles in Bazaar and the NYT over the past couple of days talking about this just being the start of her skincare. I'm with you though. Have you tried DE Bouncy Brightfacial? I'm a little nervous about it (not sure about SA and past bad experience with AA many years ago but just threw a boatload on per derm instructions at the time) but thinking of cautiously trying it.

I use two pumps of DE Bouncy Bright as the final step of my night routine. My skin loves it and all products go so well together.

And that is the problem. A lot of people try out too many different things and mess up their skin. It is certainly tempting to buy every new product on the market, but most skins can't handle frequent changes.

Oh well, I guess we will see quite a few skincare releases from Gucci in the future. I still hope for more make up. It is simply amazing, especially for more mature skins and natural looks.

Icecaramellatte

Hi Guys long time no see! I finally tried this brand. Bought the liquid foundation and 2 mini highlighters. Got a mini blush stick as a GWP. What do you think of the brushes?

Mac-Guy

Hi Guys long time no see! I finally tried this brand. Bought the liquid foundation and 2 mini highlighters. Got a mini blush stick as a GWP. What do you think of the brushes?

I use the powder brush and the blender brush on a daily basis. I also love the two eye shadow brushes, which work really well with WA. The blush blender is nice, but it is not a must have. Same for the foundation brush.

Latest posts