What The?...Bora Bora MSF on Ebay

Kiwi Girlie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellaetoile
they are clearly labelled 'WN' for working name. my guess would be they are naked you, or possibly even new vegas, with lots of veining, and bad lighting. i find it hard to believe they'd be fake, as MSFs take a lot of work as far as production goes. in the off chance someone WOULD take the effort to fake them, i'd at least think they'd take the time to get the name correct,as the proper name would increase the chance they'd sell.

I thought they'd more likely be an upcoming one. Not a fake. But I guess they could be naked you or New vegas.

And im not worried about it's authenticity I was just curious.. as I hadn't seen an MSF that looked like that before.

saniyairshad

Thanks for this post. somehow Im never ever able to spot these 'fakes' on ebay!!!!! i dont know if people think others r stupid or something???

weird people, weird posts on ebay, they think. other people are stupid...thanks for this useful post

ExquisiteImages

Quote:
Originally Posted by saniyairshad
Thanks for this post. somehow Im never ever able to spot these 'fakes' on ebay!!!!! i dont know if people think others r stupid or something???

weird people, weird posts on ebay, they think. other people are stupid...thanks for this useful post

These aren't considered fakes because on the box it has WN on it, which stands for working name. It's either a product that they're working on for an upcoming collection or an item previously worked on with that certain working name before they finalize the shade for the MSF. I have a Catherine Deneuve eyeshadow Quad marked sample with one shade out of the 4 eyeshadows as WN.

ishtarchick

IMHO, bora bora looks like new stuff, doesn't really look that close to naked you. because it has peachy veins. I'm more inclined to thinking those will be the new stuff for summer.

divaster

Just for reference, here's my Naked You (left, sorry for the sorta blurry pic) compared to that pic of Bora Bora. I think they look the same. But I guess you never know, it's not like they haven't released very similar stuff to older stuff before!! We'll see. If it is similar I just hope it's not quite as glittery, because while I love the color of Naked You, the glitter is toooo much, and I never thought I'd say that, being a glitter/shimmer nut!!

nakedyouborabora.jpg

princess

I'm thinking they are the new MSFs too, since it has that white sticker with WN on it. Those have popped up on Ebay before.

kalice

holy cow....

It sold for $82.79. That would probably warrant a cheap pleasureflush or at least a stereo rose + petticoat lot. Even if its a working name, it'll be out soon... and not worth $40 each.

and esp. with feed back like that. It seems about 10% of the people never receive their items!

well, I guess if you have the money...

saniyairshad

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExquisiteImages
These aren't considered fakes because on the box it has WN on it, which stands for working name. It's either a product that they're working on for an upcoming collection or an item previously worked on with that certain working name before they finalize the shade for the MSF. I have a Catherine Deneuve eyeshadow Quad marked sample with one shade out of the 4 eyeshadows as WN.

Ur proabably right

lah_knee

just so you all know and to clarify, this bora bora msf is actually the WN for Gold Spill msf which comes out with flashtronic
smiles.gif

panda0410

Quote:
Originally Posted by lah_knee
just so you all know and to clarify, this bora bora msf is actually the WN for Gold Spill msf which comes out with flashtronic
smiles.gif

Ditto - I was going to say the same. There is actually another thread on Specktra somewhere? which states the same thing re both Bora Bora and Zanzibar!

newagetomatoz

Re: another 'bora bora' msf on ebay

I have to agree that it does look pretty! And, it looks more interesting than my Gold Spill.

erine1881

Re: another 'bora bora' msf on ebay

sorry folks, its not a new color. just the sample with the working name of an old one.