What is your, "Omg! What was I thinking!?!" Look?

RedRibbon

About quads: I think that applies for every quad I've ever bought apart from the Bobbi Brown quad as I can use everything in that and it looks ok.

I have a Smashbox quad that I'm selling because the colour doesn't show on my skin but if it did, I would use every colour in that quad as they all go together and alone.

I have another Smashbox quad which has nice colours in it but there is an orangey shade which looks very nice but when I put it on I look like I've smeared brickdust on my eyes.

malaviKat

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRibbon
About quads: I think that applies for every quad I've ever bought apart from the Bobbi Brown quad as I can use everything in that and it looks ok.

I have a Smashbox quad that I'm selling because the colour doesn't show on my skin but if it did, I would use every colour in that quad as they all go together and alone.

I have another Smashbox quad which has nice colours in it but there is an orangey shade which looks very nice but when I put it on I look like I've smeared brickdust on my eyes.

Ah I think that's the very trouble with quads! I often want to buy them... (I almost caved on the Hello Kitty palette with Romping in it because I missed C-Shock)..but then I would've ended up with Yogurt which would've done nothing but look like a hot, chalky mess!

Sometimes I really wish they'd just release single pots/pans...but that's how marketing gets ya!

RedRibbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by malaviKat
Ah I think that's the very trouble with quads! I often want to buy them... (I almost caved on the Hello Kitty palette with Romping in it because I missed C-Shock)..but then I would've ended up with Yogurt which would've done nothing but look like a hot, chalky mess!

Sometimes I really wish they'd just release single pots/pans...but that's how marketing gets ya!

Exactly! The annoying thing is when they put stuff into a palette and you use the shade you love then realise they only do it in that palette so you're stuffed again
ssad.gif

That's why I like the fact that more and more companies now let you make your own palettes.

shontay07108

There's a slew of mistakes that I've made but some that stand out:

Wearing clinique foundation. My goodness, I looked like a corpse. There was a gray overcast to my face. Even my dad, who never notices anything, said "are you ok?".

Even to this day I am guilty of applying too much blush. I don't know what it is. I start off building and building, but suddenly, it's way too much. Not so much now, but wow it was bad in the beginning.

Being an eyeshadow rookie is the worst. I did not blend at all. It was a hot mess one time when I used a mufe shimmery green shadow from my lashline to my brow bone. Please don't laugh, please! My manager said "whoa beam me up scottie". Several times I've had to wash my face at work in the beginning.

Ok. That's enough emabrrassing myself.

ebonylady

In 8th grade I used to wear bright pink, MATTE lipstick and black eyeliner. But not just any eyeliner. I think it was actually an eyebrow pencil and we used to have to light on fire and let it melt a little, then put it on. Did anybody else do that? Then to top off my "look" I would use ELECTRIC BLUE mascara...about 5 coats of it. I'm cracking up just thinking about it. I was a hot mess.

malaviKat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casadalinnis
I use to burn the tips of the red Maybelline eyeliners in our school bathroom. I almost got suspended for 3 days for having a lighter on school grounds but my mom told them I was home schooled in elementary and middle school so didn't know better. She went home and yelled for an hour about me owning a lighter and asked if I smoked cigarettes like my friend Michelle. I'm guilty of putting obscene blue anything on my face but I'm trying to kick the habit. Thanks for the laugh....omg my mom would laugh at this one now.

Oh man... weren't you ever scared you'd hurt yourself?! Carmindy (What Not To Wear) made a point of forcing a woman not to do that in one episode...!

(Was there an actual point to burning eyeliner tips?!)

nongoma

*If I'm breaking a rule here please forgive me and let me know if I need to change anything*

So I read this thread and it amused me intensly. I thought, rather than try to explain my previous faces, it would be better to just show you my "OMG! What was I thinking?!?! Face

First up the Glitterbomb:-

glitterbomb.jpg

I thought it was very cool to have disco balls on my eyelids.

Next, the "MacDonald Golden Arches" brows and unblended lipliner

dodgebrows.jpg

And finally, The "I'm so sexy I can wear anything" face:-

blue1.jpg

I'm pretty sure I'm wearing ruby woo on my lips and some barry m eyeshadow. The picture explains itself.

But nowadays I look like this:-

IMG_7752.JPG

I think it looks a little better personally...
smiles.gif

Licota

Haha, I remember to put black H&M eyeliner only under the eye, and a little brown mascara. Must looked awful... And of course, the eyeliner was not blended out.

