What is it like where you live?

x.DOLLYMiX.x

Bit of a nosey question hehe.

I live in an area outside glasgow and I HATE it!!. Just now there is police running about with guns trying to catch a attempted murderer it is just full of scum. The nearest MAC is about 20 miles
thmbdn.gif
sorry just a bit of a rant!.
So make me jelous and tell me about were you are from
smiles.gif

venus57

well I don't live in a great place either, I live in Norfolk, Virginia which is near Virginia Beach, a resort area, but a resort area for people who cannot afford to travel to FLorida. But I can't complain too much b/c we are moving to Gaeta, Italy in a month, which is between Naples and Rome on the coast, it is also a resort area but, for Italians and is beautiful.

x.DOLLYMiX.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimmer
I live in suburbia.
smiles.gif
Quiet little neighborhood where everything's close.
smiles.gif

That is like my dream home
yes.gif

x.DOLLYMiX.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by venus57
well I don't live in a great place either, I live in Norfolk, Virginia which is near Virginia Beach, a resort area, but a resort area for people who cannot afford to travel to FLorida. But I can't complain too much b/c we are moving to Gaeta, Italy in a month, which is between Naples and Rome on the coast, it is also a resort area but, for Italians and is beautiful.

Wow you are so lucky I would love to go to Italy, the closest I have got is learning the lanuage in school lol.

newagetomatoz

I live in a pretty run of the mill suburb outside of Buffalo. It is really kind of nice because everything is within walking distance but you are far enough away from the city that you don't have to deal with its crap.

The only thing I don't like about it is the weather. We get all four season, but I just loath winter with an intense passion. And of course, it has to get periodically warmer so that it rains, and then gets below freezing, so all the sidewalks are covered in ice, so I fall on my tushie walking home and have passing cars laugh at me. Gooooodddd ttiiiimmmmeeeesss...yeah.
greengrin.gif

But other than that, I really do like it where I live, but I kind of want to experience living in other places too.

V15U4L_3RR0R

I hope you don't live in Greenock (sp?) i head that place had gone really crappy in the last ten years. I do miss living near Glasgow though.

I live in the harbour area which is pretty close to the town centre. It's kind of boring and there are a lot of scum about but there is some nice people here. Lots of chavvy kids though and even more teenage mothers. Folkestone has the highest teen pregnancy rate in the whole of Europe! lol. Still, there's some good 'old man' pubs here which makes up for a lot.

Purity

I live outside of Stockholm, Sweden, in a suburb. It's kinda nice, walking distance to everything (not MAC though) and it's about 15 minutes by train into Stockholm city, where we have 2 MAC counters (yes, 2 counters only, no store
ssad.gif
). I've lived here since I was born. I usually like the weather, at least the winters and the summers because usually we have loads of snow in the winter and the sun is up almost the entire time during the summer and it's usually somewhere between 20-25 degrees C. But this year has been really crappy, it rained all summer, then it rained more during the autumn, we've had like 4 days with snow and now it's raining again, wich sucks. And also, we don't have a lot of stuff here in Sweden where you can find in like, the rest of the world, such as Starbucks, Urban Decay, Smashbox, Aussie etc... And MAC is really expensive too, an eyeshadow costs about $22. Which is why I go on a huge shopping spree every time I'm travelling :p

