What is it like where you live?

V15U4L_3RR0R

i've never been to Arbroath. It looks nice though. Looks and sounds similar to Stornoway ( I lived there for just over 4 years as well lol)

ETA. Holy crap I've not been to the House of Fraser in Glasgow since I was about 7 lol. Brings back the memories... nice to see some fellow Scots about anyway lol.

kalikana

I live in Mississauga, Ontario, Canada. And I honestly love it. It's more suburban, but I love it even though I'm more of a city girl. It takes less than 30 minutes to get to downtown Toronto (if there's no traffic), and 1 - 1.5 hrs to commute to school (I go to Ryerson in downtown). Everything is so close! Square One (with 2 MAC Stores and a Sephora) is less than 10 minutes away.. I can walk to the groceries, drugstore, bank, library, even the liquor store! (LCBO)

x.DOLLYMiX.x

Lol its nice to know that their is fellow scots umong us

I dont really like the MAC in HOF in glasgow I dont think the ma's give me their full attention sometimes.

V15U4L_3RR0R

Ach my closest MAC counter is in Fenwicks in Canterbury which is 14 miles away. So not too bad but I don't really have a way of getting there so I rely on the website.

Hopefully I'll be moving back to Scotland in a few years once I've done college but I'll be living near Stornoway again so The nearest MAC shop/counter will be about 200miles away lol

kimmy

i don't know that i could make you jealous, the part of the city i live in isn't one of the nicer ones. it was years ago, but the scum of the neighboring city is spilling in, so the gang and drug activity is sharply increasing.

i still love where i live, though, to be entirely honest. there's a little outdoor mall just down the way and a bigger, indoor mall a few miles away with every store you could ever imagine. the weather is unpredictable, which i like...it keeps things interesting. this city is growing and becoming a major player in several industries, so there's rarely a boring time here.

anaibb

Ilive in a seaside old fishermen village called Cascais, 35 km from Lisbon (and from the nearest MAC counter!). It is a great place, with lots of sunny weather and a permanent feeling that you're on holidays. It's true that we have a lot of tourists all year round, but the place is well kept and you can easily go to the beach on February (but with you clothes on!).
I invite you all to come to Cascais. For those who have been to the Algarve, it's almost the same but without all the fuss!

prinzessin784

I split my time between home in Connecticut, which is very rural but within 2 hours of NYC and Boston, right on the water with 9 acres of land and it's really the most magical place in the world! And the rest of the time I live in Rockville, MD, which is right outside of Washington, D.C. where I go to grad school. Here is pretty much city (especially compared to what I'm used to) and it's busy, noisy and there is so much traffic! I can't wait to be done with school so I can move back to CT
smiles.gif

breechan

I live in a teeny mountain village a few hours north of Tokyo in Japan. It's hot and humid in the summer (30c), and...cold and damp in the winter (-5c). It has a world class ski resort and is a popular holiday destination for city slickers. There are several gorgeous hot springs as well. It's quite picturesque and quiet.
yes.gif

There's not much to do here as a local. There's no bar, no train station, no restaurants besides a soba shop, no grocery store besides a 7/11, and no young adults (brain drain to Tokyo). There are lots of old folks, and families with young children.
th_dunno.gif

I have to commute to a city nearby for grocery shopping, the gym, restaurants etc. However, the city nearby is also very small. There are no night clubs, no import food stores, no shopping malls etc.
nonono.gif

I go into tokyo as much as possible (my BF lives there thank god). I absolutely love love love Tokyo. However, my job is here, and they treat me very well where I live (subsidised house, company car etc).
thmbup.gif

I will be very sad to leave here at the end of summer, but I have to get back to Canada and start a career.
ssad.gif

Chic 2k6

i live in the countryside in the UK lol, it's not a traffic infested city centre (although there are traffic, just not congested). There's horseriders everwhere and lush fields. I'm also near the harbour, seaside and the ocean
smiles.gif

here's a glimpse of near where I live (I live 5 mins away from my horses)

17thfeb424.jpg

makeupgrl8

I live in Denver, CO. Its alright. The people are rude (very suburban, think Desperate Housewives) and I get really sick of the constant 1-2"snow. I do love it when it occasionally snows 2-3 feet and work closes and I can bum around at home by the fireplace and eat tomato soup and grilled cheese. Summer is nice here, and there is quite a bit to do. The one think I love about where I live is the fact that the closest MAC counter is 2 mins away. I am close to a daily regular
smiles.gif

Switz1880

I live in Jersey City, New Jersey which is 10 minutes from Manhattan. We live in an apartment right on the waterfront with a gorgeous view of the Manhattan skyline. I grew up in NYC so I miss being able to walk every where because here in Jersey, no one walks. However, I do love all the malls here!! I have a mall down the street with a Macys MAC counter and a Sephora. The freestanding store is only 25 minutes away.

