What are you wearing today?

MrsMay

Ok chickies, my look is extremely boring today due to waking up VERY late (to the sound of the taxi arriving) and hence my makeup was done in the bathroom at Adelaide Airport
nonono.gif

Eyes:
UDPP
Lily White pigment (all over lid)
Coco pigment (crease)
Blacktrack fluidline
Volume Exact mascara
YSL touche eclat (under eyes - needed that this morning lol!)

Face:
Inglot skin primer
Studio Tech NW15
Studio Fix NW20
Stark Naked blush (applied with 181 kabuki as I left my 187 at home in the rush
cry.gif
)

Lips:
Chanel lipliner Pivoine (#32)
Rags to Riches dazzleglass

Okay, I really need to go back to sleep now... do you reckon if I keep reminding myself that I am hitting the Pro store this weekend in Sydney that will keep me awake?
th_LMAO.gif

sambibabe

LOL.. I am glad I am not the only one having a bleh makeup day!
Quote:
Originally Posted by [I
pdtb050606]cremesheen 'crosswires'[/I]

what do you think of Crosswires, pdtb? I think it is very similar to Crazee without the pearls. Oh well, they look the same on my lips, anyway!
Quote:
Originally Posted by spectrolite
And I get to dress up every single day to go to work so no look is too over the top

Okay, now it makes sense
smiles.gif
Wow, is that mean, not only you have a huge MAC haul, but you have a wonderful shoe/suit/dress collection? heehee

MrsMay, what are you getting from the pro store? I am going to the Melbourne Pro store this Sunday.

Anyway, I am feeling tired and flat today and having a bad hair day (damn fringe) doesn't help either!! Today, I decided to stay away from the dark lips and I feel like my look is a bit washed out without it.

Eyes:
Too Faced Shadow Insurance
Cream Base in Luna
Tempting e/s - all over lid and crease
Golden Lemon pigment - centre
Tiny bit of Forest Green pigment - outer lid
White gold pigment - inner lid and lower lash
Benefit High Beam - brow bone

Cheeks:
So Ceylon - contour
Orgasm - a bit of colour
Soft & Gentle - cheek highlight

Lips:
Gingeroot l/l
Bombshell l/s (on my pigment lips, this looks neutral pink)
Ungaro Pastel Emotion l/g

MrsMay

Quote:
Originally Posted by sambibabe

MrsMay, what are you getting from the pro store? I am going to the Melbourne Pro store this Sunday.

I am probably only getting some more 15 pan palettes, as I will be pressing a heap of pigments for my friend as her Christmas present. As I just spent $140 on dresses yesterday I cant really afford too much more lol.

pdtb050606

Quote:
LOL.. I am glad I am not the only one having a bleh makeup day!
what do you think of Crosswires, pdtb? I think it is very similar to Crazee without the pearls. Oh well, they look the same on my lips, anyway!
Okay, now it makes sense
smiles.gif
Wow, is that mean, not only you have a huge MAC haul, but you have a wonderful shoe/suit/dress collection? heehee

Anyway, I am feeling tired and flat today and having a bad hair day (damn fringe) doesn't help either!! Today, I decided to stay away from the dark lips and I feel like my look is a bit washed out without it.

Eyes:
Too Faced Shadow Insurance
Cream Base in Luna
Tempting e/s - all over lid and crease
Golden Lemon pigment - centre
Tiny bit of Forest Green pigment - outer lid
White gold pigment - inner lid and lower lash
Benefit High Beam - brow bone

Cheeks:
So Ceylon - contour
Orgasm - a bit of colour
Soft & Gentle - cheek highlight

Lips:
Gingeroot l/l
Bombshell l/s (on my pigment lips, this looks neutral pink)
Ungaro Pastel Emotion l/g

I really like crosswires, I don't like the frosty or pearl lippies b/c I like to put on gloss, but yeah I am totally lovin this color right now!

sambibabe

Quote:
I really like crosswires, I don't like the frosty or pearl lippies b/c I like to put on gloss, but yeah I am totally lovin this color right now!

Have you tried Ravishing? I like it better because it is more 'out there' for my skintone than Crosswires..
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsMay
I am probably only getting some more 15 pan palettes, as I will be pressing a heap of pigments for my friend as her Christmas present. As I just spent $140 on dresses yesterday I cant really afford too much more lol.

Oh that's nice!! Wonderful MAC pigments and handmade! I just hope the pro store is not busy on Sunday as I need to hassle MA there.

spectrolite

I kept it simple this morning. I was so sleeepy:

Eyes:
Delft p/p
Club e/s - Lids
Entremauve piggie - Crease/Lower lash line
Nanogold - Highlight
Feline - Of course
Plushlash

Face/Cheeks:
Lucent Sheersheen powder - Highlight
Merrily - Blush (I think it was Merrily... I was in a daze
shockt.gif
)

Lips:
Sugarrimed Dazzleglass

sambibabe

Oh yes spectrolite! Now I can easily visualise your eye make up, without all those 5+ colours!! hehe BTW, my friend is getting me CCB Crushed Bougainvillia today. Forgot to check it out last night, so I asked her to get it for me with the Myer discount. I was thinking of getting Nude CCB from the Pro store, but oh well.. Might as well go with the discount!

sambibabe

No one is wearing makeup today?
greengrin.gif

Freezing cold day in Melbourne and I wasn't in a mood to wear bright colours. Can't believe I had to pull out woolly cardigan and turtle neck, which had been tucked away for the winter!

