What are the makeup no-nos and musts?

jeanna

pat undereye concealer, don't rub. you'll thank yourself in the long run.
pat, pat, pat as if your life depended on it : )

oh, and shape your eyebrows. it makes a world of difference when you have nice, clean brows to frame the eyes. (i find that not only does it make a huge difference in making the eyes stand out, but when my eyebrows are clean, my skin looks clearer for some reason...)

MACgirl

I actually like the bottom smokey eye, it feels and looks sexy to me, i have long bottom lashes and love to put mascara on them but nevr do thye look scary

-anwho i so disliek the oreolips, dark liner and light middle! hate it!

-wrong shade foundation, concealer or powder

-cakiness

-no prob with drawn in eyebrows but do have a prob when you go out in public with your drawn in eyebrows with your eyebrows stubble behind it, hello take the time to take care of it before you try to help yourself!

BUT my biggest peeve is (in general) is girls saying doing makeup takes to long, or client's hinting for me to hurry up becuase they are being hurried up (i norm love an hour), and seeing magazine covers that encourage fast makeup application (FAST MAKEUP NOW!!, THE BEST WAYS TO GET YOUR MAKEUP ON FAST!, THREE WAYS TO SPEED UP YOUR MAKEUP PROCESS!...etc!), i mean to me makeup application is an art, art cannot and should not be rushed, sure i ma lil wierd for that, but i feel if you hurry it up, your taking the fun out of it, makeup is not a chore its an option for exploration......

Endit

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACgirl
BUT my biggest peeve is (in general) is girls saying doing makeup takes to long, or client's hinting for me to hurry up becuase they are being hurried up (i norm love an hour), and seeing magazine covers that encourage fast makeup application (FAST MAKEUP NOW!!, THE BEST WAYS TO GET YOUR MAKEUP ON FAST!, THREE WAYS TO SPEED UP YOUR MAKEUP PROCESS!...etc!), i mean to me makeup application is an art, art cannot and should not be rushed, sure i ma lil wierd for that, but i feel if you hurry it up, your taking the fun out of it, makeup is not a chore its an option for exploration......

Oh well, if they complain, just speed up, and when it looks like crap, blame it on them for rushing you.
lol.gif
But don't get fired.

PrettyKitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackkittychick
Lol, I'm Asian and I use pink blush-I've used the other shades before and they look sort of silly on me. When I blush naturally, I'm pink, so it looks wierd if I apply other colors. I think I look pretty good with it on. 8)

I'm not sure if you say that beause of what I said, but I talk about pink foundation, not pink blush. Asian skin with yellow/olive undertones need a gold/olive foundation, not a pinky one! I've seen an asian girl with pink face, olive body, and it looks like her head isn't made for her body.

beautifulxdisaster

^^^ Just ditch those certain brands when it comes to foundation ^_^ . If it's only certain brands that are like that, use the ones that are not.
What brand do you use for foundation? High end, low end??? If you use low end, Cover girl has good yellow toned foundations for asians skin. L'oreal true match. If you use higher end than MAC moistureblend or something else has colours that will match you.

angela

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeanna
pat undereye concealer, don't rub. you'll thank yourself in the long run.
pat, pat, pat as if your life depended on it : )

oh, and shape your eyebrows. it makes a world of difference when you have nice, clean brows to frame the eyes. (i find that not only does it make a huge difference in making the eyes stand out, but when my eyebrows are clean, my skin looks clearer for some reason...)

i second this! having nicely shaped/groomed eyebrows makes HUGE difference! Remember, your eyebrows frame your eyes!