Dark_Phoenix

I'm living between London and Oslo until I start university in Cambridge this autumn.

London's pretty cool. I love the shopping but not the traffic (my mother still makes me use a car service so I'm not supposed to take the underground).

Oslo... rocks. Between the snow, the bitter cold, and the unusually nice people I've met it's just awesome. I don't think I've ever felt safer in a major city, and the shopping is also pretty good. I think I like Tromso more though, it has a better nightlife, imo, and some better shopping.

nai

I live in beautiful hawaii. It's perfect weather here all the time. It's a small island where everyone knows everyone else. Everyone is extremely friendly. There's little or no crime. I'm surrounded by beautiful crystal clear beaches. The only thing that sucks is that I work too much to enjoy it! argh. The price of living is also ridiculous here. Gas is $4/gallon! Homes are expensive and so is food! Can you believe a gallon of milk is like $8?!

msmack

I live on Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada. I will never leave. It's stunning. I have about 10 different beaches 10 mins away in all directions! Not to mention lakes, caves, rivers, streams.... etc.

Very little crime... I spend some of my time on other smaller Islands (Hornby, Denman, Cortez, Lasqueti...Saltspring...etc) partying it up lol. There is a MAC store about an hour away in Nanaimo.

It RAINS here ALL THE TIME! But in the summer we certainly don't let that stop us! Hell, in the winter we don't let it stop us. It's a way of life I guess. Just like B.C. Ferries! lol Atleast it doesn't really snow here...

GlamYOURUs

I live in Southern California, right outside of San Diego. Its so beautiful here. I live only 10 mins away from the Pacific Ocean and the weather is just gorgeous all year around. We have so many beaches and a nude beach called Blacks Beach. Palm trees everywhere, cool breeze, sunny skies. We have Highway 101 which is a road that is right near the coastline and the view is very scenic and just gorgeous.

The traffic is pretty crazy here since a lot of people commute in and out of SD. There are crimes everyday but what state or country doesn't have them right? We have hills, we have mountains and in some places we have snow. There is a lot to do here as well depending upon the type of person you are. Its very diverse and if you go downtown, you will find all types of restuarants, shops etc. The people here are nice for the most part but we do have crazy drivers and fake people with fake implants and what not. haha

Sd has a bit of everything depending upon what part of SD you go. Real estate, gas and everything is just expensive. That is why we need a new president. lol

Divinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by makeupgrl8
I live in Denver, CO. Its alright. The people are rude (very suburban, think Desperate Housewives) and I get really sick of the constant 1-2"snow. I do love it when it occasionally snows 2-3 feet and work closes and I can bum around at home by the fireplace and eat tomato soup and grilled cheese. Summer is nice here, and there is quite a bit to do. The one think I love about where I live is the fact that the closest MAC counter is 2 mins away. I am close to a daily regular
smiles.gif

I hail from Boulder, CO and decided to try city living for a couple years here in Chicago. I HATE it and am moving back in the fall. Colorado is HEAVEN! The scenery, the outdoor activities, the mountains, the people! Where are you finding these rude people? Cherry Creek? Honey, when it's 3 degrees for a month straight and you go without sunshine for weeks at a time and you got bums and freaky peeps talking to themselves and following and harassing you at any given moment while walking or on the public transit, THEN you can complain about rude people.

ritchieramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by x.DOLLYMiX.x
I dont really like the MAC in HOF in glasgow I dont think the ma's give me their full attention sometimes.

That's the impression I get there as well, I'm afraid. I suppose I don't often get the chance to be there at quiet times, but I frequently feel that they're sort of hurrying me along and just tolerating me.

I was a little upset at how one of the MAs there treated my sister recently, sighing and looking bored and giving snippy answers to her questions.
thmbdn.gif
However, a much nicer MA called Lynn helped me this past weekend and on other, earlier occasions, so I'll keep a look out for her in future.