Face
Prep + Prime skin Enhancer in Neutralize
Napoleon Perdis China Doll foundation #1
Benefit Erase Paste Concealer
Studio Fix NC20

Eyes
Gorgeous Gold e/s(all over lid, inner corner and lower lash)
Amber Lights e/s (mid lid)
Copper Beam pigments (crease and V)
All that Glitters & Ricepaper (Highlight)
UD 24/7 liner in Lucky (pearly gold/copper)
Zoom lash

Cheeks
So Ceylon
Soft & Gentle
Nars Armour

Lips
Gingeroot Liner
Hug Me l/s
Viva Glam V l/g

spectrolite

I wore makeup >_< I just got home from work.. It was so cold! The hail was fun too. Once again a simple look as I spent too much time finding something to wear. I kinda packed away all of my wintery stuff a few weeks ago, doh!

Eyes:
Shadow Insurance
Family Silver Mineral shadow (Darker side) applied wet to lids
Hot Contrast Mineralized Duo (Black side) - Crease
Femme Fi - Highlight
Blacktrack/Feline (the usual..heh)
Zoomlash

Lips:
Sugarrimed! Again

Cheeks:
Lovething + Northern light MSF

sambibabe

Quote:
Lips:
Sugarrimed! Again

LOL. The rate you are going, you might have to buy a back up soon! OMG, I love Crushed Bougainvillia, spectrolite!!! I can't believe I totally overlooked it! I love Benefit Benetint shade, but don't like working with 'stain'. CCB CB is like Benetint berry shade, but it is so smooth and soft (hope it doesn't break me out).. Such pretty colour on your lips and cheeks too! You were absolutely right! I might have a look at other CCB shades at the Pro store tomorrow. Awww MAC makes me so happy!

spectrolite

Quote:
LOL. The rate you are going, you might have to buy a back up soon! OMG, I love Crushed Bougainvillia, spectrolite!!! I can't believe I totally overlooked it! I love Benefit Benetint shade, but don't like working with 'stain'. CCB CB is like Benetint berry shade, but it is so smooth and soft (hope it doesn't break me out).. Such pretty colour on your lips and cheeks too! You were absolutely right! I might have a look at other CCB shades at the Pro store tomorrow. Awww MAC makes me so happy!

I'm glad you liked crushed B! I'd hate to have recommended something that looks terrible
smiles.gif
My only gripe is having to apply it with my fingers. If only it came in some kind of stick form like the Nars Multiple. I might stop by the Pro store today too even though I told my housemate that if he saw me heading that way to stop me. We are going to Jam Factory to watch James Bond later >_<

sambibabe

Quote:
I'm glad you liked crushed B! I'd hate to have recommended something that looks terrible
smiles.gif
My only gripe is having to apply it with my fingers. If only it came in some kind of stick form like the Nars Multiple. I might stop by the Pro store today too even though I told my housemate that if he saw me heading that way to stop me. We are going to Jam Factory to watch James Bond later >_<

Have you looked at Paint sticks? They are not as versatile as Mutiple though and also kinda weird on lips
greengrin.gif
. Did you end up getting anything today? The girl who helped me out at Doncaster last Thursday and Sunday was at the pro store today and she asked me to stop haunting her! Now I feel like I have no life, but stalking around MAC stores.
th_crazy2.gif
Anyway, I got Madly Magenta CCB, which is as gorgeous as Crushed Bougainvillia, but a shade lighter. I don't know what I really did @ Chapel today.. I was supposed to get some NARS stuff, but totally forgot to go to Mecca. Hope 007 was good. I am planning to go and see 'Australia'.

spectrolite

I did end up going to the Pro Store >_< I could not resist. I looked at the CCB's but ended up just getting Atlantic Blue e/s pro-pan and a really generous sample of Pink Pearl pigment. I have seen the paint sticks before and almost bought one at some point but I decided it's probably something I'd never use and my Mehron palette probably works just as good.

I ended up wearing my Shadowy Lady quad from Cult of Cherry:

Eyes:
Shadow Insurance
Groundwork p/p
Deep Truth - Lids
Shadow Lady - Outer V (Ugh... so hard to blend this colour)
Smudge Violet - Crease
Lightfall - Highligh

Cheeks:
Lucent Skinsheen - Highlight
Love Thing - Blush
Soft Flame Beauty Powder

Lips:
So Scarlett lipstick
Jampacked lipglass

sambibabe

Was the pro store busy when you were there? When I went there, there was just one person (unsual for me). Then when I was getting served, about 7 people came in, all waiting for MA to serve them (usual for me). I walked past MAC three times after that and it was empty! Even Kookai is usually packed with people and yesterday no one was there! Finally the bad economy is affecting Chapel street?

