What brushes do you Recommend?

meaf

thx a lot! hey i go to singapore during my summer vacation all the time cus my parents r there. :p awesome!

mac_obsession

Moved to the proper forum
greengrin.gif

Incus

Brushes for eyes and cheeks...

Okey dokey.

I'm pretty new to eye makeup and would like to invest in some good quality eye brushes. My question is, what brushes do you think is best and why?

If possible, can one of you lovely people recommend a good eyeliner brush and a nice brush that I can use on my lids. Also, what blush brush do you think is great?!

I'll be popping by my local mac counter early next week to pick up an eye shadow that had run out of stock, so any recommendations would be highly appriciated!

Thanking you all in advance!

Incus
greengrin.gif

crzyc

My all time fav blush brush is Paula Dorf's Baby Cheeks, but I think they stopped making it. Failing that, these are the MAC brushes I like:168 for blush, 224- for an all over wash of color and blending, 263 for lining, 239 for packing e/s on (I have dark eyelids so some colors need to be applied ore heavily).
Do you have a STila counter nearby as well? One 1 love from their line is the #24 double sided illuminating powder brush, I use the fat side for blush, and the flat end for contour. HTHS

Krista

Which brushes do I need?

Hi!

I'm sorry if this has been discussed (and I'm sure it has!) but I did a search and wasn't able to bring anything up.

Is there any thread or website that outlines what the main brushes are that a person needs (preferably with pics?)? I am still learning how to properly apply makeup and just becoming experimental with MAC eyeshadows, etc. I have a couple of pro brushes but I'm not sure what I need as a basic set.

Also, do you all have multiple eyeshadow brushes for daily use? What I mean is, when you change your eyeshadow every day, do you use a new brush or do you clean them all the time? Yikes, I hate being new! hehe. Thanks!

user2

Which brushes do you have!

For a bloody starter I would wait for the holiday brush sets! They have a pretty good range of everything you need like a foundation brush, a blush brush etc.!

And the "skunk" the #187 is a must!!

Krista

Is it expensive?

I have a foundation brush already. I'll have to take pictures of my brushes. Actually, what I need is a good blusher brush.

user4

the 187 is a little expensive, but its sooo good!!!
224 is a great blending brush
217 is like my fave brush of all time (also a blending brush)
226 for fluidlines
219 is good for smudging (but its not an essential i think)

those are the only ones i have
ssad.gif

i need more!!!

caffn8me

The set of eight brushes recommended on the M·A·C Professional Makeup Artisty course as being enough for almost any professional to get started with are;

• #129 Powder/blush
  • #192 Foundation brush
  • #217 Blending brush
  • #219 Pencil brush
  • #222 Tapered blending
  • #249 Large shader
  • #266 Small angle
  • #316 Lip brush (covered)

glittergoddess27

I find the 242 seems to be my universal. It is a stiffer brush,.. good for emollient products and packing on shadow. It also blends well. IF I had to give away all my burshes but 1 that would be the one I could not get rid of.

Dreamergirl3

http://www.a-squirrel.com/face-makeup-brush-sets.html
They have really good makeup brushes for really cheap, or what I consider cheap! Personally I'm waiting til I have the money I need for my Pure Squirrel brush set, but they make a really good 9pc 100% goat/capra collection for only 40 USD...which makes it 4-5$ for each brush! Thats a deal to me...shippings 10 bucks so I guess it would be 50 dollars at about 5.50 each or so...still a deal and a half to me! let me know what you think..HTH!

loewenki

Brushes

Ok, so I'm new here - haven't posted much but have already read and learned a ton. Anywho, I'm looking for some good brushes for a reasonable price and I know that MAC are wonderful because I do own a couple as well as a few Chanel brushes (too expensive but have lasted a while). Does anyone have any recommendations? I was curious if anyone had used the Amazing Cosmetics brushes - I saw them on ULTA and was curious about the quality of these - they looked good but it's hard to say online. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

professionaltart

I have a few DS brushes that really do the trick. I like the Sonia Kashuk (sp?) brushes from target. Her blush brush and powder brush are nice

Dreamergirl3

I love A'Squirrel brushes. They're reasonably priced in my opinion. They have many different brush sets, the cheapest being they're Goat/capra brush set of 9. You get 4 goat hair brushes and 5 other brushes for only 48.90 (that includes shipping). I think its a pretty good deal becaue thats only about 6 dollars per brush, considering that most cosmetic companies sell individual goat hair brushes for a lot and most of the time they're goat hair blends. Heres the link, as for me I'm saving for my pure squirrel brush set! HTH!

Krista

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamergirl3
I love A'Squirrel brushes. They're reasonably priced in my opinion. They have many different brush sets, the cheapest being they're Goat/capra brush set of 9. You get 4 goat hair brushes and 5 other brushes for only 48.90 (that includes shipping). I think its a pretty good deal becaue thats only about 6 dollars per brush, considering that most cosmetic companies sell individual goat hair brushes for a lot and most of the time they're goat hair blends. Heres the link, as for me I'm saving for my pure squirrel brush set! HTH!

Wow, I'm going to look into that set. They're pretty nice, are they? Is the picture on the site a picture of the actual set?

Krista

I'm going to need a lot more money!!!

What exactly do I use the #187 for??? Everyone seems to love it, but I really don't know what to do with it. I don't wear powder (yet - I need to go see an MA about that!) so I'm not sure....

thanks for all the suggestions!

Dreamergirl3

I believe the picture is of the actual set, unless otherwise stated. I think they're really nice. I only had one goat hair brush from there and that was because my aunt had the set and she gave one to me (which I lost while vacationing in L.A.). There's lots of reviews about the brushes, just search the site. Though I gotta admit, the site is kinda hard/confusing to navigate, but once you get the hang of it its pretty neat. Good luck!