Another thing, not what I did, but I remember girls at high-school put so much black mascara on and black eyeliner, so their eyes looked like spiders! Uck!

malaviKat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casadalinnis
When it was heated, it sent on darker. Only problem was it would be clumpy and thick if you didn't let it reharden a little bit. You'd have really thick black eyeliner but there was always a risk of burning yourself. You'd have black residue up in your eyes from applying it that way too.

I'm a liquid liner person now but but god, that stuff was hard to get off back in the day. I chalk it up to young and dumb but I didn't hurt myself.....my friend burnt her lower lid and I called her a dumbass. We were both dumbasses and just didn't know it yet....thank god for liquidlast liner and glitter liner....way more fun. Fluidlines are my friend now too and don't make me look like a damn raccoon.
choochoo.gif

Oh man... that's so crazy. I'm scared just thinking about it! LOL (Glad you didn't hurt yourself!) I totally hear you on loving Liquidlast and Fluidlines though!
smiles.gif

Complete aside (somewhat more on topic with the OP), when I was in undergrad I had a roommate who would separate her lashes one by one using a pin. No idea how she managed not to stab herself in the eye in the poor light of our residence bathrooms! (She did have nice lashes though.) She was one of those people who spent an hour to look totally natural...which I guess makes sense if you're using something that has the potential to blind you.

missmolliecule

OMG so many.

Brows in general : Having them look like S***!!!

IMG_0992-2.jpg

(that was like my 2nd or 3rd FOTD)

Having them WAAAAYYYY too small for my face:
and then having them WAYYYY tooo BIIGGGG for my face! sad thing this was just over a year ago!

HAHA! I'm sure I will continue making more mistakes!!

macfabulous

looooool at all of these! my saaad story makes me cry just to think about it
ssad.gif
....so anyways when i was about 13 i was wearing a bright green and electric blue outfit, so i put bright green eyeshadow on one eyelid and bright blue eyeshadow on the other lid, then i put blue lipstick on one lip and green lipstick on the other lip!WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW! WHAT WAS I THINKING???!!! haha! also wen i first ever went to mac years ago, the ma mismatched me to an nc45 and chose studio stick, so i just bought it, thinking she knows best, nooooo she didnt! dark orange mess! yuckkkkk! the worst thing is i used it for a while because it was the closest match i would get!

malaviKat

I like your original FOTDs! I think your blending is lovely. (Far better than I accomplished then...LOL)
smiles.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by missmolliecule
OMG so many. Haha my first FOTD... I thought it was sooo cool.
IMG_2819.jpg

9th grade! Haha

Brows in general : Having them look like S***!!!

IMG_0992-2.jpg

(that was like my 2nd or 3rd FOTD)

Having them WAAAAYYYY too small for my face:
IMG_1339-2.jpg

281.jpg

I mean, I think I single-handedly ruined that family picture haha!

and then having them WAYYYY tooo BIIGGGG for my face! sad thing this was just over a year ago!
092-Copy.jpg

HAHA! I'm sure I will continue making more mistakes!!

RedRibbon

I've just been made aware of other blunders from my past, blunders which I hoped nobody had remembered but thanks to my uncle wanting to put a collection of photos showing our family through the ages together have been dredged up again.

There are photos of me wearing dark chocolate liner on my lips with no lipstick and bright white eyeshadow. There is another photo of me aged 17 wearing smeared bright white eyeshadow (which I thought was the best thing ever because I bought it from Topshop). There are pics where I went through my "match your eye makeup to your outfit" stage and I'm wearing reds, pinks and yellows on my lashes.

My favourite "bad" photo is my blue look, I was wearing a blue Indian outfit and had decided to wear bright blue eyeshadow (which looks like chalk) and even brighter blue mascara. I look like I've had an eye transplant from an alien.

snkatha

Me thinking i've look super fly in red lipstick on my eighteenth birthday. Unfortunately i was going out for dinner so after the meal, the photos show a line of red lip liner on my bare mouth. Eek!

snkatha

Or at sixteen tweezing my eyebrows super thin a la pamela anderson then drawing them in with black pencil. Hallelujah am wiser!

Cherrymint

Hehe. RAINBOW EYES! I still look back at the picture where I had this look and was wearing some yellow shirt with colorful hearts...I was like: "what the...?"
blush-anim-cl.gif

Just for laughs...do you gals remember this moment on the Simpsons?"Homer's Make-up Gun"
th_LMAO.gif

%5Bsimpsons%5D%20Classic%20moment%20makeupgun.jpg