What Does One Say?

MACgirl

I hate when i hear this because mac is such a good brand that carries everything from light to medium and all the way to full coverage. For the most part the people who say this don't apply the products in the right way or use the correct tools to apply it. An example is no moisturizer or skin primer, no brush. Of course your skin would look a hot mess if you pile something on it without the correct technique or product. Also people that have said might be the ones that come to us with a preconceived notion and have it embedded in there little head that mac is heavy no matter how much we try to teach them, so they go home and apply with a heavy hand because after all "mac is heavy" then return it and walk away and forever think we are a stage brand. Since mac is mostly a word of mouth company, every little rumour or saying about us gets around. In my experience, no matter how much i try to educate some customers like the ones i described, they want to believe we are a stage brand, yes there are those who have been misinformed and turn over a new leaf but i find them few compared to the "mac stage brand" types.

BlahWah

The strange thing is, I've seen people who don't wear MAC makeup with incredibly heavy foundation. I agree that it's all in the application. Shideido may have great pics of young girls wearing ethereal-looking foundation but an ignorant/naive person who gets their hands on the product can still botch up the intended effect.

lipstik

I would raise my hand and say, "Talk to the hand - the face is too busy looking natural and fabulous in all her MAC glory!"

Just kidding. I'd probably ask, "have you actually TRIED it yourself?" and if they have, I'd offer them a lesson in proper application techniques!