What Does One Say?

.k.

What does one say to people who keep saying MAC is too heavy for everyday use? ugh this frustrates me!

Babylard

are you talking about the foundation or all their products in general? i've never heard of it but i'd be like

MAC IS 2L33T4U BEEEECH!

if you arent me:
its heavy if you put a lot on, duh
th_dunno.gif
... this goes for any brand...

.k.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylard
are you talking about the foundation or all their products in general? i've never heard of it but i'd be like

MAC IS 2L33T4U BEEEECH!

if you arent me:
its heavy if you put it on a lot, duh
th_dunno.gif

haha ur funny!

yes i mean powders, foundations, and other products. people say they arent natural looking pfft

coachkitten

I would tell that they need to explore the brand a little more and when they do they will find out that MAC is much more than bright colors. MAC has a little bit for everyone including them!

Babylard

Quote:
Originally Posted by .k.
haha ur funny!

yes i mean powders, foundations, and other products. people say they arent natural looking pfft

hm... thats pretty silly... but i cant help it but think that these people like to buy non-pigmented stuff lol

yeah keep using your clear lipgloss!

GlamYOURUs

I'v heard it and I think we all have and that is because MAC has everything that every high or mid end brand wants. And being a mid brand it gives you variety for a diverse group. You can find anything and everything for any skin tone, color, and texture. Can you say the same thing for the other brands? I think not.

Babylard

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlamYOURUs
I'v heard it and I think we all have and that is because MAC has everything that every high or mid end brand wants. And being a mid brand it gives you variety for a diverse group. You can find anything and everything for any skin tone, color, and texture. Can you say the same thing for the other brands? I think not.

what is it about MAC that makes it mid end? i never really understood because their products are pretty fab (except the paintpots... im starting to dislike them... im gonna exchange my paintpot for a shadestick or something) someone was also telling me that MAC is mid-end when i thoguht it to be high-end. Canadian prices is generally $20/item so I cant say its a price thing... and i've never really been interested in any other products. MAC is canada friendly unlike other brands. I was never interested in smashbox, benefit, dior etc that i see at the mall shopper's drug marts with larger cosmetics sections. i always go for the MAC lol

Simply Elegant

MAC is midend because of their prices and because of brands like Chanel, Dior, etc that are high end for other products than makeup. I think it works that way?

GlamYOURUs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylard
what is it about MAC that makes it mid end? i never really understood because their products are pretty fab (except the paintpots... im starting to dislike them... im gonna exchange my paintpot for a shadestick or something) someone was also telling me that MAC is mid-end when i thoguht it to be high-end. Canadian prices is generally $20/item so I cant say its a price thing... and i've never really been interested in any other products. MAC is canada friendly unlike other brands. I was never interested in smashbox, benefit, dior etc that i see at the mall shopper's drug marts with larger cosmetics sections. i always go for the MAC lol

Mid end not by quality but price wise. Its a decent price for what you are getting IMO. And the quality is superb so there is really no complaint. High brands like lancome, chanel, smashbox, dior, armani, bobbi brown etc etc are expensive but if MAC was to be compared to them, it comes off mid end.

But it does depend where you are on the globe. Here in the states, it is known as mid end and I am sure in a lot of other countries as well. MAC might be more expensive in other countries because of the currency value AND because MAC might be a rare brand in their country so they have nothing to really compare it with.

pumpkincat210

For me none of Mac's foundations worked out and they did look too heavy, but overall you can make your other makeup light or dark, that's what is great about mac, not only do they have the bright pigmented colors, but the pale neutrals too. Just because the promo pictures are wilder than other brands doesn't mean you have to wear it like that. I guess everyone is still stuck in the mindset of what Rupaul wore ages ago for a campaign.

RoCk_StAr_GiRl

I've heard that before and it really annoys me. I think it's cos people assosictae the brand with bright colours (ie: Bitter) and things like fake lashes but MAC actually has a bigger range of natural looking shades than alot of other brands in my opinion

As long as you are comfortable, go for it

lazytolove

Yes you're right. It is too much for those who just start to know about cosmetics. My friend told me MAC eyeshadows is lil a too dark for her and it doesn't look smooth. Well, i personally love to play with colors so i love MAC mucho =].

Did you know that most of people think black eyeshadow is nasty? I don't see anything wrong with that. =]

BunnyBunnyBunny

Uh, I say that it's being applied wrong. Haha. All MAC products can be applied in a sheer/natural way. It depends on the brush and the overall application of the product.

janwa09

Yeah a bunch of my friends don't like MAC's foundations cos they find it cakey or something...and I told them that it really depends on their application. They have zero make-up skills so that explains it...

SparklingWaves

Choice in color & technique in application plays a huge role in how your make up will turn out. What you use to apply a product can make all the difference in the world.

MAC_Whore

I would say that "too heavy" is a relative term. Everyone has different needs and desired looks. Others are entitled to their opinion and what they put on their face, but I don't have to agree with their point of view when it comes to my face.

Personally I think MAC has a great range of products and colours. That been said, I still don't use MAC exclusively. There are so many great products/lines out there that I would never limit myself to just one.

As others have mentioned, I completely agree that application technique, application tools and product choice have so much to do with how it turns out.

Oh yeah......the less MAC "they" buy, the better chance for me to get my hands on an LE.

nadiya

MAC does make a lot of bright funky colours, but I don't think it's like you're supposed to wear them everyday (unless you work for MAC that is!). People just need to realise that they're meant to pick out the subtle stuff for daywear and that the other colours are for having fun with when they go out (and that they're supposed to be applied with care!)

MAC_Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by .k.
What does one say to people who keep saying MAC is too heavy for everyday use? ugh this frustrates me!

Respond with, "What?? I can't hear you through all of the foundation I put on. It must have gotten in my ears. That damn MAC is so heavy!"

mizuki~

I would tell them to come on here and see all the pretty people that DO wear MAC on a daily basis and look damn good with it too
tong.gif