What Is Your Acne Treatment Line/regimen?

Mandy4610

I got a sample 3 step kit of Clinique acne treatment solutions from Sephora. I will be using it for the next few days to see how it does. (Reviews anyone?) They claim that you see a difference in a matter of days
sneaky.gif

I have been using Black soap and Shea butter for the last 4-5 weeks and I have not seen much of a difference. I have not had major breakouts, but I have had a few pimples and blackheads
nono.gif

What is your current acne treatment regimen? Have you had success with one line or several/combination lines?
Please share.

makeupnewbie86

I have not used Clinique's 3 step program yet but it does sound promising. I am currently using Murad's Acne Treatment and I am starting to see some results. I have been using it for baout 2 months now and at first my skin went through the purging period which was horrible but now am I starting to see some really good results. I also use MAC VAE and thermal mask 2x a week and it helps as well.

Asela88

I used the foaming wash from clinique and I wasn't crazy about the instant foam..But I honestly didn't give it a chance I used it for a week and it felt like my skin was getting worse but the girl at clinique told me sometimes your skin gets worse before it gets better..right now I'm actually using shisheido pureness and my liking it I'm using the whole syst
from them..i hope clinique works out for you because alot of people rave that it's great

2Fruits

Well I've been on BCP (Yasmin) for about 6 months and that has cleared up my skin so so so much, so now I seriously just wash my face with water and use an spf 15 + moisturiser!

Before that I had tried many different acne treatments
-Proactiv (bleached the towels!!!)
- tetracyclines (doxycycline etc.) to which I eventually developed a tolerance to
-AHAs/BHAs but these made my skin flake

but what worked best for me (until I developed an allergy
ssad.gif
) was washing my face with:
1. cetaphil
2. then applying a thin layer of Benzac gel on my entire face and neck (I'm from Aus, not sure if you guys have it) (it's a 2.5% benzol peroxide gel)
3. Moisturising with neutrogena oil free with spf 15+

This worked quite well. I still got the occasional spot, but not nearly as bad. Anyway then I found out the acne was due to hormonal issues and PCOS!

M.A.C.tastic

Im anal about my skin care routine, and I have to admit I don't have acne, but I do get the occasional blemish. Now I notice my skin is much brighter, smoother and I get less breakouts with this new routine. I started about 2-3 months ago...

AM-
Clinique Acne Foaming Wash
Clinique Acne Toner
Estee Lauder Idealist Pore Minimizing Serum (Also exfoliates)
Estee Lauder Hydra Bright Lotion (No SPF but it's oil free and helps clear up past acne marks and renew skin.

PM
Clinique Acne Foaming Wash
Clinique Acne Toner
Estee Lauder Night Repair Serum
Estee Lauder Hydra Bright Lotion (If I am having breakouts, I switch to the Clinique Acne lotion at night but too drying for me everyday.)

Also thinking of switching to Estee Lauder Day Wear Lotion for AM since that has SPF and using the Hydra Bright Cream for Norm/Combo at night since it's winter but we shall see. This is kinda expensive and I'm low on funds so I'll use what I have until I run out : )

Oh, and I also use the Estee Lauder Idealist Micro Derm Scrub at least once a week, it heats up to open your pores as a mask, leave on then has buffing beads to slough off dead skin after! Leaves my face bright and clean!

Good Luck.

kimmy

l'oreal skin genesis gives me the best results. i have really oily skin, skin gensis removes excess oil while still leaving just the right amount as to not make my skin dry and uncomfortable. i use the deep cleansing scrub at night and the gel cleanser sometimes in the morning. i use the oil free moisturizer in the morning and garnier nutritioniste skin renew at night. my regime is nice and cheap.
smiles.gif

yupitzTara

I use Clinique 3-step... but my w/the different moisturizing gel. I also use neutrogena acne spot treatment (it has benzoyle peroxide in it). my face is clear, i have a few marks on my face, but no real break outs.

I love this regimen lately!
greengrin.gif
th_worship.gif

AIEEEEE SHUT UP FIREWORKS! (it's fireworks night
thmbdn.gif
) yay they're quiet now!
greengrin.gif

AM Routine:

Simple Oil Control Cleansing Wipes
Exuviance Eye Cream (don't know the name, it's a sample and I love it!)
Nivea Visage Young stay matte Mattifying Gel Cream (it's a mattifying moisturiser)

PM:

Simple Oil Control Cleansing Wipes
St Ives Apricot Scrub (blemish fighting version)
Exuviance Eye Cream (don't know the name, it's a sample and I love it!)
Nivea Visage Young stay matte Mattifying Gel Cream (it's a mattifying moisturiser)

Once a week I apply:

Face mask (changes)
Exuviance Rich Moisturiser (again a sample, I forgot the name)

greengrin.gif
love it!!!

LMD84

here is what i do and use-

am -

elemis tri enzyme facial wash
clarins toner
clarins moisuriser

pm-

phillosophy purity cleanser
clarins cleanser
clarins toner
quinoderm cream on forehead and chin
clarins moisturiser

and the twice a week i use the elemis tri enzyme face mask and olay microdermabration kit

FiestyFemme

My current regimen, which works really well for me aside from the occasional hormonal breakout.

