what do you do when you're LATE?

mitsukai

what do you lovely gals do when you really wanted to look fab today, but you should have left the house about 5 minutes ago?

i usually go light on the face, just bare escentuals powder instead of full-on foundation, and one, maybe two eye colors, as fast as i can.. something simple that i know works on me, and mascara. but then i'm like, ugh, i don't look so fab
ssad.gif

tips?
smiles.gif

glitterbomb

i usually just moisturize and apply concealer to my face, if it's summer i quickly dust on some bronzer. they i smudge a kohl liner, some mascara (dont even bother with a curler), and chapstick

another thing i do sometimes is just bring Pearl CCB with me, and apply it on my eyelid, browbone, cheekbones, and center of my lips. pearl really is the definition of "multipurpose". it looks really clean and fresh. i also do this with Fawntastic CCB on eyelid, cheekbones, and lips.

x20Deepx

When I'm late, I either don't bother with makeup or I bring a concealer, eyeliner, and bronzer with me to apply on the subway.

Isis

I'm hardly ever late, but this is my solution to those mornings:

*Moisturize
*Conceal
*light wash of color from lid to browbone (think stila's kitten or MAC Sunday Best)
*brow pencil
*mascara (2 coats if you've got that extra second) &
*bold lip color

mitsukai

Quote:
Originally Posted by x20Deepx
When I'm late, I either don't bother with makeup or I bring a concealer, eyeliner, and bronzer with me to apply on the subway.

lucky you! i have to have concealer under my eyes, and mascara on, at the VERY least, or i look completely dead! and i walk to class.. no subway rides for me. not yet at least
smiles.gif

i just need to be better at waking up in the morning
th_confused_new.gif

nakobear

Every morning is a rush out the door for me...I cheat and I put on parts of my makeup during the day but make sure I have foundation on (I use Jane Iredale) and then add a little liner and brown pencil as soon as I get to my desk at work...

JGunnar

I either dont do any or I throw Honey Lust on my lid, Mulch on my crease and Sketch in my out V. Then I do a liquid line and grab some gloss. It's honestly that fastest thing I know how to do and still look decent.

pr1nces583

i tend to skip working so much on my eyes. instead of foundation i use concealer, benetint and benefit dandelion. light colour e/s or s/s as a wash, mascara and im good to go
smiles.gif
if ive got time ill use kohl as a liner too.

kare31

When I'm short of time, but have to look nice:

1. I've already washed and moisturized my face
2. Primer
3. Light concealor on any acne spots, under eyes, around nose
4. NARS multiple in Maui (dusty rose) on cheeks, lips, eye crease, applied with fingers. (Love these things, so quick and easy)
5. Laura Mercier Powder Foundation, swiped on with sponge, buffed out with hands
6. Shu basic mascara (doesnt clump or smear, can swipe on quickly)

I keep these items in purse, except for the primer, so that if i get stuck out somewhere, and need some polish, I'm good to go.

cyens

when I have no time at all, I wsh my face, moisturise, put concealer, some blush and lip gloss... 5 min top chrono

One of my bigest pet peeves is seing people puting make-up in the bus or the subway... A lot of them look realy disgusting also...
That reminds me of this women every moring puting her eye shadow by licking her finger to wet her eyesadow before puting it on... or this other girl that used to put sooo much fucken mascara and curling them also. Or this other girl who uses about 45 diffenrent products...

SORRY but I hate to see those when I go to work in the morning, do it somewhere else then public places, you just look nasty!

mitsukai

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyens
when I have no time at all, I wsh my face, moisturise, put concealer, some blush and lip gloss... 5 min top chrono

One of my bigest pet peeves is seing people puting make-up in the bus or the subway... A lot of them look realy disgusting also...
That reminds me of this women every moring puting her eye shadow by licking her finger to wet her eyesadow before puting it on... or this other girl that used to put sooo much fucken mascara and curling them also. Or this other girl who uses about 45 diffenrent products...

SORRY but I hate to see those when I go to work in the morning, do it somewhere else then public places, you just look nasty!

eww, thats yucky.

Pushpa

i am always on time when it doesn't matter and alway late when it does

i put on foundation bronzer, eyeliner lots of mascara and clear lipgloss or a red l/s

bellaetoile

i've mastered the art of applying makeup in the car while driving to wherever i need to go, like every other female in california, haha.

but if i'm late and need to look nice, i usually just end up shortnening my makeup, such as only one eyeshadow color with liner, versus three or four colors and fluid line and pigment, and then i shave off some time by just doing bronzer instead of an MSF and blush. also, i'll skip the primer stages, and stuff like that. basically just my routine, minus the more intricate steps.

YOOTOPiA

when i have absolutely no time i just grab a chapstick or lip gelee. if i have a few minutes to spare then i put on tech, blush, brule as a wash and curl my lashes. i find shiseido hydro shadows to be great for a quick eye, just swipe swipe and youre done.

joytheobscure

I use a coordinated set- like my naturally eccentric quad with a blushcreme and lippie to match. I'm normally late- thats just me, I do my makeup and drive faster to get where I'm going, I do my eyes as normal skip lining lips or using more than one blush product- and throw five lipsticks in my purse that match and play with my lipsticks on my way.. if I'm 15 minutes late I just throw all my makeup in a bag and do it in the car. <g> Joy<---tends to get road rage at the people in front of me who aren't as late as I am (I drive two lane roads to work all the way).

2_pink

Im usually rushing, but when im REALLY rushing i'll just use some BareMinerals instead of full on primer & foundation, a neutral e/s that will double as a lid & highlight color, then a neutral brown, beige or pink color for the crease, brows, light mascara, lower liner, Benefit Dallas (doubles as a blush & bronzer) and then a TLC with some light gloss.

Hmmm..maybe it sounds like a lot, but it cuts down the time considerably.

bebs

when I'm really running late (I have a small bag that is in a bag that I can grab for in the car really fast without having to pack) it now has in it blot powder, 129sh, prrr, smolder, mascara x, melon in a vial, and a vial in tan, and those great new studio touch-up stick

<3 its saved me many times
smiles.gif

mitsukai

i like the idea of sets, but i hate l/s in a pot, or putting it on with a brush. just.. weird. hehe.

if im SUPER late its just foundation and mascara but usually i like to have an e/s or two
smiles.gif
and lipgloss!

pugmommy7

be foundation,no spot coverage.
mascara
brow powder
covergirl peaches and gleam wetslicks
but these days being a stay at home mom i have free mornings, that will change when they are older.

and in the summer i do moisturizer w/ spf
waterproof mascara( i know it is evil. i only use it in the summer and not at the pool, just when going out)
brows
tlc

afterglow

When I'm really late, I'll just slap on some concealer, powder, Bronze e/s and curl my lashes, do my brows, and chuck some l/s into my jacket pocket. Takes under 5 minutes, for sure, probably around 3 even. But usually I'm not late. **knocks on wood**