what do you do when you're LATE?

Patricia

apply undereye concealer, some Pearl ccb in the middle of my lids and my eyebrow and some bronzer al over my face...

Raerae

is it a bad thing if when I'm running late, i just think to myself, "F it, i'm gonna be late today" and finish my normal routine? LOL

VeganChick

When I'm crunched for time...like this morning, woke up 20 min before I had to leave, and had to shower, get dressed, do my hair and makeup (eek!)...I just apply foundation a bit heavier than normal (I have pretty light stuff) to cover any imperfections, apply some mascara (forgo the curler), blush and apply some gloss/balm. Sometimes I add a quick swipe of eyeshadow. Oh, and I always moisturize beforehand.
Sometimes, like this morning, I got lucky and I had been experimenting with eyeliner and I fell asleep with it on and when I wiped the black off this morning I was left with a tiny line, it looked better than it normally does!
greengrin.gif
So yes, my dark eyeliner tip...if you're rushed for time or your application's just sloppy, apply it dark and in a thick line and then take a q-tip (my fav makeup helper), wet it with water or an eye makeup remover and remove most of the eyeliner. After a practice or two, you should get just the right technique for you. I used to do this all the time with those drugstore-brand less-than-perfect pencils that gave me a thick line...and when I couldn't apply a thin enough line on the bottom.

asnbrb

I'm hardly ever late and when I think I am, I'm usually fifteen minutes early. When I'm rushing I use:

concealer under the eyes and on certain spots.
foundation and powder
mascara
bright ass lipstick

myrifle

I put mulch in my crease
fill in brows
apply bronzer
and curl my lashes/mascara
Takes less than 5 minutes

Esperanza

I always try to be on time, but sometimes it happens... so this is my "in case of emergency" makeup:

Face:
- A good moisturizer (like Galénic, Avène or Caudalie: perfect for a colorless complexion after a short night!)
- Concealer where it's necessary (MAC Select Cover-Up or YSL Radiant Touch are definitely THE perfect tools for that)
- Loose Powder & blush

Eyes:
- Less is more: nude e/s + black or brown mascara (+ e/k sometimes)

Lips:
- gloss

cno64

In a hurry, I skip foundation, and just brush loose powder all over my face. Then it's a couple of quick swipes of [usually] Coygirl, a gorgeous neutral like "Sunny Daze" over lids to crease, Bobbi Brown "Bone Shimmer" shadow to highlight, a bit of black or dark brown liner on outer corners of upper lids, black mascara, an extra-flattering lipcolor like "Lovemate" or "New York Apple" and I call it quits.

moonrevel

Essentially, I hurry. I do the same thing I had planned on doing, but I do it really quickly. I specifically lay everything out the night before so that in case I am late, I don't have to think about it, I just do it.

scrapbookromance

wash face, moisturize, green concealer, BE foundation real quick, mascara, chapstick. if I find myself to have an extra minute after that some fluidline on my waterline, maybe tightline, and shroom under my brow and bow of my lip. I always carry my c-thru lipglass and blot powder in my purse.

^^that's probably why when people see me outside of school they think I'm wearing a lot of makeup haha

venacava

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raerae
is it a bad thing if when I'm running late, i just think to myself, "F it, i'm gonna be late today" and finish my normal routine? LOL

Same!
rofl.gif

Summer

well, I am never late
smiles.gif
smiles.gif

but if I feel pressed for time, I will just do a one shadow look, quick eyeliner, swipe of mascara and dust mineral foundation makeup on. Put a little blush. l/g can take a sec. All in all, it's about a 2 minute process for a cliff note version of a full makeup look.

Oonie

Concealer, powder, Fix+, Curl lashes and Mascara, and lips...I have l/s and l/g in my purse, tote bag and at my desk at work.

valley

I cant remember if I answered this thread already or not - when I'm super late I blend select tint with my fingers with rose d'or as a bronzer then I run my powder brush over my t zone. I only clean the brush once a week so it usually has something on it.

If I have more time I use nude ccb as a highlight/eye shadow base and run out the door.

I am lazy, and I'm okay with that
smiles.gif

calliestar

If I'm late (or in a very simplistic mood) I just put on Bare Minerals foundation, a bit of color on my cheeks, mascara, and either lipbalm or maybe a bit of lipstick. Then I put on gloss in the car if I'm going to do gloss.