AM:
Equate Gentle Skin Cleanser (Walmart knock-off of Cetaphil cleanser, it's actually better!)
Olay Complete (normal skin version)
Mario Badescu Hyaluronic Eye Cream

PM:
Neutrogena Night Calming Makeup Remover Wipes
Boots Botanics Moisturizing Deep Clean Foam
PTR AHA/BHA Acne Clearing Gel
Korres Yogurt Cream

Dreamergirl3

For reference, my main acne issue would be clogged pores and blackheads with the occasional pimple.

AM
cleanse face with Dove soap
apply Boots Sensitive Skin alcohol free toner
apply Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Stress Control, 3-in-1 Acne Treatment (contains 2% salicylic acid)
apply Pro Activ Green Tea moisturizer in dry areas (chin, nasal folds)

PM
remove makeup with jojoba oil, gently wipe off as much as possible.
exfoliate with Clean & Clear scrub
wash face with Purpose Gentle Cleansing Wash
apply Pro Active Repairing Lotion (2.5% benzoyl peroxide I believe)
apply Green Tea moisturizer to dry areas (chin, nasal folds)

Things that are very important in my regimen no matter what products I'm using would be:
-to exfoliate pretty much every day, gently of course.
-using a chemical exfoliant (can be BHA, AHA, mandelic acid etc) AS WELL as Benzoyl Peroxide.
-moisturize as needed!
-makeup removal is a MUST.

ashk36

I still wonder if birth control would help my skin. It's pretty pointless for me to use but either way...how much has it helped those of you who use it?

dolcedaniela

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashk36
I still wonder if birth control would help my skin. It's pretty pointless for me to use but either way...how much has it helped those of you who use it?

from reviews I've seen online it varies from person to person. I asked my doctor and he told me it might help me so I've been on it for a week now. I'll update you if I see some miraculous changes in my skin but it's worth a try if you're aware of the side effects and risks as well as the benefits of course.

Nzsallyb

Quote:

using birth control has made i huge huge difference to my skin.

i currently use all the clinique anti- blemish line, but use the DDMG when im not so breaking out, along with the turnaround skin concentrate, and all about eyes concentrate. i love love love clinique - this is the only acne solution that has worked for me, and it was a long three years of searching.

highly recommend clinique

lyttleravyn

After trying every acne/blemish product under the sun, I actually switched to a regimen that I read (I think) Nina Garcia has used. Very very simple, and with minimum chemicals.

Cetaphil face wash
Witch hazel toner
Olay Active Hydrating Cream

My skin isn't perfect yet, but after using it only a few days, my skin looks 10x better and I haven't gotten any blemishes since switching.

Almond_Eyed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Fruits
Well I've been on BCP (Yasmin) for about 6 months and that has cleared up my skin so so so much, so now I seriously just wash my face with water and use an spf 15 + moisturiser!

I've been on Yasmin for 3 years and it's cleared up my acne for the most part. As a teen I had oily/combination skin with most of my acne in my T-zone and apples of my cheeks. Now I have normal to dry skin with the occasional blemishes appearing around my period.

I don't use any acne-specific treatments, I keep up my regular cleanse and moisturize routine when I have a breakout. For any open pimples or blemishes, I dab it with alcohol on a Q-tip then apply Polysporin.

-A

ashk36

It's not really controlling the breakouts for me. My african black soap does the trick quite well. I desperately need help with clearing the red spots I have left over from every tiny pimple. When I get out of the shower, I don't even like looking at myself in the mirror. The spots are so red that they look like actual pimples, but they're not. They look extra bad because my skin is so pale. It's embarassing. I can't leave the house without concealer. If I'm not wearing something to cover up the red spots, I don't even like looking people in the eye. I wish I knew something would DEFINITELY work. Then I'd gladly spend the money. But I don't want to shell out $300 for a series of chemical peels if I'm not going to see results, ya know what I mean? I'm so jealous of girls who can go out without foundation and still have gorgeous skin.

k.a.t

Quote:
It's not really controlling the breakouts for me. My african black soap does the trick quite well. I desperately need help with clearing the red spots I have left over from every tiny pimple. When I get out of the shower, I don't even like looking at myself in the mirror. The spots are so red that they look like actual pimples, but they're not. They look extra bad because my skin is so pale. It's embarassing. I can't leave the house without concealer. If I'm not wearing something to cover up the red spots, I don't even like looking people in the eye. I wish I knew something would DEFINITELY work. Then I'd gladly spend the money. But I don't want to shell out $300 for a series of chemical peels if I'm not going to see results, ya know what I mean? I'm so jealous of girls who can go out without foundation and still have gorgeous skin.

Hey, have you tried apple cider vinegar? I have the same problem as you..every spot i get leaves a red mark behind..no matter how small. Even if i don't pop it and I find the acv really helps with the marks. It works as a toner after cleansing and helps red marks fade away.

Latest posts