What is your, "Omg! What was I thinking!?!" Look?

highonmac

Okay, so not everybody has good days right? So at some point you must have created a looked you thought was nice only to find out later that you made a terrible mistake. Especially if some one points it out.

Example:
I wore sketch one day in the crease (and some other color on the lid) the apparently didn't not compliment each other well. When I did the look i thought it was sooooo purdy. Later that night at dinner my boyfriends bestfriend asked me to close my eyes.

Hes like "Your eye is bruised" His girlfriend then proceeded to say "No, thats her eyeshadow" I was like OH EM GE!
nope.gif

So tell, did you have OMG moment like that? Ever? Care to share..we'd love to know
winkiss.gif

Twinkle_Twinkle

Here is mine. It's bright and loud, which I love, but what was I thinking with that triangle of purple in the crease?!?!?! And my brows have a life of their own in the picture as well. And the lighting is bad. It's just wrong in so many ways, oh well.

paix all around: Cool Heat-ish Look

Quote:
Originally Posted by highonmac
Okay, so not everybody has good days right? So at some point you must have created a looked you thought was nice only to find out later that you made a terrible mistake. Especially if some one points it out.

Example:
I wore sketch one day in the crease (and some other color on the lid) the apparently didn't not compliment each other well. When I did the look i thought it was sooooo purdy. Later that night at dinner my boyfriends bestfriend asked me to close my eyes.

Hes like "Your eye is bruised" His girlfriend then proceeded to say "No, thats her eyeshadow" I was like OH EM GE!
nope.gif

So tell, did you have OMG moment like that? Ever? Care to share..we'd love to know
winkiss.gif

RedRibbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle_Twinkle
Here is mine. It's bright and loud, which I love, but what was I thinking with that triangle of purple in the crease?!?!?! And my brows have a life of their own in the picture as well. And the lighting is bad. It's just wrong in so many ways, oh well.

paix all around: Cool Heat-ish Look

I liked that look, very unique for eyemakeup!

My worst was when I was nineteen and decided to match my eyemakeup up to my Indian outfit..the outfit was white with turquoise embroidery so I decided to wear bright white eyeshadow and blue mascara, as I'm Indian I had to put quite a bit of white on and as I hadn't mastered blending it looked like I had just appplied tippex to my eyelids. My one saving grace was that as the day went on it kinda blended itself in the heat and the fact that I didn't apply it right up to my browline.

I semi excuse my behaviour as this was back in 2001 at a time when really smooth and lilac eyelids were in fashion.

highonmac

Lol "tippex" haha such a brown way to say white out hahah I love it! OMG the triangle is soo editorial lol! I love it. Its good that we learn from our mistakes right?

RedRibbon

Quote:
Lol "tippex" haha such a brown way to say white out hahah I love it! OMG the triangle is soo editorial lol! I love it. Its good that we learn from our mistakes right?

It's called Tippex in the UK
tong.gif

I'd like to think that I have learnt from my mistakes but I still make booboos like putting a thick line of eyeliner on my lids despite only tightlining making my eyes looks decent.

highonmac

REALLY! My mommie calls it tippex i think its the british upbringing in desi countries thats why they call it that. Its funny how she says it though..its with a very thick brown accent lol

Curly1908

Aw, lawd! Mine was when my cousin & I snuck and experimented with lipstick in middle school. This was when silver lipstick was in, and we paired it with black eyeliner (on our lips!!!) and silver bubble jackets.

And everybody else thought we were SOOOOOO cool. I have destroyed any photographic evidence.
nonono.gif

This isn't me, but I thought I'd add a visual: http://farm1.static.flickr.com/183/3...c94cba.jpg?v=0

Twinkle_Twinkle

Quote:

LMAO @ the bolded- Thanks! Actually LMAO to everything in this thread! And thanks for the clarification on Tippex. I was very confused.
th_confused_new.gif

Snootus0722

Okay, bare study paint pot, with eyeliner, but I didn't blend the paint pot, so when it dried, it looked like grade school paste ugh. I'm sad to report this was in Jan
ssad.gif

blazeno.8

Ohhhh man... where to start? Most of it has to do with bad foundation matches, but then again, there were those times before I bought Vanilla pigment when I didn't know what an appropriate highlighter looked like.... I'll go through my FOTDs and find more...

d n d

I probably have so many, but one I can think of was when I got Sea Me Shadestick and I decided to wear it on my lid...by itself. Needless to say by the end of the day it was a turquoise creasy mess.

gabi03

ok so this isn't an eye look but when i was new to makeup i wore ruby woo lipstick...no liner. Then on top I put cult of cherry lipgloss. it was a orange goopy bleeding mess. ugh.

This Is Mine

For my senior prom, I got my make up done at the Origin's counter in my local Macy's... big mistake. First of all, the section was dimly lit so they messed up on the foundation match and put a foundation 2 shades darker than me on. Then, the MA proceeded to give me a green cat eye wit ha horrific frosted purple lipstick topped off with too much blush. Yay. It's funny cause no one told me it looked bad (except I could tell something may have been off with my mom's reaction but I guess she was just trying to be supportive). Then I got the pictures......... Hot, sweaty, greasy, mess!

highonmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by This Is Mine
For my senior prom, I got my make up done at the Origin's counter in my local Macy's... big mistake. First of all, the section was dimly lit so they messed up on the foundation match and put a foundation 2 shades darker than me on. Then, the MA proceeded to give me a green cat eye wit ha horrific frosted purple lipstick topped off with too much blush. Yay. It's funny cause no one told me it looked bad (except I could tell something may have been off with my mom's reaction but I guess she was just trying to be supportive). Then I got the pictures......... Hot, sweaty, greasy, mess!

whoa
amazed.gif
i won't be going to origins to get my makeup done any soon lol! o_O

RedRibbon

I just remembered another one which was FULLY the fault of Mr RR.

We were meant to be packing on Friday night as we were spending the weekend at my parents' house but we decided to go out and get a bit drunk instead.

So, come Saturday morning I was rushing around to get ready and the only foundation I could find was a set of Almay samples (enough to do one face) I had one colour for my mum and one colour for me. He assured me that he had put my mum's testers in a bag so I whacked on the testers which were lying out, BIG MISTAKE.

Him thinking he was being supportive didn't tell me until we got to my grandmother's house and then I needed him to hold back my hair (straightened hair curls tooo fast) whilst I washed my face in her bathroom.

End result: Me looking like a hot, greasy mess with fuzzy hair.

pnuttbuttajelli

lol basically anything i did before i started wearing MAC.
i pretty much stand by everything i wear, even if it's not my FAVORITE
(kinda like your child who gets arrested; you're disappointed but it's still yours, so you show up to the court date anyway).

my first foundation EVER was Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse that i bought myself freshman year of college. i never wore foundation before that so i just thought that as long as it covered all your unevenness and made your face one color, you were doing it right. i still look at the pictures and go "ugh".

oh and when i first bought Raizin blush. i never wore blush before that, so i had on A LOT. with Surreal (light blue) eyeshadow. and cranberry-colored lipstick.
*shakes head*
i felt like a clown... and looked it. but with way more makeup.