Wet n' Wild products getting better?

beautifulxdisaster

So the other day I was at sav ons, I was browsing through the make up aisles and noticed the wet n' wild line and some of the things piqued my interest and at 2$-3$ I thought why the hell not right? I bought some things, tried them out at home and I was definitely suprised!

Champagne Frost creme eyeshadow was really pigments and frosty when I patted it on my lids, it made a great base for my shadows and lasted a long time. The blush stick I got was also nice, it looked pretty natural and smoothed on. I also got a lipstick and was suprised at how moisturizing it was o_o.

I hope i'm not losing you all yet
lol.gif
I'm thinking it probably has to do with them being bought out by Markwins. I'll post pictures of everything I got tomorrow!!!

mspixieears

Personally, always loved their blush sticks, even swapped for them! One of the nicest drugstore brands I've ever tried. for real. One b/s I have is a dead ringer for Nars Copacabana mult and sooooooo much cheaper. What's not to love?!

sigwing

I've had a hard time finding a taupe brow pencil that can beat theirs, and esp. for .99 or whatever it is. The lipliners aren't bad either.

Now I'm going to have to go check out their blush sticks & that shadow you described! *s*

Sushi_Flower

I've just seen Wet and Wild been sold in UK for the first time.
It all looks reeeealy cheap and like the stuff you should avoid but US people are always talking about it. Is there anything worth checking out?

sigwing

Sushi, I hadn't tried anything but the pencils, and the cheap lip pencils are classic. They're really not bad for 99 cents or whatever, and like I said, I use the Taupe brow pencil and always go back to it after trying other stuff. I have noticed some new looking things lately, just glancing at it on my way down the aisle, but now I might look at the couple things mentioned here. I'll always buy that pencil for my eyebrows, tho.

Wontpayretail23

WnW Products

The cream eyeshadows make excellent eyeshadow bases. I quit using MAC paints and started using these. I even prefer these over Urban Decay primer potion.

deathcabber

I have had great luck with their stuff! I love the cream e/s's, powder e/s's, wild shine lipsticks, powder blushes (even though the packaging is awful), and cream blush sticks. At the price you cant go wrong just trying them! The cream e/s in Champagne is so pretty. My other fave is Sensual Sage e/s.

user3

I agree they have got a lot better!!!
I've always loved their lip liners but I must admit that cream e/s they have really stays put!

Hope you enjoy your haul!

mspixieears

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparklyrocks
I agree Wet n Wild has some great stuff!

It's the cream blush stick in Flirt that's the one that looks just like Nars Copacabana, in case anyone's interested. I also use the "Bronzzer," and eyeliner pencils.

That's the one, babe! I even got a US swapper to CP 2 of them, one for me and one for a pal. She was thrilled. I also like Coy and Mischievous, I think the latter is called.

user4

the last time i bought nething from wet n wild was about a year ago and i was kind of dissappointed... maybe i should give it another shot...

Bubbles12_98

I think I might pick up the WnW cream e/s since I don't have the money to spend on MAC paints & I really would like to have a green & pink base for some e/s. I just bought Bare Canvas though
greengrin.gif

ChrisKsAngel

LOL... for the price Wet n' Wild is not bad at all. For a long time, I only wore neurtral e/s, so when I decided to branch out into color, I bought their e/s for testing before I invested in the expensive colors. Till this day, I still reach for an old purple duo that matches one of my shirts perfectly.
smiles.gif

maclay

I also use their (lol) "Bronzzer", sparklyrocks. I love it. I think I have the Medium/Dark shade... One thing I like about it is that it is matte... And if I want shimmer over top, I can apply some. And it's soooooo inexpensive. I haven't found that it clogs my pores.

I forgot: I think the key is avoiding the Light/Medium shade... From reviews I've read, it sounds very red.

Caderas

I just bought my first liquid eyeliner from them yesterday since I've heard so many raves about it. Just in black, but I can't wait to get the tealy-green colour!! It works so well, I was afraid before. But I think I'll try incorporating it within more of my looks. Definetly give their liquid eyeliner a couple thumbs-ups.

OldSoulsBody

I absolutely SWEAR by their lip liner in #712. I don't keep many lip liners in my case because this one works with EVERYTHING. I've heard alot of established artists praise lipliner #666. I tried it and, although it was really nice, I still love my 712 alot better. I actually bought MAC's (which I love MAC) liner in Subculture, and I don't like it as much as my 712.

I'm gonna have to go to CVS or Walgreens and have a try at their other products now.

Sprout

I love their cream e/s, their blush sticks, their All Over Shimmer and liquid eye liners (the bronze/brown one is the best).

HOTasFCUK

Wet'n'Wild was the first make-up I ever bought when i first started experimenting with make-up and wearing it!!! The liners are classic and pretty good and i used to love the nail polish but there was one lipstick me and all my friends wore for years! It was a brown colour (when brown was really popular for lips) and it was called 507A. Their eyeshadows were pretty good too i remember one with white, silver, and i think a shimmer puple, and maybe black. C'mon who could resist a good, cheap drugstore find? LOL

Sushi_Flower

Well i just gave the stuff a closer look the other day and the lip pencils are named with one number only and there are no cream eyeshadows.. :confused:

xiahe

the cream shadows are amazing, especially @ only $2 - $3 a pop. i also really like the glitters that they have - but, i really like glitter. so yeah. ^^;

Latest posts