glam8babe

I live north east of England - Hartlepool. Honestly, i always say "aww i hate hartlepool i wish i could move" but if you think about it, everywhere is the same, you get the same arse holes, same crazy people, same freaks etc.
I live on the outskurts of the town though and everything is quiet, lots of culdisacs in our estate, not too many children and its just lovely. Theres also a park 10 minute walk away which is lovely, when i went to school i only had to walk about 6-8 mins round the corner. I hate that i have to get buses everywhere and it takes like 15-20 minutes on a bus to get into town but ive passed my driving test now, looking for the right car so i wont have to worry about buses.
I hate our shops... the only decent shops are River Island [but its TINY and the girls who work there are always snobby or just dont have a clue], New Look [which is ok, i only like their shoes and undies] Dorothy Perkins [not really my style either, the jewelrys ok and some odd bits], Woolworths [for DVDs, movies etc.] The Body shop [which is the size of my kitchen lol, absolutly tiny, the girls are nice thou they always greet you when you walk in but they dont have a clue about makeup which is quite annoyin] WHSmith [for magazines, books, stationary etc.], primark [which is tiny also, and full of shop lifters] I dont really go anywhere else to shop in our town.. its all the same shit!
IF i want nice clothes, shoes etc. i have to go to Middlesbrough and Newcastle which have topshop, H&M, miss selfridge and everything else like that ans Newcastle has MAC
greengrin.gif
which is great, im actually glad there isnt a MAC counter in hartlepool otherwise everyone would buy it, and hardly anyone knows what mac is here :p when i mention it they are like "maxfactor?" so i just agree

My bfs parents r getting a house in Cyprus and said we can move over there, but it wont be for about 2-3 years so i hope we do move, well i hope im still with him lol. I cant stand the weather in the UK, i hate how everythings so expensive, i hate all the paedos and murderers [but like i said earlier, you get them everywhere]

Obreathemykiss

I live in Albuquerque, New Mexico. I really like it here, I've lived here all my life and probably will unless I get the nerve to move to Denver. They have been filming tons of movies here, so every now and then you can be an extra. I met Scarlett JoHansson and Samuel L Jackson at a bar downtown on Halloween. There really isn't much to do...I mean you have your movie theatres, malls, etc. There is one free stading MAC store, though. It just opened up next to BEBE.

The weather's nice. We have all 4 seasons, we're close enough to ski resorts and have a nice, warm/hot summer.

Jessica Alba said there isn't anything to do but Walmart. She's wrong.

The people are friendly, there's a large array of ethnicities, and lots of art and our air is CLEAN!

purrtykitty

I live in Omaha, and as much as I say there's nothing to do, I still love living here. The people are pretty nice (it's true what they say about the midwest - everyone is friendly...actually I've found that to be true all the way down into Texas) and for being a big city, you're almost always bound to run into someone you know wherever you go! It's a nice sized metropolitan area, but we've been growing so fast! We have pretty decent shopping, but if you want better, KC is 3 hours south, Denver is 8 hours west, Minneapolis is 5 hours north, and Chicago is 9 hours east...so a fantastic shopping weekend is totally feasible. The only sucky thing here are the taxes...boy are we taxed to death. But on the upside, our housing values and unemployment rate have been relatively sheltered from all the goings on in the rest of the nation, so really I can't complain much.

I also love living where there are four seasons...although winter and summer seem to dominate. It's been an icebox most of this winter (starting in November), and last summer it was hotter than Hades. Lately spring and fall only seem to last a couple of weeks each. Now, I'm OK with that as far as spring goes because I really don't like severely stormy weather. I've been lucky so far not to have really experience a tornado myself, but living here, it's only a matter of time. Fall is my favorite season, so I really wish it would last longer. But still, with great people, good shopping, and decent weather, I'll just count my blessings that I live here in my own little corner of paradise.

MACATTAK

I live in California in a very nice, quiet neighborhood. Our city used to be small, but has grown in the last couple of years. I remember when we didn't even have a Starbucks, and now we have 7!!! We are an hour from the beach, and an hour from the mountains. We have the typical mall, movies, Mac counter all about 15 minutes away. Though I wish it wasn't so dang hot here in the summer, I wouldn't want to live anywhere else!

x.DOLLYMiX.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by V15U4L_3RR0R
I hope you don't live in Greenock (sp?) i head that place had gone really crappy in the last ten years. I do miss living near Glasgow though.

I live in the harbour area which is pretty close to the town centre. It's kind of boring and there are a lot of scum about but there is some nice people here. Lots of chavvy kids though and even more teenage mothers. Folkestone has the highest teen pregnancy rate in the whole of Europe! lol. Still, there's some good 'old man' pubs here which makes up for a lot.

