Wet n' Wild products getting better?

Artemis

Wet n' Wild was my first make up. It's cheap and great start for a 12 year old but as I got older I wanted stuff that lasts longer. It's great for the price but it all disappears from my face within 2 hours and that blush makes me break out. In fact most drug store brands make me break out.

XsMom21

I adore Wet n Wild. Mostly because I'm too cheap most of the time to even by CG lol. I've used almost every product they have, save for some of the new products. I do, however, still have ten bucks on my Kmart gift card from Xmas... so I may just have to get some blush and the bronzzer.

stevoulina

I love WnW Eyeshadow Trios! I have one in Belgian Chocolates and I'm thrilled!!! I wanna try more shades!!
smiles.gif

Dreamergirl3

wet n wild lip liners are really good! best of all I'm not afraid to try their stuff because if it's crap, I didn't spend a lot of money, and if it's good, it's a great find on the cheap!

macheartsme

Hey ya'll! I just want to give ya'll a heads up on the WNW cream eyeshadow and blush stick are on clearance now at your local drug store. SO stock up if you like. I might call my walgreens and see what's going in its place and update tomorrow.
smiles.gif

kenmei

WnW products are surprisingly good finds because (or in spite) of their price. Even though i only have one lipgloss from them, I reach for and use it every single day. I'll probably buy my first (sadly enough) eyeshadow from them as well.

Brianne

The newer products are fabulous.
The e/s trios and palettes are wonderful - pigmented, blendable.
I use the cream eyeshadows daily - they make my e/s last forever.

liv

I have a few things from WnW I really like, my favorites being
*Fine Wink e/s
*Acapulco Glow bronzer/highlighter powder
*All Over Shimmer highlighter powder

cynpat2000

Wet and wild has definately gotten better, I just bought the eye shadow single "Prune" and I cant tell the difference between that and MAC moth brown. On me its identical. And the color lasts all day, couldnt be happier.

faifai

I love Wet 'n' Wild. I'm SUCH a bargain shopper in every aspect of my life, but refuse to sacrifice quality for price, which is why I adore this line.

Their nailpolishes are beautiful, especially the "Precious Metals" line. Try the bronze especially, it's a pinky-bronze color that flatters everyone.

Their liquid eyeliners are the best I have ever tried. I have their Megaliners in black, black sparkle, silver sparkle, brown, turqoise, opal, bronze sparkle, and dark grey! And just today at Super Wal-Mart (yes, I know it is the devil, but they carry very random makeup occasionally) I found a H2O Proof liquid eyeliner by Wet 'n' Wild. It's the most AMAZING thing I have ever tried for $3.50. It lasts through washing with hot water and soap, it is a beautiful dark gunmertal color with fine shimmer, and comes in a classy looking tube. So good!

Their "bronzer" in Acapulco Glow is great as a highlighter on my NC45 skin (I honestly don't know how anyone could use it as a bronzer, it is just too light lol).

Their Mega Eyes creme eyeshadow is wonderful. It is shimmery, has lovely color, and is creaseproof, so it makes a great base for other colors.

Their eyeshadow and face palettes are great. $5 for 8 eyeshadows or 4 eyeshadows and highlighter. The "Sand Castle" eyeshadow palette has gorgeous metallic gold, bronze and copper shades.

Today I also picked up a "retractable shimmer liner" in Sky Lights, a very pretty pastel shimmery seafoam green bordering on blue. Used below the lower lashline, it really brightens my eyes up and looks so fresh and summery!

I've also heard great things about their tinted moisturizer, but I have yet to try it.

asian_eyes

I love their eyeshadow palette, the one with eight colors. One palette in Sand XXX is all you need for neutural colors!

Single, trio, and cream eyeshadows are all wonderful for its price.

Lipgloss, I love the sheer tube ones, as well the sponge applicator ones. The color range, also the lasting power.

Liquid liners, I will never pay more than WnW for liquid liners.

Lipsticks, moisturizing, lasts, awesome color range.

Nail Polish: I have received too many compliments when I wear them, esp. the teal shade!!

SpiderSmith

Their liquid liner is wonderful! The best I've tried yet.

I also am a huge fan of their black nail polish. It's one of the few polishes in that color that you don't have to put on 3 coats of.

mariecinder

I'm about to go buy WnW's new waterproof liquid eyeliner. I'm going to a pool party tomorrow and I want to look good. I'll let ya'll know how it goes!

Dark_Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by asian_eyes
Nail Polish: I have received too many compliments when I wear them, esp. the teal shade!!

Same here! Carribean frost is my fave, I bought it b/c it's a dupe of a retired Revlon one called "Aqua Blast".

yummy411

Quote:
Originally Posted by mspixieears
Personally, always loved their blush sticks, even swapped for them! One of the nicest drugstore brands I've ever tried. for real. One b/s I have is a dead ringer for Nars Copacabana mult and sooooooo much cheaper. What's not to love?!

what's the shade so we can go look for it?

update: found the answer! thanks user sparklyrocks!

yummy411

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushi_Flower
I've just seen Wet and Wild been sold in UK for the first time.
It all looks reeeealy cheap and like the stuff you should avoid but US people are always talking about it. Is there anything worth checking out?

yes the skin illuminator lotions... i think they come in 3 ranges.. brazilian bronze, a goldish color, and a white opal color.... the white opal color is a more potent, pearlized mac strobe cream. i use it under foundations sometimes or mix it with the darker lotion....

yummy411

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisKsAngel
LOL... for the price Wet n' Wild is not bad at all. For a long time, I only wore neurtral e/s, so when I decided to branch out into color, I bought their e/s for testing before I invested in the expensive colors. Till this day, I still reach for an old purple duo that matches one of my shirts perfectly.
smiles.gif

i do the same! lol.. i buy drugstore to experiment, then invest in counter products if feel it is worth my while.

arwennn

I never liked Wet n' wild eyeliners. I always use black eyeliner, and like it really dark, and it was never "dark" enough for me, and didn't really stay put on the waterline.

Their eyebrow pencils, on the other hand, I've been using since I started wearing makeup. They're cheap (99 cents!) they last me a while, and I find that they apply much better than other brands I've tried.

goodbyexxkitty

I never really cared to try wet n wild until recently. Now I have 3 liquid liners, a single eye shadow, a trio of shadows, a blush, and 2 cream shadows (works great as a base!) All of those products are really good. Thier pencil liners really suck though.