what brush to use for applying MSF?

miss anna

what brush should i get for applying MSF (So Ceylon)?
i was thinking to get MAC 181...
or do you guys have another suggestion?

one more question, what brush to use for highlighting cheeks?
is MAC 168 great for highlighting cheeks?

suggestions from you guys are really appreciated..
thanx in advance!

Kiss and Makeup

I have one of the MSF (Petticoat) and I use my 187 to put it on. I use that brush, or brushes like it, for just about everything. I love the way they blend, and if I'm wanting a subtle shimmer, you don't have to worry about having a super delicate hand.

laguayaca

I use a buff brush like MAC 180 for all over glow. MAC 187 is great too. The MAC 168 brush is angled and it's great for either highlight or contour because of it's shape and size. I have both full size and SE size in the 168 and to me the one that came in set did not do the full size justice, full sized is sooo soft I love it! I do however have both in the 187 also and I think they are both great! Another awesome blush brush is the MAC 138 it's a ultra soft, puffy dome shaped brudh and it is my HG blush brush it does it all, apply blush wonderfully, excellent for contouring because of the peak of it's dome it's so precise and again the dome is small enough to even highlight. I think this brush is only available at freestanding or online.

Zoffe

I don't personally like the 187 for MSFs. I like a brush that picks up some more color since MSFs go on pretty sheer. Only time I'd recommend the 187 for MSFs would be if the MSF is super dark on you
winks.gif

Otherwise I'd use a brush like the 129 :]

MzzRach

I use the 187 if I am going for an "allover glow" application.

I use the 109 if I am just applying to tops of my cheekbones or smaller areas.

Susanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by MzzRach
I use the 187 if I am going for an "allover glow" application.

iagree.gif

Or the 181.

carandru

I use the 109 for most of my powder apps. Since I use my 187 for foundation, it's usually still wet when it comes time for powder or blush.

TISH1124

Quote:
Originally Posted by carandru
I use the 109 for most of my powder apps. Since I use my 187 for foundation, it's usually still wet when it comes time for powder or blush.

Girl I know I'm horrible..I have (4) 187's ...Enrolling in Mac 187 Brush intervention sessions soon!!
yes.gif

Kiss and Makeup

Quote:

I use my 187 dupe from Coastal Scents for foundation, because I'm afraid to stain the pretty MAC bristles. I will also be in MAC addicts intervention class
greengrin.gif

mac_addict.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by TISH1127
Girl I know I'm horrible..I have (4) 187's ...Enrolling in Mac 187 Brush intervention sessions soon!!

Save me a seat, Tish
greengrin.gif

carandru

Quote:
Originally Posted by TISH1127
yes.gif

Lol, I'm kinda just starting out in the MAC brush world so I only have one of the ones I own. Although, once I get every one that I want, I will probably need to join you in those sessions!! I have a running list of ones that I want more of, lol. O and I will definitely be getting anothe 187 b/c right now I have the SE version and know the full size has to be better. It has to right? Lol.

jdechant

The only MSF I have is petticoat. I am a NC40 so it tends to go on kinda sheer so I use the 116 (blush brush) for the msf because it picks up more color. If you are looking at using it for a highlight above the blush, I would suggest the 127 brush (works great for highlighting). If you are looking at buffing the msf on your face then I would recommend the 181 or 182. It all depends on what you are using it for. The 187 or 188 would be good for application if it is a dark MSF going on a lighter tone skin in my opinion as it applies it sparringly (spelling??). Hope this helps!
smiles.gif

carandru

Quote:
Originally Posted by laguayaca
I've never even glanced at the 109 brush I've been inspired!

As in you don't have it? OMG!! I would die w/o that brush. It just buffs so nicely
choochoo.gif

Icecaramellatte

Quote:
Lol, I'm kinda just starting out in the MAC brush world so I only have one of the ones I own. Although, once I get every one that I want, I will probably need to join you in those sessions!! I have a running list of ones that I want more of, lol. O and I will definitely be getting anothe 187 b/c right now I have the SE version and know the full size has to be better. It has to right? Lol.

I know you are joking but I have 2 of the 187 SE (from Novel Twist I think) and they work just as well as the full size. I can't say that of the other gift set short handle brushes.

Latest posts