What The?...Bora Bora MSF on Ebay

Kiwi Girlie

I was just looking on Ebay Under Mac Mineralize Skinfinishes and came across this.. auction number is 170090791532

Are these fakes, or another MSF that they've put the name "Bora Bora" on, Or Upcoming ones?

Kiwi Girlie

Yeah, I know I read that.

But they look like MAC MSF's but I haven't seen that colour before, So I was just curious. I didn't think they could counterfeit the MSF's as they are so time consuming and costly.

MiCHiE

I've never seen a fake MSF. Looks like it's labeled as something else and the seller's either passing it off as "Bora Bora" or he doesn't know that MSF name doesn't exist.

Kiwi Girlie

Yeah, I thought that would probably be it :p

Thanks
smiles.gif

prinzessin784

from what I can see the label also says "WN" for working name, but I have no idea which one that is. It doesn't look like any of the ones I have seen!

tadzio79

Quote:
Originally Posted by prinzessin784
from what I can see the label also says "WN" for working name, but I have no idea which one that is. It doesn't look like any of the ones I have seen!

My thoughts exactly!

divaster

That looks like what my Naked You looks like pretty much, from what I can tell in the picture.

I have never seen feedback that terrible for that many transactions. Oy.

Kiwi Girlie

I was wondering what the WN meant
smiles.gif
thanks for clearing that up.

I thought it looked a bit like Naked You, But I don't have it so I couldn't be sure.

And I know yikes that's some bad feedback, Im shocked that people still buy from them...

lara

Ebay linked removed as per TOS, but the auction number is 170090791532 if anyone wants to look it up.
smiles.gif

bellaetoile

they are clearly labelled 'WN' for working name. my guess would be they are naked you, or possibly even new vegas, with lots of veining, and bad lighting. i find it hard to believe they'd be fake, as MSFs take a lot of work as far as production goes. in the off chance someone WOULD take the effort to fake them, i'd at least think they'd take the time to get the name correct,as the proper name would increase the chance they'd sell.

caffn8me

I too would be amazed if they were fakes. If you are concerned about products being fake, don't forget that there is a forum devoted to that subject - Counterfeit MAC which is the best place to discuss these matters. You are also permitted to post eBay links within that forum to determine a product's authenticity.

London1

WTF..MSF Zanibar on Ebay

Hmmm...seems like the new thing now is to sell a current MSF with a fake name hoping to sell it for more money. There is now one that looks like Shooting Star to me with a sticker called Zanibar on it (item 110104569402) and the other is Bora Bora - (item 170090791532) the Zanibar states it is a unreleased colour from MAC - come on guys give us a break...

Bora Bora
http://images.bargainland.net/Captur...6cd24e4d58.jpg

Zanibar

http://i12.ebayimg.com/02/i/000/92/fb/a834_1_b.JPG

http://i4.ebayimg.com/01/i/000/92/fb/a8d8_1.JPG

coachkitten

Re: WTF..MSF Zanibar on Ebay

The Bora Bora one looks like a new MSF. Not sure about Zanibar though. They say (WN) working name so I am not sure. They could be upcoming colors.

mezzamy

hmmm someone brought up the Bora Bora MSF on ebay the other day and we all figured it was fake. But now there's a Zanibar MSF as well? They both sound like they'd be from the same collection... and they are both listed as samples with working names. Zanibar looks alot like Shooting Star though... and Bora Bora looks like a very veiny Naked You.... hmmmmm interesting

Perhaps these were just the working names for Shooting Star and Naked You? I dont see why MAC would be releasing new MSFs that are so damn similar to ones previously released

Shawna

It has been pointed out by Caffn8me that MSF's are darn near impossible to fake due to the nature of the product and the way it is manufactured. I am more inclined to think these are actual products with working names. They may be from a new collection (sounds like bronzing summer stuff to me) or they may just be old stock. I wonder if they are older working names and they got changed because they are very similar to names of Cargo products?

brookeab

I saw those too!

Bora Bora seems like it could be a newer one that they are working on. If it was a working name for the lingerie collection, bora bora doesn't sound like it would go with the collection. (Specially when you think about the names they used for lingerie. Petticoat, flirty number, taupeless, negligee)

Zanibar looks EXACTLY like shooting star though.

Kiwi Girlie

I made a post the other day saying i'd seen Bora Bora on ebay, I thought it was weird as it didn't look like an MSF i've seen. So I figured it was an upcoming one. But alot of people said it looked like Naked you, So who knows.

Guess we'll find out in time when more get released
smiles.gif

Latest posts