Hahaha yeah I do, omg Iam so ashamed lol
ssad.gif
It is really bad I really want to move soon.

lovelyweapon

Well, I live in the infamous Miami that is known for its humidity, rudest drivers in the country, mosquitoes, shark attacks, people in McDonald's that don't speak English, highest rate of unemployment, 3 days in the year of a 60 degree winter, rude people in general, overpopulation, sweltering heat in the summer, overpriced houses, horrid educational system, category 5 hurricanes, etc. etc. etc. Nothing is walking distance yet the gas prices are blowing through the roof.

BUT! I have to say I can't imagine myself living anywhere else. Everywhere you go there are beautiful sky-high palm trees, the sparkling warm beach is right around the corner from where I live, I have access to most stores available across the country, and if I decide to wake up at 3am to do something -- you bet there is something open in South Beach. I've learned to look at Miami's imperfections as its perks. Seriously, sometimes it gives us Miamians a reason to sit back and laugh. You can't help but secretly love it. It's definitely a love/hate relationship for me!

x.DOLLYMiX.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovelyweapon
Well, I live in the infamous Miami that is known for its humidity, rudest drivers in the country, mosquitoes, shark attacks, people in McDonald's that don't speak English, highest rate of unemployment, 3 days in the year of a 60 degree winter, rude people in general, overpopulation, overpriced houses, horrid educational system, category 5 hurricanes, etc. etc. etc. Nothing is walking distance yet the gas prices are blowing through the roof.

BUT! I have to say I can't imagine myself living anywhere else. Everywhere you go there are beautiful sky-high palm trees, the sparkling warm beach is right around the corner from where I live, I have access to most stores available across the country, and if I decide to wake up at 3am to do something -- you bet there is something open in South Beach. I've learned to look at Miami's imperfections as its perks. Seriously, sometimes it gives us Miamians a reason to sit back and laugh. You can't help but secretly love it. It's definitely a love/hate relationship for me!

Wow miami, when I watch CSI Miami it always looks fantastic everyone is so good looking.

V15U4L_3RR0R

Quote:
Originally Posted by x.DOLLYMiX.x
Hahaha yeah I do, omg Iam so ashamed lol
ssad.gif
It is really bad I really want to move soon.

Ahh lol I feel for you. I used to live round the coast a bit in West Kilbride. I went there recently and it's changed so much! It's really crazy. Loads of new houses there now

k.a.t

^^ exactly lol (dollymix)

I live in South West London, i like London but my area's kinda blah.. It's full of snotty, rich people and it's soo boring, jesus. I don't mind Richmond though. And my area is nice and quiet but too boring for me.

Willa

I live in Montreal (Qc, Canada)
I don't live directly downtown, but its about 15 min by car.
Where I am, you could compare it to the Village in New York.
It's very quiet, a view on the buildings downtown, lots of trees, mostly duplex and triplex, lots of families and old people.

Everything can be done by walk, or using bus and subway. No car needed. People usually describe this part of the city as a great blend of europe and united states. You usually find corner shops, fine groceries, small restaurants and such.

Winter is cold, sometimes very humid, gets to the bones!
It can be 2 celcius on one day, and the next day -40 with the wind factor. I personnaly hate winter
lol.gif
and summer is very hummid. You just NEED an air conditionner.

Lots of festivals, tourists (mostly downtown). You can find any store you want, we probably have 4 or 5 MAC stores only in the Montreal's area. I think it's a safe city, but don't tempt the devil by going in dark spots at night... duhhh... hahaha but saddly, lately many gangs surfaced. Red and blue there, mauve and yellow there... But every big city has it's problems.

Rent isnt really expensive, but you need to find the right place. For about 600$/month you have a 700 sq/ft place, usually heated.

I woudnt raise my kids here, probably will go back to the suburbs where my parent's still live, I don't think it's good to raise kids in a big city, but you do what you can hey?

This is what it looks like
http://www.pourlouer.ca/itemImage.as...300&maxW=4 00