No make up for me today as I try to give my skin one day break at least
ssad.gif
Just drooling at your So Scarlett l/s and Jampacked L/g combination though - it must be so eye-catching!

MrsMay

My update from the weekend (I was at a friends place in Sydney and didnt have internet access)

Saturday (I was going to an engagement party that night)
Eyes:
UDPP
Your Ladyship pigment (all over lid)
Tea Time pigment (crease)
blacktrack fluidline winged out & tightline
YSL eclat touch under eyes
CG Volume Effect mascara

Skin:
Inglot Skin Primer
Studio Tech NW15
Studio Fix NW20
Stark Naked BPB

Lips:
Plum lipliner
Rapturous mattene
Comet Blue dazzleglass

Needless to say... after a fair few glasses of wine and cocktails on saturday night I wasnt wearing any makeup on Sunday
th_LMAO.gif

Today's look:
Eyes:
Vanilla pigment (highlight)
Gold Dusk pigment (lid)
Coco pigment (crease)
Blacktrack fluidline
CG Volume Effect mascara

Skin:
Usual... see above
Blush: Sweetness BPB

Lips:
Pink Treat cremeliner
Baby Sparks dazzleglass

I made sure I went to the pro store on the Saturday instead of Sunday lol... I picked up three palettes, one for my friend, one for my friend's xmas present and another one for me. I managed to walk in there, get served straight away although it was busy, get those three palettes and walk back out! I was impressed that I managed to resist looking at anything else
thmbup.gif

hope all your girlies had a good weekend!

simplyenchantin

Quote:
Was the pro store busy when you were there? When I went there, there was just one person (unsual for me). Then when I was getting served, about 7 people came in, all waiting for MA to serve them (usual for me). I walked past MAC three times after that and it was empty! Even Kookai is usually packed with people and yesterday no one was there! Finally the bad economy is affecting Chapel street?

I was at the MAC stand at Myer, Chadstone on Saturday and it was *packed*, they had about 5-6 MA's working and we couldn't get a word in! I ended up taking my mum to Inglot to get an eyeshadow brush, and I got some falsies too!
greengrin.gif
(now I just have to figure out how to get them on haha)

sambibabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by [I
simplyenchantin vbmenu_register("postmenu_1389256", true); ]I was at the MAC stand at Myer, Chadstone on Saturday and it was *packed*, they had about 5-6 MA's working and we couldn't get a word in! I ended up taking my mum to Inglot to get an eyeshadow brush, and I got some falsies too!
greengrin.gif
(now I just have to figure out how to get them on haha)[/I]

It was busy at all of the Myer MAC stores on Saturday, because it was the last day to get 15% discount. I had to line up 10-15 minutes, just to get a #187 brush, but I saved $12.75, so it was all worth it!

Kudos for you MrsMay for not getting distracted at the pro store! MAC is like snacking to me - I have no self-control! Your Saturday eye make-up.. That's something I would wear everyday, if I want something natural! I saw all those pretty pigments lined up at the pro store and I resisted not buying one.

By the way, Spectrolite.. Did you say you bought the sample pigment from the pro store???

spectrolite

^^When I went in there around 3:15 it was pretty busy. All of the MA's were busy with customers but my usual MA saw me come in and made time for me which was lovely. The street was really busy in general and when I came out of the movie and walked down Chapel through South Yarra into Windsor it was crawling with people at cafe's and bars. It's a shame so many places close early on Sunday... I reckon if the sun is still up then people are still willing to shop.

I didn't purchase the pigment sample, I just asked for one and she gave me HEAPS in a little screw top jar. They are really good about giving out samples there. So Scarlett + Jampacked = Love. It's the perfect glossy red lip on me. It lasted such a long time too - I had a meal at the pancake parlour and a coffee and only had to touch it up slightly.

No makeup today! It's my day off and I'm still in my pajama's heheh >_<

MrsMay

Quote:
So Scarlett + Jampacked = Love. It's the perfect glossy red lip on me. It lasted such a long time too - I had a meal at the pancake parlour and a coffee and only had to touch it up slightly.

Oooh - I must try this combo!

I have worn So Scarlet with Cult of Cherry l/g, but not Jampacked!

MrsMay

Quote:
Kudos for you MrsMay for not getting distracted at the pro store! MAC is like snacking to me - I have no self-control! Your Saturday eye make-up.. That's something I would wear everyday, if I want something natural! I saw all those pretty pigments lined up at the pro store and I resisted not buying one.

Thanks even though
mac_addict.gif
, I did keep in mind that the friend I was with is soooooo not into makeup, so I just kept it at a minimum. I will spend prolly half a day in the Chapel St Pro store when I am there in march next year, so I can survive until then.

I definately wanted to go with neutrals for eyes as I went so bold with lipstick... plus my dress was black and red brushed satin, so I didnt want to go too over the top.